“Karebelle”

Thursday 2.10.14

A: 5RM push-press

B: 3x ME UB push-press @ 70% of A

C: Partner “Karebelle”

3 rounds for time (12 min cap)

• 50 wall balls
  • 10 snatches @ 60/40kg

— only 1 person working at a time // break up the work anyway

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

Coach B

A. was initially disappointed that I didn’t get my 50kgs again, I only managed a 3RM at this, then I realised that last week we only did a 3RM not a 5RM. So happy to get 45kgs as 5RM.
    B. Did these at 30kgs, same as last week, last week averaged 13, this week got 16 each set.
    C. Worked with Bron who had a sore back and couldn’t so snatches, so she did more wall balls. I did snatches at 35kgs. We got to 6 wall balls in the 3rd round.

A. Used the G2 bar, so I managed 72kg, then failed 82kg on the 2nd lift. Trying to convince myself that if I start heavier next time, I should get at least 75 before I fatigue.
    B. 21@52, so jumped up to 62. 11 then 7. Strangely, for me it’s my legs that let me down.
    C. Worked with Tristan, who is new at this but pretty determined. He did 50kg high hang (not sure why actually, but that’s what Ben wanted) while I did (sloppy) 60kg power snatches. Finished in 13:47. I’m calling it a win because it’s the first WOD I’ve done at 60kg. I’ve had that as a target for a while so it’s pretty satisfying.

• A. Worked up to 5@ 82kg. Probably had a bit more there.
    B. 20@60,12@70,7@70
    C. Odd numbers so did ‘Isabelle’ solo. 30x60kg snatch – 5:14. A bit disappointed but wasn’t feeling well and was fatigued from the presses. I know I will better it next time

• Elaine says:

Did an awesome 1/2 hr PT with coach Craig before hand. Trying to work on stringing T2B together and butterfly pull ups.
    A: 37.5kgs, thanks to Sara for the encouragement as I stuggled with this movement.
    B: did max effort at 25 kg (12,14,16) it got easier as I got more comfortable with the movement.
    C: Man this was such a death by wall ball workout for me. Thank goodness I was partnered with the very patient Tessa. DNF Got to end of last round of wall balls.

• Kylie J says:

Shoulders tired after last night!!
    A. 50kg, 4rm at 55kg….doh
    B. 35kg, 16, 12, 12
    C. worked with Anthony, finished but dunno time. I did 40kg, what did you do A?? thanks for carrying me in the last set of snatches anyway…

• Marc D. says:

Did the strength component in open gym. Had limited time today.

70Kg 5RM. Worked at 50kg and did 12, 12, 10.

A: 50kg – same as the 3RM set last week… they are getting more comfortable.
    B: First set at 35kg, got 16 so upped it to 37.5 and got 11.
    C: Worked with Elaine – I did 40kg snatches and we finished off the wall balls in the last round.

• A) 70kg
    B) 11, 8 and 7. Did this in my lifting shoes, which was a mistake. Kept falling forward at the top.
    C) Teamed up with Michael. Think we finished in 9:11.