Burpee Box Jumps & Front Squats

Tuesday 18.11.14

Ilya Ilyin (Kaz 105kg) arguably one of the greatest lifters of this decade, breaking the Clean and Jerk record with 242kg and winning the World Weightlifting Championships in the 105kg Class

Conditioning

• For time (18 min Cap)
  • 30 Burpee Box Jumps 24/20
  • 30 Front Squats @ 70% 1RM
  • 30 Burpee Box Jumps

FF option

• 20 Burpee Box Jumps 24/20
  • 20 Front Squats @ 60% 1RM
  • 20 Burpee Box Jumps

Post times and training notes to comments

sean

FF. 20 inch box step ups. 40kgs front squats. Finished in 12.05. This was hard but good, not too daunting, just chip away at the 20.

Rx @ 75kg
    13:13
    Went 8/7/6/5/4 for squats and it worked well mentally.
    Great warm up this morning by Sean! He actually had a fun warm up!!!

• kirsten says:

this was horrible… but good horrible

35kg
    did 20 bbj first but then did 30 cleans… then my legs stopped working.
    did step ups for the last bit but did 30 to make up for not jumping.
    finished 11.50?

RX at 47kg 13:22 – glad my 1RM hasn’t been tested in a while, because I think I would have fallen over if that was any heavier!

Did FF due to my Asthma just not being nice to me,
    Finished around 9 mins 4x.
    The burpee box jumps was the hard bit for me. I didn’t mind the front squats. Probably should have gone to the 70% option instead of 60%.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

10.15
    @105kg

• Craig W says:

12:45 at 100kg, slightly heavier than 70% but as I was with Dean who was going at 105kg I was being too lazy to change the weights!!

• Cindyd says:

This was misery!

Due to my stomach swelling after Monday’s WOD I subbed Front Squats for Dead lifts, not sure what weight I did, Coach Craig just loaded me up.

Finished in 9:56…I think and I complained for every minute of it 😉 Fun session Coach Rosey

Worked at 60kg, which was somewhere in between 60 and 70% for me, and did the Rx reps (after a bit of a grumble). Finished 15:47. Rough.

• Liv says:

Rx @ 55kg 10:22
    Sets of 6 for the front squats

• eliza says:

For fun version – 20 inch box jumps, air squat subbed out burbs. 30kg f squat, 1 rm prob needs testing. 6 min something.
    Thanks coach Craig a good session with some good tips.

12:30 rx @ 55kg

Second set of burpees were slow to start – took me a while to get my head back in the right space.

• Kylie J says:

Couldn’t get to adapt today so did a cheeky WOD at Crossfit Smash Phillip and thought beforehand I got the better deal.

A. 5RM push jerk – 60kg
    B. 3×5 behind the head push press – 35kg
    C. But the kicker was
    3 rnds for time
    25 wall balls
    20 walking lunges
    200m run
    11:53
    Last round sloooooow. Took me a good long while to recover………comprehensively smashed. Damn!!

• 18:10 rxd (80kg). That literally took my breath away. Had to really slow down the last 15 burpees to stop myself hyperventilating. I’m going to hurt this afternoon.

• Sam B says:

Worked off a 1RM of 95kg, and (foolishly) took the Rx option, so put 62.5kg on the bar. Finished at around 16:30, give or take (sorry, I can’t remember exactly…)