Murph

Saturday 22.11.14

“Murph”

murph

In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.

For time:

• 1.6km run
  • 100 pull ups
  • 200 push ups
  • 300 squats
  • 1.6km run

Rx – men wear a 20lb vest, ladies wear a 10lb vest.

For fun version – With a partner, sharing the load.

Coaches notes:

• Partition the reps as needed. Most people will break this up into 20 rounds of Cindy (5 pull ups, 10 push ups and 15 squats)
  • Pull up’s allowed on bands but only from a certain colour – otherwise it’s Ring Rows
  • Share.The.Workload
  • Keep reps legit and keep count!
  • Weighted vests for individuals will only be given out at the coaches discretion
  • Start and finish with the run
  • 50 minute time cap
  • eliza says:

Thanks Murph.
    43.16 subbed ring rows.
    Thanks Renee awesome partner in today’s workout.
    Thanks coach pip

• Craig W says:

RIP Murph

Did the 6am class (awesome session Coach Pip).
    PR’d the RX version with weight vest – 36:11
    (5 min PR)
    Great support going round today and thanks to Alina for pushing me in that last lap to make sure I finished strong

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Really battled today.

40:15 as prescribed, 4 minutes slower than I did about a year ago but that’s okay. Just the body an brain didn’t have much go in it today.

Good training session nevertheless, ready for another tough week.

• Matt B says:

First time doing Murphy and I’m still feeling the effects as I lay on the couch.

37:02 without a vest (maybe next time, now that I know what I’m in for!)

Decided to take the challenge and go solo. Subbed the run for 25 cal on the airdyne and did ring rows (thanks Coach Ben!). Finished 16 rounds plus 5 ring rows and 5 squats. Pretty happy with that, and glad I went solo (even though I regretted it during the workout)

Partnered with Sam B
    Ring Rows for me. Sam legit pull ups.
    Finished 32.40.

Thanks to Coach Pip and to Coach Ben- You did really help in those final runs mate thanks!
    It was great to see Craig and Rosey smashing out the workout RX. It is so inspiring, that I one day look forward to looking that smashed at the end of the workout.

This was my first time doing Murph, so thanks for the opportunity.

1st time doing murph solo just got it done in 48:25 was tough but good fun

• kirsten says:

worked with Manisha
    we finished in 38.58
    sub. pull ups to ring rows.