FraniBethAnne

Thursday 9.10.14

Due to the last set of workshops falling on the long weekends, we are putting on one Snatch (11am-12pm) and one Clean & Jerk (12:30pm-1:30pm) Workshop this Saturday (11th). This class is for ALL abilities, even if you've just joined @adaptcrossfit you can participate. Workshops are live now in mindbody so sign up! Coach Craig

Due to the last set of workshops falling on the long weekends, we are putting on one Snatch (11am-12pm) and one Clean & Jerk (12:30pm-1:30pm) Workshop this Saturday (11th). This class is for ALL abilities, even if you’ve just joined @adaptcrossfit you can participate. Workshops are live now in mindbody so sign up! Coach Craig

A: 10 mins to establish max push-jerk

B: 3xME UB push-jerks @ 50-60%

C: ‘FraniBethAnne’

• 21 thrusters @ 40/30
  • 21 pull-ups
  • 15 power cleans @60/40
  • 15 ring dips
  • 9 deadlifts @ 100/70
  • 9 HSPU

Post loads, times and training notes to comments.

Coach B

A. New 1RM up 1kg to 53kgs, felt there was more there but ran out of time
    B. Sets at 26kgs, 14, 14, 16.
    C. Scaled due to MTB crash resulting in bruised knee. 20 mins on airdyne, 104 calories.

A) New 1RM of 70kg (Might have been able to go a little higher but ran out of time)
    B) 20, 15, 16 Reps at 35kg.
    C) Finished Deadlifts – Scaled to ring rows and push ups. – Weights as perscribed.

• Matt B says:

A) Equalled my 1RM of Push Press @ 100kg

B) 12, 10, 9 @ 50kg

C) loved this WOD and finished in 6:49…the hardest part was changing the plates!

A) We got up to 40kg, could have got more for a 1RM but it was good to work on technique.
    B) Sets of 25kg 17,16, I missed out on the last set
    C) Loved this. I scaled everything and finished in 7.35. Thursters @ 20kg, power cleans @ 30 kg, deads @ 50kg, ring rows and push ups from my knees for the dips and HSPUs. Was good to be scaling down to weights that I could go that little bit faster with to finish before the buzzer.

A) finally after all my open gym training I hit a PB for overhead lifting!
    My pb for push and split jerk has been 87kg for a long long time. Today I finally got 90kg then hit 92.5kg, which was cleaner and easier than 90 – felt like I had much more in the tank too!

B) felt good so did 3 x 10 @ 50kg

C) today was meant to be a rest day but I really wanted to do this wod so I came in for it. Then at the 6:12 mark I remembered I hate HSPUs and that they’re not functional and should disappear forever. Finished in 9:23 after spending over 3 mins to do those HSPUs – #fatiguehappens I should have kept to today being a rest day

• Bec B says:

A. new 1rm 55kg, most I’ve ever had overhead so very happy with that!
    B. not so much a fan of the higher reps, shoulder never likes it… something like 11, 11, 9.
    C. scaled to box dip things, can we do those more, fun! then got a bit ugly on deads, timed out after 3 HSPU. Was going to finish it off after the buzzer but the next rep failed horribly and called it.

A: Finally getting somewhere with these movements. 65kg – an 8kg PB! Went for 67.5 and think I had it, just didn’t
    B: First set at 35 and got 16, so upped it to 37.5 for the other two sets and got 9 both times.
    C: I enjoyed this! Pull-ups were hardest for me. Finished at 11:55, pullups on the band and scaled ring dips to the box dips.

• A) 95kg. Didn’t get low enough for 100kg, but I should have gotten it.
    B) 50kg – 11, 8 and 7. Felt a lot better this week with flat shoes.
    C) 10:23 Rxd.

• David N says:

A: 60kg. Got 65kg overhead but pressed it out. 1RM is 61kg.
    B: 2×20 @30kg