1RM OHS and “Dianne”

Tuesday 09.12.14

Coach Craig handling some balls at Smash Clash on the weekend

Strength

• 1RM Overhead Squat

Conditioning

• “Dianne”
  • 21-15-9
  • Deadlifts 100/70
  • HSPU

– FF

• 21-15-9
  • Deadlifts 60/40
  • HSPU/Pushups

– “Dirty Dianne”

• 15-10-5
  • Deadlifts 150/100
  • Deficit HSPU on paralettes

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

News on the next couple weeks of programming plus we need you to RSVP by Wednesday for the Xmas BBQ this coming Saturday (13th)

sean

A: 51kg. Rushed an attempt at 55kg but my sweaty hands wouldn’t allow the lift. Super keen to hit 55 again though (with the use of chalk next time)!
    B: RX but still needed another 5 HSPU to finish.

Another pleasing day:
    A. 82kg. A 9.5kg PB. Was very pleased to get 77kg, then Sean advised me to go down more slowly and, waddayaknow, the 82kg felt easier. Apparently Sean knows something about lifting. Tried 87kg twice, and while I failed, it felt like it’s there soon.
    Once again just keeping ahead of Kenny, who got a 70kg squat. That’s something like 15kg more than body weight.
    B. 7.12 RX. A 1 second PB.

A. 82kg – 2KG PB. Woke up with a fairly sore left shoulder today so am a bit disappointed, was hoping for more of a jump as I got a 3RM at 80kg a few weeks back.
    B. Did FF (shoulder and back made the decision pretty easy today) – 3:15 I think.

Great to work with Ivan today – congrats on all the PBs!

Thankfully had a massage booked in with Craig after so the body is feeling a fair bit better now!

• Sam B says:

A: 60kg. Failed 70kg twice. Was about to attempt 65kg when we ran out of time. Should have gone up in smaller increments.

B: FF – 60kg deads and HSPU onto an abmat. Got to about 12 HSPU in second round. Perhaps should have done push-ups…

• Coach B says:

Got to train with Bryan H this morning @ 5:30am
    A: worked up to 110 (as did Bryan) – felt solid but ran out of time.
    B: 3:41 RX’d – super steady pace today – didn’t really want to go to ‘that’ place for a PR – first 2 rounds of HSPU: wide strict – then kipped for the last set – DLs unbroken

A) 75kg – 10kg under my 1rm – a bit sore so held back.

B) changed to; 21 15 9 strict pull ups and 42 30 18 push-ups.
    Damn!!!!
    Got into rd of 9 pull ups. Chief will be interesting hehe

• eliza says:

A – 50 kg OH sq πŸ™‚
    B – FF – 7.59, 50 kg weight and scaled pushups.
    thanks kylie J and coach craig πŸ™‚

• Bec B says:

A. 45kg new 1rm which felt hard but pretty solid.
    B. Almost Rx! 70kg with an ab mat which I’m glad I had as HSPU crashed in the last round! 10:29 thanks coach Karl, James and Rosey for pushing me through (some very ugly deads :s sorry) and for grabbing a stopwatch πŸ™‚

A: new PR at 70kg
    B: 4:52 rx. My glutes and hammies were shattered, 70kg became very heavy and slow. My 5pm massage with Craig before I trained was focussed on my glutes and it was painful and awful in the best way possible.

• A) 100kg. Very happy as I missed it last time because I lost my breath at the bottom. It hardest part of it was actually stabilising before the squat.
    B) Cut off at 10mins with the 9 HSPU to go at Rxd weight.