hang snatch max, wall balls and pull-ups

Thursday 23.10.14

Warm up: KB juggling

A: Hang snatch max – 15 mins to establish a max hang snatch (can be hi hang or hang) w/ perfect form

B: Metcon as Prescribed (MAP prerequisites: 5 UB kipping pull-ups)

For time:

• 40 wall balls @ 20/14lb
  • 30 pull-ups
  • 30 wall balls
  • 20 pull-ups
  • 20 wall balls
  • 10 pull-ups

or

B: Metcon for Health and Fitness

10-14 min AMRAP:

• 9 wall balls
  • 7 pull-ups/ring rows (use bands if you need to but if you can’t do 7 pull-ups in 1 min -> do ring rows)

H&F target working time: 10 mins but if you’re feeling good, go for the full 14 mins.

Post loads, times and training notes to comments.

Coach B

Coach and Owner of Adapt CrossFit

A. worked up to 35kgs, concentrating on not jumping
    B. took the AMRAP for 14 minutes, 12lb wall ball and ring rows, got 9 rounds and 5 balls. Focussed on stringing the wall balls together as I’ve never done this, managed 3 sets of 3 most rounds.

Yep, I fumbled about with KBs in the warm. Only dropped it once.

A. Got 60kg twice, so I moved to 65kg and failed three times. However, each of the fails was a near miss, especially the last one, so I’m optimistic it’ll come soon.

B. 10:13 for the prescribed metcon. Am not, and I suspect never will be, a fan of wall balls. Battled through, and if I was bit more enthusiastic might have taken shorter breaks and knocked a few seconds off.

• Marc D. says:

A: Worked up to a snatch PB of 65Kg. Felt good. Hit 70Kg. Felt good. Fought for and hit 75Kg!! I love ringing the bell! Got to do it twice today!
    B: Did the prescribed in 10:25.

Yay no KB drops!

A) after a warm up at 45 made my wrist cry I worked on snatch grip deadlifts.

B) went as prescribed and finished in 8:09 – didn’t have to use a single bro rep for the whole 90 wall balls! Great race with my fellow busted wrist brother Benny M!

• Sam B says:

First time back in 3 weeks (did I mention I went to Hawaii?)

KB juggling was fun.

A: 50kg, almost at 55, but failed getting under the bar when I really shouldn’t have…

B: took the AMRAP option today – 10 rounds and 1 wall ball.

A: Pretty happy with this. 57.5kg. Bar path so close I’ve got a graze on my thigh!
    B: Did 10min AMRAP – Not sure how many rounds – maybe 8 and change.