Pull-Up Development then Partner WOD

Wednesday 26.11.14

Ann having a crack at the RX weights this morning! #wicked

Ann having a crack at the RX weights this morning! #wicked

Skill:

• Pullup/Muscle technique development

Accessory:

• 3x 10-15 c2B pull-ups (3-5 reps is acceptable for people who have UB kipping C2B)
    scaling 1: pull-ups / scaling 2: banded strict pull-ups / ring rows

WOD – RX:

P1 goes while P2 rest; then vic-versa:

• 9 deadlifts @ 50/35kg
  • 7 hang power cleans
  • 5 shoulder to OH; then

3 min ME: P1 jumping squats while P2 handstand hold – only can get reps when P2 is upside down

FF:

P1 goes while P2 rest; then vic-versa:

• 9 deadlifts @ 40/25kg
  • 7 hang power cleans
  • 5 shoulder to OH; then

3 min ME: P1 jumping squats while P2 handstand hold/push-up hold – only can get reps when P2 is upside down or holding

Post reps and rounds to comments.

A: still suck at this although I’m finally seeing improvement. Did one unbanned chin up (really hurt my elbow though), also got a few pull ups on yellow. Hopefully not far away from unbanned pull-ups.
    B: great team workout with Nay. Did RX and got 10 rounds then 71 jumping squats.

A1. Worked on butterflys. Feel like I’m in this weird transition period were my kipping pullups are now out of whack due to trying to change my timing for butterflys – so everything feels wrong 🙂
    A2. I knew that grip would be important for B so didn’t push it here – did a few – got off the bar.
    B. Worked with Tim @ FF. We did 6 rounds each and then got 101 jumping squats.

aside: Have an awesome wedding and honeymoon Ash!

A1. Mostly trying to get enough momentum for bar muscle up. Ain’t happening. I get very close but always in poor position so I can’t shift my weight over the bar.
    A2. Sets of 8, by which time arms go a bit to jelly.
    B. Worked with Tim A. Went RX and got 9 rounds + 2 dead lifts (I think).80 jumping squats.
    Came out feeling invigorated today.

A) kinda got a kinda kipped pull up…. then worked on ring rows, 3 rounds 12 – 11 – 12 – with an increased leg deficit.
    B.1)RX – Worked with Ann. 6 Rounds and 9 DL.
    B.2)RX – 62 Jumping Squats.

Nice Ray. First step to a kipped pull up must be a kinda kipped pull up. Keep it up young fella. We’ll make a Masters League Warrior of you yet.

-> Worked on bar muscle-up technique – Thanks for the pointers Craig (And welcome to the morning – and Kylie!)
    -> 10/8/8 for C2B – Grip went nuts at the end
    -> With Peticus @ RX: 9 Rds + Somewhere between 60 and 100 squats. We worked in sets of 10 each and got an even spread… that’s all that’s memorable.

• Craig W says:

A. Played with some pull ups and did a couple of muscle ups
    B. Did 2 rounds of 10 UB C2B’s but stopped there as was a bit sore still from last few days
    C. I was the odd number in the class so did this on my own. Had a strategy and it got me 10 rounds. Then for the Jumping Squats I got 67, using the handstand holds as rest.
    Great to train with the 6:30am crew this morning and Coops ran a brilliant session.

A: worked on my kipping pull ups as they were gone after I was away for 2 weeks. Happy to report that they are back! Got 3 in a row. Tried butterfly technique but no go.

B: just kept doing sets of kipping pull ups. The more fatigues I was the worse they got (who would’ve thought?)

C: worked with Em, we got 7 rounds then 76 squats (I didn’t do jumping squats but Em did!)

A: Just played with pull ups – kipping and strict.
    B: A few sets of strict on a band
    C: Worked with Jac and went Rx. We got 9 rounds and 7 cleans. I managed all sets unbroken. Then a nice even 100 squats in the second part!

• pip says:

A: Just worked on a bit of kipping but due to very tender hands, not too much, then 3 sets of 12 pretty tough ring rows really focussing on pinching my shoulder blades and working my upper back rather than my arms.
    B: Did this by myself with 1:1 work rest ratio and got through 9 rounds. Then worked with Rosey in the last bit and we got through 109 jumping squats.
    Finished off the session with a nice and cruisey 30 minute row with Annie. We took the rowers outside which made it a bit more pleasant!

• A) Working on a bar MU. Got 3. Very happy.
    B) Teamed up with Mark:
    – 11 rounds and 6 cleans
    – It was either 70 or 80 something. That was the first one where the work was harder than the handstand holds.