Handstands & a lazy EMOTM

Wednesday 22.10.14

Last week: Loven smashing out push jerks

Last week: Loven smashing out the clean & jerks

Skill:

Handstand play

Conditioning:

EMOTM (14min)

Even minutes –

• 30 double unders
  • 5 x power snatches (40/30kg)

Odd minutes –

• 7 x bar facing burpees
  • 7 x shoulder to overhead (40/30kg)

Post loads and reps to comments.

coops

• Elaine says:

A: Progressing well, still finding and holding that sweet spot.
    B: I almost died. This looked ok but doing it was totally revolting. Felt the need to vomit towards the end (would have it if was the full 20 mins).
    I managed 30 DUs unbroken, did the burpees and required lifts (25kgs) in my first round only. It all went rapidly down hill from there. Weight lowered to 20kgs and DU/burpee reps shaved down to 20/5.

A: great fun. played around with freestanding, then one arm holds (against the wall) – surprisingly my stronger arm felt weaker doing these!
    B: WTF was that? I am still struggling to breathe…..

A. Alternated between handstands facing the wall, and handstands facing away from the wall. I’m making only minor progress, but I do feel I’m holding closer to a stable position. The highlight was kicking up and holding for a whole 2 seconds before having to touch the wall the first time.
    B. I concur with Elaine and Fee. This was a nasty little surprise. I went for 40kg and was keeping pace until about 6-7 minutes. And then, bleaagghhh. I think I kept up the DUs and dropped to 5 burpees, and I’d have been lucky to do 3 snatches and 4-5 presses on the 2nd half rounds.

A) Still got sore left wrist so just 1 armed holds on my right hand, these are strong holds now, feel great for 10 sec+ holds now.

B) All these whiners make this sound harder than it was – It was so much fun, until I actually had to pick up the weight.
    Worked at 40kg (which is now the rx… wow). Still managed to finish the rounds, except for the middle section where 3 and 5 snatches were basically the same thing, I just wanted my 10 seconds rest (wait for minutes 6 – 9! Enter the pain cave and embrace your inner fears)
    Believe the hype, 20 minutes would have seen the requirement for Pukey the Clown to return so we all could sign the wall.

• Marc D. says:

A. Always good fun. Played around with some deficit HSPU.
    B. Finished all DU, missed a few snatches. All burpees and all S2O. This was a good one. Really had to push.

• Pre workout run, 1600m rest 1min then 400 at 100%, 6:42 and 1:08

A: 3 sets of 5 strict HSPU. feeling a lot better with these now.

B: I liked this. Strangely enough, been working alot with volume work. Snatch rounds between 30-40 secs and burpee rounds between 20-30.

• eliza says:

A – Yay did some handstands
    B – Pretty proud of my efforts tonight! I kept smiling, swore at Sean only a few times, got through all my reps each minute and had fun! So thanks for that!
    Also Sean had a good quote “diamonds are made under pressure lize”, very true!
    🙂

• Still working on my freestanding. Getting better, but still a lot of work.
    This really brings up my lack of aerobic capacity. I could only get the first 3 rounds of the DUs/snatch, but got all the burpees/push jerks. The jerks definitely helped with my legs.

• eliza says:

A – had a crack
    B – I was super happy with my effort and finished all the reps (some subbed) in time. Super proud of my efforts after this one!
    Thanks Sean 🙂