Paused Front Squats, Pullups, Running & Pwr Cleans

Tuesday 04.11.14

Taz - got ROM?

Tarryn hammering it out in the Open earlier this year

Strength

• A. 15 mins to find a 2RM Front Squat – 3 sec pause in the bottom of each rep
    • B. 3×6-12 Strict Pullups
    •      1x ME Kipping Pullups – if on banded pullups just do an additional set of the above

Conditioning

• For time
    • 10 Power Cleans 75/50
    • 200m run
    • 9 Pwr Cleans
    • 200m run
    • 8 Pwr Cleans
    • 200m run
    • 7 ….
  • FF Option – 50/35

Post loads, reps and times to comments

A. heavy double at 55kgs and a single at 60kgs. Last week my triple was 50kgs
    B. 5 sets of 5 ring rows
    C. 35kgs, got to 4 cleans in the round of 7

A. 52.5kg
    B. Ring rows.
    C. 3 reps into the round of 7 @ 35kg. Was fun except for the running.

Still nursing the hamstring so I did a set with the unloaded bar, then one at 60kg and then moved on to bar muscle up technique.
    And I got my first bar muscle up! OK, so there may have been a band involved. And, OK, so the band may have been as thick as my arms. But it still counts doesn’t it?
    Three sets of 8 strict pull ups (feel a lot hard without the band too).
    Finished the round of 6 at the FF weight (50kg). Again nursing the hammies, which did feel a little tender at the end.

Having a trying time at home at present for various reasons. Glad I’ve got this to keep me sane and blow off steam.

A: 65Kg I like the pausing bit…. good fun
    B: 3 sets at 5 on red band…. some days I can do 5, some I can only do 3…. weird….
    C: Got 3 of the 6 power cleans done at 45Kg. Wanted to go RX, but couldn’t manage 5 TnG at that weight so did 45 – which felt like a perfect (but hard) weight. Nice to work with Kenny as she got up early for our session!

A) got 90kg and 1 and a half reps at 100kg.
    Pausing without a bounce is ridiculously hard…

B) 3 sets of 6 and 10 kipping – hands are precious so gripping the bar was painful.

C) working on heavier rep ranges when i can so went RX weight and touch and go reps for half the first round only haha
    5/7 cleans – happy with the weight choice as technique maintained through sets

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Squatted with Dale this morning.
    Both hit a nasty 135kg for 2

Finished round of 6 + the run
    Running after power cleans and squatting was not so fun. Hamstrings were smoked, tough workout.

A) Worked up to 90kg. Attempted 100kg. But it just didn’t want to happen.
    B) Blue Band sets of 6.

C) 50kg. Finished the round of 7. My asthma was kicking my butt while running today. I do not like this hayfever season….

• Liv says:

A: Worked up to 72.5kg for the double – was tough on the second one
    B: Unbroken Sets of 5,4,4,4 and 7 kipping – PB for max unbroken strict!
    Conditioning: Went with FF option @ 35kg – finished the run on the round of 6 just after the buzzer.
    Did all of the cleans unbroken TnG – really felt like a running wod!

• pip says:

A: two at 70kg. Just missed the second at 72.5kg.
    B: sets with yellow band. Had trouble with my kipping today. I lost my “Cindy” virginity on the weekend and my upper body is still feeling the effects!
    C: 6/6 at 35kg.

• A) 100. Failed at 105.
    B) 7-6 each round. Only did 8 for the kips as my shoulders were feeling funky.
    C) Completed rounds of 8 Rxd.