BB complex, pull-ups and double-unders

Monday 20.10.14

The #AdaptCF roster for this year's Smash Clash is looking good - just remember to register ASAP! #smashClash2014

The #AdaptCF roster for this year’s Smash Clash is looking good – just remember to register online ASAP! #smashClash2014

A: deadlift + TnG clean + hang clean + 2x jerks

B: For time (12 min cap):

• 20 pull-ups
  • 100 double-unders
  • 15 pull-ups
  • 75 double unders
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 50 double-unders

Coaches notes:

• Your arms are going to feel pretty messed up through out this workout (pull-ups then double under combo) – so try and deal with the suck and keep on moving.
  • If you’re still doing pull-ups by the 4th minute – call it and move on to double unders. If you’re still doing your first set of double-unders by the 6:30 mark – call it and move on.
  • Extra spice: Try and do the double-unders and pull-ups unbroken – then do 3 burpees every time you break sets)

Post loads, times and training notes to comments.

Coach B

A) Successful complex at 80kg. Pretty happy with this today.
    B) Ring Rows and double unders for me. Got 3 Double Unders in the second round. Even managed to get 11 double unders in a row which is a new PR for me! 😀

I enjoyed the bit of messing around with KB at the start. I wasn’t particularly graceful, but managed a fair number of one handed presses without dropping it.
    A. 80kg. Not super heavy but I’m still pleased because: 1. I’m on the tail end of the flu still, so not feeling strong, and; 2. Got the hand clean on the rebound, without having to re-set my grip and catch my breath.
    B. 9:10 (ish) with “extra spice”. Given that I tend to fatigue on DUs, that meant about 25-30 burpees thrown into the mix. Came home to find Mr 3:23 looking pretty bloody smug, having gone to the 5:30am session (Karen left on an early flight to Brisbane).

A: Hit 50Kg – would have liked to try a little higher, but an unfortunate incident involving my chin and the bar prevented my chance at higher.
    B: ouch. Struggle town… good to push through – no idea what I got to, but it was tough (especially after a week in bed).

A. worked to 45kgs but didn’t push higher due to shoulder injury not quite 100%
    B. The rule about moving on from the double unders must have come in after Coach Ben watched Team Simonsen struggle through these! Pretty happy to get through the first set, just, and did 2 ring rows

A: 65kg (without the second jerk – my ribs/collarbones had had enough crushing)
    B: 5:28 rx

Good start to the week!

• Elaine says:

A) 42.5kgs pretty happy with my Jerks this morning they, all felt easy and solid. As always working to not jump forward on the cleans.
    B) Practiced my kipping pull-ups using a wider grip. Got to 18/20 then called it. Then did 8/15 in the second round.

A) Did the complex at 80 then jumped to 85 and got all except the 2nd jerk 🙁 A lot of volume work getting there was a good change.

B) 5:55 – With the constant breaks in my double unders I wasn’t going to attempt the extra spice that Coops and Ivan were doing!

A. Just worked on DL technique here @ 80kg
    B. 8:04 minus the spice. My pull ups weren’t too bad today but my double unders were rubbish (which tends happen without keeping practice up)

• Liv says:

A: Worked with Mads for the complex – she is pretty impressive, really good form throughout.
    I got up to 50kg with the jerk – up to 65kg doing just the DL & cleans.
    B: 9:11 (without the extra spice) – first time to do kipping PU in a WOD in about a month. Doing strict has really paid off as I got a PB for kipping pullups, 7 in a row, could probably have gone for a couple more but didn’t want to do max effort given it was in the first round of 20!

I had an extra spicy open gym session at lunch today – PB’d my hang snatch @ 54kg
    Started rowing 500m flat out and checked out (mentally & physically) with 110m to go 😳 – Not to be repeated!
    As a result/punishment, Coach B made me do 3 x ME 500m row (with 5 mins rest in between intervals) and a burpee for every second over my first time – I have never felt my body endure such an uncomfortable “rest”, couldn’t even sit still and that was only after the first set! I well and truly totalled the bus and everything else in it’s path but survived to tell the tale.

• Marc D. says:

A: 80kg. Cleans felt good. Jerk not so…
    B: 6:53 – No spice. 😉

A: Got up to 60kg.
    B: A whole lotta whip marks and got to 66/75 DU.

• Jamiew says: