Nate

Wednesday 29.10.14

A – Nate (RX):

20min AMRAP:

• 2 x Muscle ups (jump-through MUs are allowed – but only if the rings are higher than your eyebrows)
  • 4 x HSPU
  • 8 x OH kettlebell swings w/ 32/24kg

compare to 20.8.14

A – For Fitness (FF)

16min AMRAP:

• 2 x Strict pullups
  • 5 x Push ups
  • 10 x Russian (shoulder height) kettlebell swings

FF Coaches notes

• pull-ups: If you need to use a band -> pick the smallest band possible. The aim of the game is to develop your strict pull-ups in an attempt to move closer to one day being able to perform muscle-ups… semi kipping your pull-ups on super-fat bands does not achieve this.
  • “How heavy should my kettlebell be?”: pick a weight than will allow to to perform all your swings unbroken, with poise.
  • Amount of work required: 10-15 rounds.

Post rounds and reps to comments.

Blergh. Feeling a bit beat up with new rips in my fingers and “the day after deadlifts” feeling.

Went for a modified fitness AMRAP (Muscle-ups and my hands were not friends yesterday):
    8 or 9 Rds in 16 mins of:
    2 C2B pull-ups + 2 ring dips
    4 HSPUs (Also not my friend after 125 Push-Ups on Monday and 50 HSPUs yesterday)
    10 Goblet Squats @ 32kg
    Maintained a cruisy pace just to flush the body out after a rough start of the week! Glad to be back today 🙂

Well, I can’t say i’m a fan of 32kg KBs, but leaving that aside:

I did jump-throughs off a 24 inch box to the rings mounted in the ceiling. A little tentative about trying real muscle-ups for that many reps. Ended up with 12 rounds and 2 jump-throughs.

I feel particulary good about this for the moment because none of my evil progeny has yet done it to show me up. Glad Ewen has to work this afternoon.

Did the fitness route today.
    Finished 8 Rounds on the buzzer of pull ups (Blue Band)
    Pushups
    24kg Kettlebell Swings – (Next time I would like to go overhead with the 24kg)
    Awesome, fun training session.

12 rounds for fitness with ring rows. Started doing KB swings at 20 kg then was scaled up to 24 kg. I am really happy with how I am performing in wods like this lately. I have definitely noticed that I have more work capacity and it feels good to keep moving.

• Elaine says:

Ended up doing a mix of the two. Did 16 mins, jump-throughs and 22kg Russian swings.
    7 rounds and 2 jump throughs.

• Brendo says:

Played with the big boys today and did the Rx workout (with jumping muscle-ups). I was pretty much at full stretch with a 16″ box for the muscle-ups, so they were *almost* full muscle-ups, but not quite enough for me to claim it outright. Completed 7 rounds.

Hardest thing from this morning? I thought the hardest thing would be the OH KB swings with 32kg, but it was actually the HSPUs that I slowed down on this morning. Did all the swings UB (that’s what the cool kids say for “unbroken” – I’m 40, but I still got it! Haven’t I?)

Highlight of this morning? Ben’s visual description of the consequences of setting your MTB seat too high when riding the trails. Gold!

Cruisy technique and mobility day for me.

Worked on jump-throughs at eye level – I think I’ve made definite improvement here. Getting more stable and my kipping ring dip timing is better.

Between the jump-throughs I just did some filler HSPU work and the OH KB’s @ 24kg but didn’t really keep track of numbers/rounds/times

Thanks to Becca and the 10am crew for letting me do my open gym programming with them instead of Nate 🙂
    Today involved the dreaded Fran! Surprised myself and finished in 4:34 rx, a 1min + improvement on my last attempt and my first go at Fran with butterflies. After the feeling of lactic and spew passed I was stoked!
    Great morning 🙂

• Bec B says:

Did the AMRAP, got strict pullups for the first two rounds then one without and one with a yellow band for the next three rounds then all yellow bands (don’t know how to say that with less words!) Russian swings at 24kg got 5 pushups done in the 10th round

• Will_C says:

First time attempting Nate RX after finally getting HSPU’s and it was a battle but a great challenge.
    Completed 5 rounds with jump throughs with some great help and hints from Benny M.
    Will be interested in retesting this in a few months time for sure!

• Liv says:

Was happy to keep moving with the FF option.
    Push ups were unbroken and I used a 24kg KB for the swings – all unbroken too.
    Managed 14 rounds & 1 pullup

• 8 + 1 MU Rxd. Arms blew out quickly, which slowed me down on the MU and HSPU.

Pull ups on red plus yellow band, 24kg kettlebell swings. Finished 10 rounds!