1RM Back Squat, 1RM Strict Press and Tabata circuit

Friday 12.12.14

Jimmy getting the work done in team WOD 3 #smashclash #kettlebells #adaptcf #crossfit

Jimmy hitting the KB Taters at Smash Clash on the weekend

Strength

• 20 mins to establish 1RM Back Squat
  • 8 mins to establish 1RM Strict Press

Conditioning

• Tabata – 20 on:10 off – 4 rounds
  • Airdyne
  • Row
  • Double unders
  • Ring Rows
  • DB Thrusters
  • Plate Stepups

Post loads and training notes to comments

sean

• kirsten says:

a: new 1RM! 80kg previous was 75
    b: ran out of time – got up to 33.5 (max is 37.5)

A: 87.5kg (new PR by 2.5)
    B: 33kg – failed my PR attempt at 37. Have not been able to get above 35 for a year. Dam strict press.
    C: mentally was not up for more than 2 rounds (LIKE THE BOARD INITIALLY READ)! TGIF.

A) Equal PR, 120kg. Ran out of time for new 1RM.
    B) New 1RM 65kg. 5kg PR.
    C) was not terrible… glad Sean decided not to do a 5th round…
    D) Instead there was another 400m run… Hooray.

Jimmy looks like he’s praying to the Crossfit gods for forgiveness. I doubt he got it.

Not a stand out effort for me today compared to other days this week, but good fun nevertheless.
    A. It was backsquats that did my hamstrings in, so I called it at 100kg to be safe. Highlight of the day though was watching my partner in crime Tim set a new PR of 155kg. Along the way he failed a backsquat for the first time ever(!) so not only put in a great physical effort, but encountered the psychological barrier with which I’m all too familar. Great to see.
    B. Tried a new strategy on strict press today. I always find I build up too slowly and am fatigued by the time I’m in PR territory. So I warmed up quickly at a light weight and jumped straight to 70kg (5kg above existing PR). And failed. Fancy that. But I got 60kg…..
    C. Not much to say here, but felt nicely drained at the end, without having strained anything too much.

• Sam B says:

A: 110kg, a new PR by 3kg.

B: 47.5kg today (old 1RM was 50kg)

C: Yep, did it.

• Cindyd says:

Good day in the gym..

Amended the whiteboard temporarily to make Steveo think he’d been knocked from #1 for Annie was fun.

Did 4 x backsquat instead of 1RM as I did squats in PT with Coach Craig yesterday. Worked up to 55kg….felt good, did have to really focus on getting the depth though.

Ahh Tabata…that was fun, thanks Josh for your “interesting” sweat mark on the back of your shirt.. It kept ne entertained and made me forget I was doing ring rows.

A. 80 kg (new PB by 3kg)