Handstands, Deadlifts and Clean & Jerks with Burpees

Wednesday 08.10.14

Handstand play with Josh

Handstand play with Josh

Skill:

• Handstand play

Strength:

• Deadlift – heavy single

Conditioning:

Every 2:00 for 12:00 (beginning at 0:00):

• 8 Clean & Jerks (anyhow) 60/40kg
  • 8 Bar Facing Burpees

Post reps and loads to comments.

A. Still no handstands, but I’m starting to wall walk a few steps in
    B 105kgs, seemed way heavier than it should have been, but found out I’m not supposed to be using hook grip, no wonder my thumbs get so sore!
    C. First round at 40kgs, then dropped down to 35kgs, managed up to three burpees each round, no rest, this was hard! Coops scaled my final round to 6 and 6 and I just finished

A) Worked on getting my first kipping HSPU. Still not quite there. But one days…
    B) Stopped at 110kg. I didn’t want to push this.
    C) Worked at 40kg with Phil.
    On average finished each round in 1:15 – This still felt really hard.

A: mucked around with freestanding holds and HSPUs.
    B: 110kg
    C: maintained 1:15-1:30 each round, finished in 11:15 rx.

• Leanne says:

Worked by myself today, that’s cool although could have used a big vocal ‘push’ in C ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

A) Happy that my confidence in handstand is there now, can hold for quite awhile and even found the sweet spot of balancing off the wall ( just for a few seconds )

B) feels like I havnt done deads for awhile but still managed to get a 5kg PB and a high5 from Coach Sean

C) first round = great
    last round = fine
    But pretty well gassed in between only managing to finish the C&J and a Burpee here and there ๐Ÿ˜

A: Freestanding practice
    B: 115kg – didnt push it too much
    C: Went Rx. Finished the first 3 rounds with rest, and then 3 burpees, 3 again and 4 on the last. Absolutely F*CKED by the end of that.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Trained freestanding holds.

Worked up to 205kg didn’t feel super super super nice. Only a few KGs below my 1RM.

That METCON was just straight work, it got super tough. Perfectly programmed!!!

• Liv says:

A: Lots of good freestanding handstand holds – I was like a vertical plank according to Rod ๐Ÿ˜›
    B: PB @ 122kg (+2kg) – good form, happy with that as I had more to give but ran out of time.
    C: No overhead movements for me so subbed Clean & Jerks for Full Cleans – they burned!! Finished all rounds.. Splits were something like 1:13, 1:15, 1:40, 1:50, 1:58, 2:08ish (just the last 2 burpees after the buzzer)
    I really didn’t want to do the last round. That was one of the most horrendous WODs I’ve done in a while – I had to peel myself off the ground afterwards!
    Did 21-15-9 OHS @ 35kg and T2B at open gym earlier today – the squat cleans certainly challenged my legs especially after squats yesterday.

A: motivated by the pic, so had a go at one arm holds. They were fun!
    B: 105. Felt good but tough (never been a fan of this movement).
    C: worked alone ๐Ÿ™ actually impressed as I had 30-40 seconds rest for first three rounds. Round 4 & 5 missed a couple of burpees then finished the final round. Gassed, but honestly, this was a cracker of a workout!!

• KJ says:

A: had a go at some deficit HSPU – both kipping and strict.
    Had just done 21/15/9 WOD before 5pm session (strict HSPU, ring dips and burpee jump to touch bar) so nothing too impressive to report on! But it was fun.
    B: 122kg new PB by 1kg! Like Liv, would have liked to have tried more.
    C: this got hard fast! Worked with Karl – and although he was amazing, he still did not make it look easy! First 3 round of c&j were good. Went to 3s and 2s for the others. Most were 1.10-1.30 mins a round. Feeling a little tired tonight!

• A) Working on free standing handstands.
    B) 145kg
    C) 50kg. Got the first 3 rounds done, but only got cleans done in the rest (with 1 burpee each for round 4 and 5).