Devils Complex and some Volume Work

Monday 01.12.14

sean_tongue

Caption this. Sean with a 128kg C+J.

Strength:

• Devils Complex (max complex)
    • Clean
    • Hang Clean
    • Push Jerk
    • Split Jerk
    • Snatch Balance
    • TNG Snatch
    • Hang Snatch

Compare to 20.06.2014

Volume:

EMOM 10 minutes

• HSPU
    • 1-4 Strict
    • 4-6 kipping

Pick a number and try to stick with it for the whole 10 mins – go for less reps to maintain across all sets.

Fill remaining minute with box jumps.

Conditioning:

Tabata –  8mins; 20sec work, 10sec rest/transition:

• Wall Balls (20/14)
  • KB Swings (24/16)

Try to keep the rep range the same throughout and don’t let you last round be your worst!

Great to be back after a week off, and great to have Coach James!
    A. 32kgs, new PB by 2kgs
    B. 3 push ups and about 5 rebound jumps on 8 inch box
    C. maintained 10 swings and 4 wall balls

• kirsten says:

A: 27.5kg
    B: 6 push ups and worked on rebound box jumps with a lower box
    C: 5 wall balls & 11 swings

• Becca says:

Really good to train with the 5:30am crew! I think it’s been a few years since i trained that early!
    A. Worked up to 35kg – failed the TnG Snatch and ran out of time to try again.
    B. worked on 1 strict HSPU per round
    C. WB lowest was 6, KBS lowest was 10
    Fun session – really humid. Perhaps bring a towel and water bottle today guys 🙂

Oh to caption – I am a crazy man and lift like a demon!
    A)50kg for this one today. Shoulders didn’t want to fully switch on today though…
    B) 6 Push-ups and rebound box jumps on 20 inch.
    C) 5 Wall balls and 12 swings.

A: 35Kg – should have tried higher, but was pretty smoked after each attempt, so rested!
    B: 4 kipping scaled HSPU. Should have gone for unscaled.
    C: 10 swings and 7 wall balls.

“open wide……. and say ahhhhhhhhh”

Felt very sluggish this morning. Inflexible and slow, and took ages to warm up (I’m not even sure I succeeded in that).
    A. 45kg. Felt much heavier than it should have.
    B. About 4 rounds at 3 strict HSPU, then the remainder at 5 or 6 kipping. I may have skipped a minute (see above).
    C. 10 swings, 5 WB.

A little outdown by the not-so-little-anymore guy – turned around at one point to see him do a forward roll into HSPU, [email protected] Well, actually I can vouch for the fact that he’s not a [email protected], but let’s not split hairs.

• “Yarrgh double Coops body-weight C+J!” – Congratz to Coach Sean; awesome effort and fantastic to watch!
    It was fun coaching the early classes this morning. Expect more of this!
    A: 60kg on the second go. 65 failed at the TNG snatch. I blame humidity.
    B: Stuck with 5 kipped HSPU and 7 box jumps. Hips are still tight so I stuck with step downs.
    C: 12 swings and 8 wb. Definitely agree w/ Becca very muggy/sweaty!

Waaasssssuuuupp

The heat and humidity didn’t help with my feeling blah today.

A: 35kg. Failed the TnG snatch at 40kg pretty spectacularly! Kathleen and I called it the snatch dance hehe. Didn’t try again.

B: started with 3 kipping, did that for about 3 rounds then started failing. Thanks coach Bec for the form correction my last 2 rounds were back at 2 reps.

C: died half way through. Wanted to walk out the door….hated this!

WB: 7, 7, 7, 6, 4, 4, 5, 6 so score of 4
    KB: 12s until the 3rd last round when I got 11 for the rest.

Glad to be sitting on my couch now…

A: 45kgs. Failed the TnG snatch at 50kg. Tried again and failed the same place.
    B: 3 Strict HSPUs and approx 4-5 rebound box jumps per round.
    C: 12 KBs every round – wall balls sucked today, usually one of my favoured movements. Think the max was 8, lowest was 5?

• KJ says:

A: worked up to 50kg. Failed twice on the TnG snatch. Was just tired – and it felt heavy tonight.
    B: 4 strict x 10. These felt really solid.
    C: 12 -13 KB swings and min of 10 wall balls.

• A) Got to 60. It looked good, but still need to work on my foot position and balance for the split jerk and snatch.
    B) 4 strict HSPU with a few box jumps after each set. I could have gone more reps next time.
    C) Started at 11(KB) and 8 (WB) and kept around 9-11 and 5-6 each round.