Front Squat/Back Squat and a partner AMRAP

Tuesday 07.10.14

Game on as of today, come in for a coffee at Belco's newest espressso bar

Game on as of today, come in for a coffee at Belco’s newest espressso bar

Strength

• A. 3x2Front Squats + 8 Back Squats – @ 75% of 1RM Front Squat
  • B1. 3xME Kipping HSPU
  • B2. 3x ME Kipping Pullups

Conditioning

• 12 min Partner AMRAP
  • 5 Hang Power Snatches 50/35
  • 10 Box Jumps 24/20
  • 15 Double Unders
  • Alternating each round

Post loads, reps and rounds to comments

A. Increased to 52kgs
    B. ring rows and push ups, around 8 each set
    C. Good to have Char back, we just finished 5 rounds (3 for me), I was scaled to 16 inch box. Managed to get 5 double unders together with singles in between

• David N says:

Congrats on expanding to the non cult members, everyone needs caffeine. I’m on my way!

A: 3 sets @60kg. Gotta stop using my hip flexors so much.

B1: 3×3 defecit HSPUs on the parallel bar things.
    B2: 3×10 butterfly pullups.

C: Great working with Chloe this morning. We finished 7 rounds on the buzzer. My first set of snatches was disgusting – it pays to warm up!

Worked with Brendo today and a bit with Shane!
    A) 85kg. These felt solid. I am so looking forward to seeing what this all does to my 1RM Front and Back Squat.
    B1) 12/10/8 Push ups
    B2) 5/4/4 Pull Ups – Blue Band – Should have done ring rows.
    C) Worked with Brendo with 40kg for snatches – Finished 5 Rounds and 1 Power Snatch. – Double unders done by me slowed Brendo and myself down.
    I hope the cafe opening goes well!

Open gym’d today.
    A. 40kgs
    B1. 5, 5, 5
    B2. 10, 8, 7
    C. Worked on some goats: T2B (I think I did 4-5 lots of 5 unbroken) and Pistols (small box + 10kg plate) then snatch technique on unloaded bar.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

First session back in a little while.

Hit 2 power cleans @90kg every 30seconds for 10minutes

Then trained with the 5pm crew

Squats @110kg

Deane and I went through the partner AMRAP and probably managed 10 or 12 rounds.. Really not sure though.

• Liv says:

A: Did my first set at 60kg and realised that was the same weight as last week so finished up with 3 sets at 62kg
    B1: scaled to ring rows – 20,15,15
    B2: did strict pullups – 4,5,3
    C: Partnered with Marc – finished 7 rounds on the buzzer. All snatches were unbroken, the last set felt the best as I had warmed up by then! Didn’t warm up to it beforehand :O

A: Worked at 75kg. Did 4 sets because of extra time
    B1: Used a 10kg plate and a blue mat – 5,4,6
    B2: Orange band 4,3,3
    C: Worked with Mel – I did Rx weight and I think we we 15 DU short of 10 rounds? I had a bit of a stack on the last round of box jumps, but made up the time with my first ever rebound jump!

• A) 80
    B1) 12, 8 and 7. First time trying kipping and felt pretty good.
    B2) Working on butterfly movement with some strict for volume. My lack of coordination will mean this will take a while.
    C) 13 rounds and 2 box jumps. Working with Rosie.