Paused Front Squat 1RM, then a run and some lunges

Tuesday 11.11.14

Yeah, it finally happened... Today is #Fran day

Kylie S smoking some thrusters from earlier in the year

Strength

• 15 mins to establish 1RM paused squat

Conditioning

• 10 min running clock
  • 800m run
  • then in remaining time
  • 10 OH KB Lunges each side 24/16
  • 5 Bar Muscleups/7 C2B Pullups

For fitness options

• scale KB weight to something you can do 10 unbroken each side
  • 10 banded pullups or ring rows

Post loads, time for run, rounds and training notes to comments

A) 100kg. I might have gone for 105/110 but we ran out of time.
    B-1) Run 3:38 – an awesome time for me! 😀
    B-2) 16kg KB, Ring Rows – 2 Rounds and KB Lunges completed for round 3.

A) Worked up to 80kg and stuck there working on not bouncing out after the pause. Back was moderately ok.
    B) 3:05 then 2 rounds + 10 OH KB on my left (Did the first round with 24kg the dropped the weight down to 16 as I was starting to arch my back and lose a bit of stability). Did C2B.

Worked with Luke today – Good times – had a laugh as he busted out some spins/flips out of his last muscle ups.

A) 110kg with a bit of a fight – Great work by Coops getting 115!

B) 2:45 = 800m (My legs are not liking life still)
    3 rds of 10 OH lunges with 24kg on right arm, goblet squats @ 24kg to replace left arm and the 7 C2B (I’m close to getting those muscle-ups back!)

A: 70Kg – fudge this was tough, but 5kg higher than my normal 1RM, so happy with that!
    B: 3:05 (or there abouts) then I think I got through 2 and a half rounds…. the 16Kg KB lunges were tough….
    Was thinking ‘nice work Fee, you just did that RX’. But then I realised that I did ring rows…. DOH. Great workout anywho!

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Pumped for this workout!

A. 60kgs, failed 65 twice
    B. 1km row – not sure on time? and then two rounds plus 10 lunges, 10kg bell and ring rows.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Worked with Deane this arvo, dude getting fit!!

Squatted up to 140kg. 60-100-120-140 all singles so i did four squats in totally today. Silly jumps

Finished 4 rounds and ran the 800m in i think 2:48 or 2:46 something like that.

• Bec B says:

A. 65kg failed it the first go then the second was super slow motion fight. Annie would have been proud of my sound effects 🙂
    B. 3:47ish then 2 rounds and 1 token KB lunge into the 3rd with 16kg and C2B. Good session!

A: 90kg – probably would have gone for 100 if we had time as they were feeling really good.
    B: Run in 3:54 and then something like 2 rounds?

• A) 105kg. Failed at 110kg.
    B) 3:47 for the run. Should push harder next time. Completed 1 round and 4 strict pull ups. Just couldn’t get my chest to touch for half the reps.

• Liv says:

Strength: 77kg – this is a new 1RM as I don’t have a “regular” front squat 1RM but usually go off 80kg for training (gussing from a 3RM @75kg)
    Conditioning: Rx 3:41 for the run, 1 C2B in round 3! So happy to get solid C2B – steady singles