Nancy

Wednesday 19.11.14

Two new high scores from this morning! Fricken awesome Liv and Fee!!!

Two new high scores from this morning! Fricken awesome Liv and Fee!!!

Strength:

• Heavy double OHS squat

Conditioning:

RX (Nancy):

5 rounds for time:

• 400m run
  • 15 OHS (42.5/30kg)

FF:

5 rounds for time:

• 400m run
  • 10 OHS (30/20kg)

Post reps and times to comments.

A. Got a single at 45kg, double at 35kgs (1RM is 52kgs but from the rack)
    B Went RX!!! yay!!! finished third round on the buzzer, let down by the runs not the squats.
    Have I mentioned I love OHS…

A) Got 55kg this morning in the double overhead. I just wasn’t feeling it today. Was having trouble staying tight.
    B) Due to “A” did FF version at 35kg. Finished in 15:20.

Oh excellent work Fee and Liv!
    It’s amazing what you can do when you shirt is on the right way around!

A: Got 1 at 50Kg and two at 40Kg
    B: Kind of surprised myself this morning by making the board! I’m sure by this afternoon someone else will overtake, but still pretty happy with my effort. OHS felt really good as I managed (just) to do them unbroken. But the run kicked me in the guts by round 4.
    Ray – I think getting dressed correctly helped my form today!!! Thanks for the comment!
    Congrats Liv….. I knew you would get on!

• Liv says:

A: Snatched first one then 2 OHS @ 45kg, failed snatch at 50kg on first attempt (not switched on) and after cleaning and puttiing over my head on the second go I couldn’t get the press overhead because of my shoulder, so called it there.
    B: 15:16 is a 1 min 49 sec PB – I suspect I won’t be long on the board after this arvos sessions though! πŸ˜‰
    OHS all unbroken and the runs were really tough from the off – back to back sessions after heavy front squats last night was not pleasant and that was evident from the off… I wore skins to bed last night and will be wearing them all day today.
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement, even you Coops! I’m putting that PB down to the magic purple marker go faster stripes on my arm πŸ˜›

A) Been practicing for this… Hit 70kg and called it there, combination of yesterdays squats and Monday’s squats meant I wanted to try and cruise through today’s squats.

B) MOAR SQUATS! Yay. Good thing DOMS didn’t set in until the third run…
    Finished 15:05 or so. Managed UB sets for first two and final round, I should have held on for the third and fourth round to do all 15 there too but… dat leg burn!!

Grats to all that PB’d this morning – I’ve never made it past 3 rds of Nancy before so I’m pretty stoked with the result!

A. Used this as a warm up for my back lots of reps at 50kg.
    B. Timed out RX on the last run. First time doing Nancy so pretty happy with myself. Could barely move on the runs but did all the OHS unbroken. Made sure to do the remaining 15 OHS at the end of the class.

Good working with Tristan.

A. Double at 35kg on second attempt.
    B. 3 rounds of the FF version. It was great having the FF option today. Even though the runs slowed me down the wod was lots of fun and I really enjoyed it.

• A: Worked with Josh, snatching into OHS, so went up as high as 65kg before resting the old achy legs for “Nancy” – or as I like to call her, “I’d rather EABD”
    B: 13:10 rx – congrats to all who PB’d today, and to the arvo sessions, I hope its not too hot!

• Cindyd says:

A: 35kg for the double I wasn’t going heavy today, was just testing how my stomach would cope.

B: I did FF finished in 17:04, I’m happy with the OHS as this is only the second time I’ve done OHS post operation, so my plan was to just get through them slow & controlled. Pretty disappointed in my running times, but to be fair the only time I’m going to run fast is to a shoe sale.

Thanks heaps for the encouragement Coach Karl & Sarah. Cyborg was impressive to watch, freakish!

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Legs officially smashed after the past few days!!

Worked up to 70kg

First time doing this workout and won’t be doing it again anytime soon. First 40m run after the OHS from round 3 on was not nice. 10:37

• Craig W says:

A. Hit 70kg with Karl, Rosey and Dean then called it to rest legs!
    B. 11:14 RX and new PR by a minute

• KJ says:

A: did a few sets at 45kg. First lot of full squats since calf tear. Felt okay. No pain.
    B: Did ‘air dyne’ Nancy.
    30kg but 10 cals on the AD.
    Love the airdyne. Hahaha.
    Then tried for a new dead lift PB in open gym. Nailed it. 130kg. 135 just around the corner….
    Then just for fun – and to face my 3rd enemy for the day…I stood on the scales in public! All in all…a very positive session.
    Thanks Sean πŸ˜‰

• David N says:

a:48 kg
    b: FF 12:45. That was plenty for me. The last 2 runs were not fun. There was some great spirit in the gym tonight which made the pain worthwhile.

• RACH says:

A. Single arm DB work (shoulder issue)
    B. 15 reps @ 30kgs front squats – finished with 3 secs to go!! Legs are happy it’s a day off tomorrow!

A: worked up to 45kg, felt really solid after realising I have never really engaged my lats overhead. I think I had 50kg in the tank but was a bit nervous about getting it onto my shoulders after a clean, and we ran out of time.

B: went FF after struggling to do 10 OHS on a row on 15kg during the warm up. Also subbed running for 500m row. Struggled with the cardio after 2 weeks away travelling. Finished the 4th round.

I had a bad day today. Work is giving me the shits and I wasn’t in a good headspace.

I was on track for a really good time until the squats of round 4, and then I decided I didn’t want to do it anymore. Didn’t even want to try. Finished the run/waddle of round 5.
    I’m sorry to those who copped a deadly look – it wasn’t my intention and I appreciated the support!
    Despite having a shit day and not wanting to train, I did leave feeling ever so slightly better πŸ™‚

• Cindyd says:

I was only saying yesterday that reading a post by someone when they’ve had a shitty day inspires me….thanks for your dose of truth serum, you’re a legend Kathleen 😊

• A) 80kg
    B) Cut off during the last run. My squats were fine, I just couldn’t get my legs to work in the run. Starting to feel fatigued from Tuesday’s workout.