Clean Complex, Thrusters & a spicy METCON

• 1x Push Jerk
  • 1x Split Jerk

B: 50% of Above

• 14 Unbroken thrusters
  • Rest 25 seconds
  • 7 Unbroken thrusters
  • Repeat twice (42reps total)

C: RX

• 40 sit ups
  • 30 Wall Ball shots 20/14
  • 20 supermans
  • 10 pull ups
  • Rest 2 Minutes (climb back up)
  • 10 pulls
  • 20 supermans
  • 30 Wall Ball shots 20/14
  • 40 Sit ups

FF:

• 30 sit ups
  • 20 wall ball shots 20/14
  • 10 supermans
  • 5 pull ups / ring rows (no bands)
  • rest 2 minutes (climb back up)
  • 5 pull ups / ring rows (no bands)
  • 10 supermans
  • 20 wall ball shots 20/14
  • 30 sit ups

Post Reps/Times to Comments

Worked with Steve-O today – always fun!

A. Worked up to 60kg pretty quickly then stayed there for a few sets. Have to keep reminding myself to take it slow with my back.
    B. 40kg
    C. FF. Not supposed to be doing sit ups so I took it fairly slow with these and the supermans. Man do I hate wall balls – especially when I haven’t done them for ages.

Nice work coach Karl!

• Liv says:

Legs?? What legs? They are no longer responding to my brain for an everyday function called ” walking”!
    A: Worked up to 50kg with power cleans instead of full cleans.
    I’ve done something to my left hip flexor (I blame Nancy) so cannot get the range of motion for a full squat.
    B: Worked on some one legged deadlifts with 30kg barbell and a then tried with couple of kettlebells (instructions from Rach to try improve my balance and activate my glutes more 😉 )
    C: FF option and subbed 24kg KB swings for wall balls. Finished in 6:54
    4 days rest.. Woohoo!!

A. 40kg for the complex. Went for 42.5 kg but I mentally checked out and missed the second clean.
    B. 20kg. Surprisingly hard but I could hold on for the reps.
    C. 9.30 – FF version with an orange WB.
    Lots of fun at the 6.30 session today.

A) Hit 80kg twice for the complex. Working on the stretch-reflex for the clean and feeling better with it.

B) 40kg. At which point I drafted an open letter;
    Dear Legs, I’m sorry.
    I promise that you’ll sit down all weekend on a comfortable couch, extended and not having to bend at the hip or knee crease. You definitely will not be picking up a ball, squatting and throwing it at a wall. That’s just stupid.
    Regards, Steve.

C) FF down the ladder, RX up it.
    As per above, I didn’t want to do anything like a squat so started FF… and finished the first part in 2:18. So went RX back up the ladder and doubled my time (spending a million minutes on the wall balls). Finishing around 8:23

• Sam B says:

A: Managed 60kg, quite a few attempts at 65kg, but woefully butchered the jerks (Sean had quite a chuckle at what he saw me do…) Feel like I should have lifter more, and that a few months ago I would have, but still getting back into the swing of training regularly. Ah, the long-term fallout from Hawaii…

B: Worked at 30kg. Hard work…

C: I just want to say one thing: I hate wall balls. Or maybe they hate me. I think I did about as many no-reps as I did proper reps. Anyway, took the FF option, got out 8 sit-ups before timing out.

Oh, and thanks for a great session, Karl!

A: At Criag’s advice – loaded up pretty heavy pretty early – hit 55kg pretty easily, but took a jump to try 65 and failed on the push jerk. Ran out of time to back down to 60 after that, but pretty confident I would have got it.
    B: Worked at 30kg.
    C: FF – 6:29. My first split was 2:16, so pretty consistent. Would have gone for Rx if not for my lack of pull-ups 🙁

• A) 75kg
    B) 30kg. Took it easy as feeling pretty beat up from this week and trying to stop my right shoulder from clicking. The movement felt good.
    C) Cut off at 18 WB on the way back up. Finished the first set in 5:07. I hate sit ups.

• eliza says:

a – 40kg
    b – 20kg
    c – 9.16 FF
    had the pleasure of working with Nay, so thanks 🙂
    also thanks coach craig for the words of encourangement