Squats then Tabata Mashup

Tuesday 21.10.14

SteveO at last years Smash Clash, rego NOW!!!

Strength

• 10 mins to hit a heavy triple Front Squat
  • 10 mins to hit a heavy double Back Squat

Conditioning

• Tabata Mashup
  • T2B
  • Burpees

Extras

• 400m run with a plate 20/10
  • Pigeon Stretch 1 min each side

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

Front squat 60kgs, Back squat 80kgs.
    Maintained 4 knee raises and 2 burpees.

A: FS 60Kg, BS 70Kg (might have gone higher if I wasn’t stuffing around)!
    B: maintained 6 burpees, the T2B though were all over the place, sometimes 4, sometimes 0…. I am happy I got any since it has been 7 months since doing one!

A) 87kg.
    B) 102kg
    C) 5/5 Burpees and Knees to Chest.

A good day in the box. Thanks to everyone for a fun session.

A1: 70kg
    A2: 80kg
    B: 9 situps, 6 burpees
    C: good finish to the sesh – bit cold though

• David N says:

A1) 87kg*3 Front,

A2) 97kg*2 Back. Tried the 100kg but didn’t make it out of the first one.

B) 5 Burpees, 5 T2B (dropped from 6 on the last set)
    C) After working through about 4 ways to hold the plate, I found the best strategy was to ‘slab it’ on the shoulder. I couldn’t breath holding at the front and my arms couldn’t hold it overhead for long and anything in between was just messy.

A. Front squat 100kg (PB for 3RM – mainly because I’d never recorded one). Back squat – went straight to 110kg. Got that so I thought a PB was in my sights (currently 120kg for 2RM) and went straight to 121kg. And failed it. Twice. I’m sitll using the flu as my excuse.
    B. 5 BP and 5 T2B. In hindsight I paced myself a bit too low. Finished the last sets with 7 then 8 T2B and 8BP.
    C. Gee that 20kg plate got heavy. I kept it overhead for maybe 70m, then for that last 70ish. The rest I ran (and I use the term loosely) with it held to my chest.
    Stretching at the end? The less said the better.

P.S. Scanned through the photos of Smash Clash and saw some skinny little kid in a blue singlet competing. He did alright then, and he’s put on a few inches and about 10-15kg since. Unfortunately, some idiot (who bears a striking resemblance to me) asked about minimum age for his kids when signing up, and it’s 16 years. So despite competing last year (no, I didn’t do the paperwork), he’s not eligible. But just wait until 2015 Smash Clash when the junior Lawler beast is allowed out of his cage!

A: 50kg
    B: 70kg
    C: 3 burpees and 3 knee raises.
    Looking forward to Smash Clash.

• Bec B says:

A. Front squats at 65kg back at 70kg failed the second rep at 75kg.
    B. 6 burpees, T2B weren’t really stringing together tonight but got at least 4 out each round.
    C. Plate came down for a quick break but otherwise up for the lap shuffle then walk! Ouch. I don’t know why that’s called the pigeon stretch, I definitely didn’t look like a pigeon!

A: 90kg
    B: 100kg, got a double at 105 last week, so tried the jump to 110, and failed the second rep.
    C: 5 burpees and 3 T2B

• A) 100kg
    B) 125kg. Failed at 130kg.
    C)5 T2B and 8 burpees. Got 12 T2B first round, but lost my core then held 5. Held 8 across for burpees.
    D) Put the plate down twice (20 burpees). Having to have my arms locked out the whole time was very difficult.