consistency is the key

Thursday 6.11.14

Yesterday was the great day for first ever Muscle-ups!!!

Here’s Jimmy with his second ever set of 5 (only managed to catch 4 of em…) Jimmy’s been training with us since the beginning of the year (quick attendance stats: > 120 sessions) #mrConsistency

Here’s Annie’s first ever muscle-up. Annies been with Adapt for about 2 and a half years (quick attendance stats: > 460 sessions) #consistency #committed

Big shout out to Peticus for nailing his first ever muscle-ups yesterday too! Pete’s been with Adapt since the garage days (in Palmerston – 5+ years) so quick attendance stats would have him well over 500 sessions… (“It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen…”) #mrPantene

Looking at all the guys that managed their first MUs yesterday, one thing is pretty clear: consistency is the key. If this is something you’d like to achieve (and yes, it is a legitimate milestone and worth chasing) it all starts with showing up on the regular.

We see people come and go all the time. They quit when the going gets tough or because their ego couldn’t take the beating. Haters/Quitters say that CrossFit doesn’t work for them but the truth is that they never gave it a chance and probably don’t stick at anything long enough to see results – There was never any consistency in their training.

Be inspired by the successes of your training buddies. Let it spark something inside of you: to push a little harder and go a little longer every time you train because anything is possible for those who are prepared to work for it. Do your time -> Get results. #hardWorkBuildsCharacter – Pep talk. Over.

~ Coach B

A: 8 mins to est. max height [seated] box jump

B: 10 mins to work up to a max power clean + push-press + push-jerk + split jerk

C – RX

EMOM for 10 mins:

* 10 wall balls @ 20/14lb; then w/ remaining time:
* max burpees

C – FF

EMOM for 10 mins:

* 6 wall balls (select a weight that will allow you to go unbroken); then w/ remaining time:
* max burpees

Post your box jump heights, loads for B and reps for C to comments.

Coach B

A. sitting on 16 inch, jumped onto 17 inch
    B. 45kgs
    C. FF, yellow ball, 23 burpees and one really tight/sore calf muscles, so only burpees on the last round for me.

Damn you Jimmy. They look too tight and easy(?) for them to be amongst your first. Congratulations!
    A. Seated Box Jumps – did 2x20kg bumpers on the 30 inch box. Must be around 34-35 inches? Or in real measurements, about 86-89cm.
    B. Worked with Tim W up to 70kg. I’m not sure if that qualifies as resting my hammies, but I hope it’s less than my max.
    C. Bleagh!!! I did the 10 WB option (I had too, Tim went first and did it). Got out 40 burpees, but that was mainly due to a late charge on the last round with 9 burpees. I strongly recommend going out slowly in the early rounds. I did 4 for my first couple of rounds and it felt too easy (had 25s or so rest), but it sure does escalate around round 5, when the burpee numbers start to drop off dramatically.
    It didn’t help when I arrived during the end of the 5:30 class, no music was playing and the first thing I heard was a guttural, somewhat nervous-sounding cry from one Mr Simonsen (it sounded like about round 7).

I was not in a happy place Ivan, but we got through it. Awesome work on 40 burpees on the RX option!

A) 28″ from 20″ seated. Also made sure I could still do a standing 30 inch box jump, as I phyced my self out last time.
    B) A dirty 80kg for this complex. Sharon says I did a split press.
    C) 27 Burpees on the FF scale. 10kg Ball.

The psychology was interesting today. You could see people baulking in a way that was much more obvious than with the standing jump. I’m sure I bailed at a level lower than my legs could do. And one or two of the others got a fearful look in their eyes before either bailing or failing the jump.

was definitely a press… but still im “press” ive