1RM Front Squat, Pullups and OHS Volume

Tuesday 16.12.14

Burpee x100 in team WOD 3 at #smashclash #crossfit #adaptcf #burpees #airtime @shagsywagsy @canberra_life

Sharon and Elaine crushing it at Smash Clash the other week

Strength

• 1RM Front Squat

Conditioning

• 1o min EMOM
  • 3-7 Pullups and Ring Rows
  • 3-5 OHS 20/15

Extras

• 400m run with a baby seal

Post loads and training notes to comments

A: 75kg. PR today, however this was the first test in about 9 months.
    B: 5:5 tough, but kept it constant
    C: always love running with a baby seal.

A. 110kg. Equal PB but more importantly the first heavy squats I’ve done in a couple of months since straining my hamstrings. And I’m not sore afterwards. That’s a win.
    B. 5:5. Seemed quite casual really. Makes me suspicious of tomorrow

On other PB news – Karen and I are celebrating our 25 year anniversary today. And Kenny is graduating from year 12 today. Am a very proud old bloke today.

A. To Coops disgust I pulled the pin at 80kg today as soon as I started rounding my back even a little – I’m really focused on seeing the year out without injury
    B. 3:3 – as per Ivan’s comment, suspicious of tomorrow

A. 65kg – PB
    B. 4 ring rows and 5 overhead squats each round
    C. went out in lifting shoes, not doing that again

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Can’t squat due to an ongoing knee something..issue..thingy..annoying..need to get it looked at.

Anyway, deadlifted instead.

A: slowly worked my way up to 180kg for 3×3 with some sets of 5 on the way up to that weight.

B: 5 Hang Cleans @70kg straight into 7 pull ups.. ripped after 5 rounds of that so went into 10 push ups instead of 7pull ups.. all quite manageable

C: just cruised here with scores of 20 and 22

• Cindyd says:

A: Only worked at 55kg today, well off 1RM territory for me, but I didn’t want to go up in weight as the movement wasn’t feeling the best today so just wanted to move.

B: Made the decision to do 3 x pull ups, 5 OHS @15kg….pull ups felt the best they have in months, OHS also getting much easier, I enjoyed this EMOM.

C: 17/17 … I really wanted baby seal action, stupid burpees

• Coach B says:

Congrats to Karen and Ivan – 25 years damn!

A: trained with Rosey and managed to hit a 5kg PR (150kg) – Rosey PR’d with 127 (+2kg) – pretty chuffed considering I haven’t been able to front squat more than 135 for over a year?!
    B: took turns with Rosey – 5 & 5 – little secret: tomorrow’s WOD -> starts with J and ends with sh….
    C: steady state – 22,24

Walked in today feeling very average after Isabel yesterday so wasn’t expecting much.

A: haven’t tested my 1rm for about 12 months so going into today my recorded 3rm was higher than my 1rm. Managed to get 65kg which is 5kg more than my 3rm! I thinking have more in the tank, but definitely not today.

B: glad this was a bit chill. Decided pull ups would not be my friend today so I did ring rows. Worked on 7 RR and 5 OHS. Finished each round with 20-30 seconds left on the clock.

C: stupid burpees. 12 and 15. Ugh!

• Kylie J says:

A. 90 kg PB
    B. RR and front squats, nursing a sore shoulder
    C. 19 and 18 burpees

• A) 110kg. Wasn’t feeling it tonight. Also, my shoulder started popping out on the way back up. I dropped it to 105 and it kept happening, so I stopped.
    B) 4 pull ups and 5 OHS. Should have done more of both.
    C) 24 and 21. That 2nd round got really hard.

• Sam B says:

A: 97.5kg, but pretty damn ugly… Sean kept yelling at me “keep those elbows up!” I was listening, but my elbows weren’t…

B: 5 pull-ups, 5 OHS each minute.

C: 2 x 10kg baby seals…