Register for Smash Clash 2014

Monday 13.10.14

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 9.05.49 am

A: pause clean (3 seconds @ knee) + hang clean + front squat + jerk (any style)

B: 3x ME strict pull-ups (pronated); then 1x ME kipping pull-ups

C: partner WOD – P1 goes while P2 rest; then vice-versa…

• 10 KB [dead] clean and jerks
  • 10 step-ups (24/20″) w/ KB

Smash Clash 2014

This one’s a game changer folks! If you’ve never participated in a local CrossFit comp before you need to understand that this is one of the the most inclusive, newbie friendly events on the calendar. This years Smash Clash will be held on Saturday the 6th of December.

Registration for this year’s event opened today – You can register via the CF Smash website. Don’t be one of the guys who wished they’d put their hand up but missed out because they waited for too long.

Here’s a video from the 2012 Smash Clash… #getamped!

Coach B

A: 45Kg – could have gone a little higher – but wanted form to be spot on.
    B: I can finally do pull ups again (after 6months out)- only managed 4, 5, 5 on red band… but was pretty happy to get them out.
    C: Worked with Alina, this was good until we had to hold the extra KB whilst waiting – SNAP. Good fun, I guess!

After an entire week unable to train with the dreaded lurgy, I was really happy to get back to “normal” training today. Still, stamina is much reduced as I recover. And it seems I’m not the only one. A few coughs and croaky voices amongst the 6:30 class (and Coops assures me he’s recovering from Ebola).

A. Worked with Coops, and was surprised to get up to 80kg. Gee the jerks felt sluggish on 70 and 80 (but I don’t think they become presses, so that’s a win).
    B. Did all the strict pullups but could only manage the first set unbroken. 25 kipping.
    C. Partnered with Coops – Nearly 9 rounds I think. Surprisingly tiring.

• john parr says:

A: worked up to 95kg

B: went 10, 10 , 6
    Then 10

C: teamed up with Matt we did 6rounds 1 step up RX

Doing some open gym work to try and kick my niggling back injury and get some extra cardio in.

A) Swapped for 20 Cal on the bike then 800m run
    B) Couldn’t do UB but managed 5, 4, 2 then 3, 3, 3, 1 then 3, 3, 2, 2 and 8 kipping + another 400m run.
    C) Did 3 rounds of 10 Box Jumps + 10 KB Swings @ 24kg followed by an EMOM for 10 mins of ring dips with DUs as the filler (at least 10).

Then did some snatch work – worked up to 3 sets of 1 full snatch, 1 hang snatch and 1 hi-hang at 50kg.

A. Got 90kg missed the jerk at 95.

B. 10 unbroken then broke up the next 2 sets

C. Sucked at this just wacked my wrists alot.

A) Worked from 50 up to 80kg, felt ok except for a minor press.
    B) Small sets for the 10, got a PB of 21 kipping (only got 19 – twice – on the weekend for the Team Series event)
    C) Working with Beast Mode Zac, I had a 20kg KB – I think he still owes me 20 burpee pull-ups after the 20 extra reps I did than him 😉

Team: Sleep Deprived Unicorns did the snatch WOD today as well – I got a PB of 70kg snatch during that event. The Team Series has been a great deal of fun! I think if there was prizes for who laughed the most it would be a close comp between some of our teams (Looking at you Loud Noises!). Looking forward to the same fun competition at Smash Clash 2014 🙂 For those not sure on it, just do it! There’s no pressure and last year was a blast!

• Bec B says:

A. 50kg happy with that.
    B. Bit less then 10 in each set with the yellow band, then 9 kipping.
    C. Started to get the KB cleans going by the end, pretty sure Sara and I got 7 rounds and change. Good fun.

• A) 80kg. Dropped 85 in the hang as let my breath out.
    B) Couldn’t get the full 30 out in time, so just kept working. 11 kips.
    C) Worked with Kayla. Did the first round on 24, but dropped to 16. We either did 8.5 or 10.5 rounds.