3×10 Front Squats and some Pullup Volume

Tuesday 02.12.14

Kendrick Farris Front Squat position

Strength

• 3×10 Front Squat @ 50% 1RM
  • this should be a quite manageable weight, focus on good positioning

Conditioning

• Strict Pullup Volume – 10 mins
  • 3-7 reps each round
  • Filler is Double Unders

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

A. 35kgs
    B. 5 ring rows and 3 double unders each minute.
    C. made it half way, then used elbow time to rest

A: 1 x 35Kg, then did 2 x 40Kg.
    B: 3 on orange band all the way through (except for round 7) boo… quite happy as this was tough as…
    C: f*%k

A. Only at 45kg. Still be nice to the hammies.
    B. 5. Unbroken for first 4-5 rounds then triples with 2 singles. Stopped double unders about the time
    I stopped unbroken.
    C, I concur with Fee. Got to halfway then failed three times in second half.

A) 55kg, cleaned from the ground.
    B) 3 Pull Ups – Blue Band each round.
    C) Sean is evil.

A) 60kg
    B) Taking it easy on my wrist this week so I didn’t do HSPU’s yesterday – I did volume Pull-Ups instead… so more Pull-Ups today was fun!!! Maintained 3 reps through-out, tried to maintain 25 unbroken DU repts
    C) Rested my wrist here, so just held a plank for the duration… Not a good alternative at all!!!

A. 45kg
    B. 4, 4 then 3 for the rest (good, solid UB reps so happy with that)
    C. Did Airdyne 30sec on 30sec off.

Missed yesterday so did some work with the devils complex after. Got 55kg and failed 60kg at the TnG snatch. Grip was gone and my hip flexors weren’t loving me (I think because of C).

• Craig W says:

A. 50% = 70kg, worked with Coach B today
    B. Played with Pull Up party tricks
    C. Partner carry with Ben!

• Cindyd says:

I was time poor today

Did the front squats at 40kg without too much grunting…

I will do DU & Pull ups in Open Gym tomorrow morning … loving the new fan in open gym, thanks Coach B

• Annie says:

A. 35kg
    B. 4 strict pull ups
    C. Carried Eliza, we laughed a lot!

Went to the 6pm class to work with my smash clash buddy Leanne. Man it was hot- mornings are so much colder!
    A. 20kg, 25 kg, 30 kg.
    B. 6 ring rows. Went to two sets about half way through. DUs were happening tonight 🙂
    C. Farmers carry with 15kg dumb bells.

• eliza says:

A – 30kg
    B – 3 pull ups, orange and yellow band
    C – Carried Annie and vice versa around the 200m. This is the first time I have been able to do this myself, so happy I trusted annie, although it hurt like a bitch!
    Thanks Coach Craig

• A) 60kg. Probably a bit over 50%, but wasn’t too difficult.
    B) 4 strict (alternating grip at the end). I did between 20-10 DUs each round and did about 35 on the last.
    C) Had to stop halfway but finished it off. My back’s a little sore this morning though.

A: 50kgs.
    B: 3 banded pull-ups and some not to bad DUs
    C: Little bit freaky to be the carried, and apparently my shoulder is too bony!

• Sam B says:

A: 50kg.

B: Worked with an orange band, because I wanted to get some more volume in and I haven’t done many pull-ups lately. And that’s what I found out… I am woefully out of shape in this regard. Started at 5 reps/round, was down to 2 reps by the end… And this is supposed to be a light week! Oh dear…