3RM 1+1/4 Squat, run and some upper body work

Tuesday 25.11.14

Aurimas Didzbalis 185kg Snatch + Backflip

Strength

• 3RM 1+1/4 Front Squat
  • must be taken from the ground

Conditioning

• 12 min running clock
  • 800m run
  • in the remaining time AMRAP
  • 1 Bar Muscleup
  • 2 C2B Pullups
  • 3 Pullups
  • 3 Ring Dips
  • 6 HSPU
  • 9 Hand Release Pushups

FF

• 12 min running clock
  • 800m run
  • remaining time
  • 6 Pullups/ring rows
  • 12 HR Pushups
  • Prerequisite for RX is C2B pullups, HSPU and Ring dips

Post loads, rounds and training notes to comments

Weightlifting Nationals on this weekend

Tahni, Loui and myself are competing in the Weightlifting nationals in Melbourne this weekend. The event is webcast and you can check out all the action here.

• Tahni lifts @ 515pm Friday
  • Sean @ 715pm Friday
  • Loui @ 1130am Saturday

A. Stayed at 50kg for this and did power cleans towards the end to not irritate my back. Good working with Mark.
    B. RX with C2B instead of muscle ups. Did a partner swap and worked with Rach.

I got to 3 ring rows in the third round (struggled with the ring dips and push ups today)

Sorry for holding you up when I borrowed the rings Ivan! (bit of a shortage this morning so Rach and I had to float around)

• David N says:

A: 70kg (40,50,60,65,70)
      B: 5 rounds, 8 push ups

• Mark says:

Good working with Jason this morning. Hit 70 for the complex, but failed at 80 (couldn’t get under the bar, getting fatigued). 75 might be there, but ran out of time.
      Then for the workout, realized I’d been training alongside Zoe for years, and never actually partnered with her – hence the reason for the quick partner swap (thanks Jason). Somewhere in the 3rd round Rx.
      Zoe your pullups are awesome. C2B aren’t far away!

A: 45kg – wow that was tough…. I struggled at my starting weight!
    B: got the pull ups done in round 5 of the FF version…. boy those HR push ups were slow………..

A: 60kg – I like these! 65kg is there with more time I think.
    B: 3 rounds rx – 800m @ 3:16(ish)
    Great working with Chloe this morning – awesome pull ups!

Fun working with Bryan today!
    A)90kg(my current 1RM clean weight)
    B) 4 rounds at 6 ring rows in the FF division. – my arms had nothing in them for the push ups. – oh and hooray for more running….

A) 90 for the triple – Quite happy with that, open gym work on the cleans has come along well!

B) Into the fourth round of the RX version with 4 C2B – I really needed some 10am Salt N Pepper playing because I just couldn’t Push-It anymore.

• Marc D. says:

A) Did 3 at 80kg. Tried 85kg – got the clean – but couldn’t get the squats.
    B) Got into the 4th round (RX), I think I got 5 ring dips. Should have gone harder on the run. I think it took me 4:xx to shuffle around the block twice.

Worked with Matt B. I think the B stands for Beast – cause he did all the movements today… strict. And he still got more work done!

• Cindyd says:

A: 45kg 3RM Front Squat, didn’t do 1/4 squat.

B: 4 rounds exactly, I didn’t mind the running, the push ups I minded alot!

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Worked up to 120kg, although I was cleaning the first rep so I think I was doing it wrong. Tried to PR my clean after it and just missed it.

Finished off 5 rounds and 8 HR Push ups

A: worked up to 50kg. Was tough!

B: went FF started with pull ups but couldn’t get any so dropped to ring rows! Still in struggle town after Murph so push ups were slow…only got 3 rounds plus 6 ring rows.

• Craig W says:

Worked with Coach James which was awesome
    A. Hit 110kg
    B. Completed 5 Rounds and 3 Hand Release Push Up’s
    Set myself a target to harness the power of Camille and cycle the Bar Muscle Ups into Butterfly C2B and into Butterfly Pull Ups. Pleased to report I hit that every round!

• Kylie J says:

A. 70kg
    B. 3 rounds FF……looove wods with ALL my weaknesses in them, things will get better I know

A. 90kg starting to feel much stronger getting back into things.

B. 3 rounds + the pullups

• Liv says:

A: worked up to 65kg – really felt this after a few days off and recovering from a pull in my hip flexor after all the leg days last week :
    B: FF 5 rounds and 3? Hand release push ups..
    Pull-ups felt good apart from the pinching on the fleshy part of my left hand – wondering if I need to change my grip to more centered on my palm.
    Great to work with Ellyse tonight 🙂

A: 65kg – yep. Failed the clean at 70, but pretty sure I psyched myself out of it becuase its 5kg above my 1RM clean haha.
    B: FF – finished the run in 3:43 which i was surprised at. Got 4 rounds and 11 HRPU

• A) 90kg. It was the squats slowing my down, not the cleans.
    B) 4 rounds and 3 HSPU. Did Rx version but did 2 extra C2B instead of the MUs. Finished the run at 3:25.

• pip says:

A: 65kg which is my 1RM clean.
    B: Subbed out the run for a row due to my dodgy ankle playing up. Think the row was about 3:20? FF version with pull-ups and HR pushups. Got into my pull ups in the 5th round. HR push ups are so much suckier than normal ones!

• Sam B says:

A: 70kg

B: FF: 5 rounds and 8 push-ups

Oh, and thanks Sean for embarrassing me on my birthday…