Handstands, Snatch complex & a Touch of Cindy

Wednesday 01.10.14

Soon we'll be open to the public - come get your daily caffeine requirements at #orangeandblackespresso

Soon we’ll be open to the public – come get your daily caffeine requirements at #orangeandblackespresso

Skill:

Handstand play

• Hold top of wall walk
  • Against the wall
  • Free stranding (can use a partner here)
  • Handstand walk
  • HSPU volume

Strength:

Snatch complex:

• Hang snatch
  • TnG snatch
  • Drop snatch

Conditioning:

• 5min AMRAP Cindy (5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats)
  • 800m run
  • 5min AMRAP Cindy
  • 800m run

Post loads, reps and times to comments.

A) freestanding fun then 1 arm holds… can do 5 secs right arm and left is coming along.
    B) Ew Drop Snatch… working on technique at 30 then 35… took a while to stop muscle snatching
    C) the name came up of this as “Cindy with the runs” – it’s as it sounds, loud, dirty and messy.
    Finished run 1- 8:14 and run 2 – 16:23 (faster than 1 by 5 secs).

• Elaine says:

A: Worked on getting up into the sweet spot in my hold.
    B: 25kg, although it was hard not to dip the drop snatch and even in my last attempt Sharon let me know there was still a slight dip.
    C: 19:31, AMRAP one 3 rounds plus 5 push-ups, AMRAP two 1 round plus 10 squats.

I was feeling absolutely wrecked today, and work is a chore today just trying to keep my eyes open.
    A) Practiced Hand Stand Pulses – getting a little better.
    B) Worked up to 40kg. So hard to break the “dip” habbit.
    C) Run 1 finished 9:26 – Completed workout 19:06. Only completed 8 rounds of Cindy in total 4 each round. – Ring Rows instead of pull ups.

• A. Did some strict hand stand push ups and a few free standing hand stands.
    B. Completed a 70kg drop snatch on the buzzer.
    C. I think was 5 pull ups in the 11th round at 17:42… Need to check that with Ivan’s count… Was about a round behind him

A. Did some strict hspu, shoulder touches and bit of handstand walks

B. 65kg tried to rush 70 on the buzzer so I didnt get it but felt pretty good today

C. I think my runs came in at 9:02 and 18: something did some stupid back squats right before the class and payed a big price could not run haha but got 10 rounds of cindy which I was very happy with.

• Liv says:

A: Practised freestanding handstands – some long holds once I find the sweet spot
    B: Worked with Annie – up to 40kg without the snatch balance. Had my shoulder worked on today so trying to keep it easy
    C: Strict pullups and 16kg kettlebell swings instead of pushups
    Finished Run 1 @ 8:45, Run 2 @ 17:48 – second run was 2 secs quicker – 6 rounds & 3 pullups

• RACH says:

A: love handstand stuff
    B: 35kg
    C: 7 Rds + 10 pushups (subbed 1km row for each 800m run) – killer! Finished with about 10secs to spare.

A: Freestanding practice – definitely improving
    B: Worked up to 45kg, ran out of time for more
    C: Ew running. Finished at 19:13 I think. With 7 rounds neat – scaled to ring rows.

• Kylie J says:

A. I’m a freestanding handstand chicken, ok when i have the wall to save me but gotta work on my courage
    B. worked up to 45kg, took a coupla goes at 25kg to remember ‘oh that’s a snatch!’
    C. subbed run for 1000m row (achilles but i’m winning), 6 rounds flat, have pull-ups now yay, now need volume for pull-ups and pushups….always something to work on.

• A) Thanks to Sean for the tips on free standing handstands. I’m still not doing it right, but at least I know why now.
    B) Got to 60. Failed on 70, but they were pretty poor misses. Need to get my shoulders engaged.
    C) Wrote 7 + 4 push ups, but I think it was 8. 1st run completed at 9:27 and 2nd at 18:46. Surprised that my 2nd was quicker.