Front Squat/Back Squat and some accessory work

Tuesday 30.09.14

Hero WOD #Kelly today...some sweet boxjumps Josh! #adaptCF #boxjumps #crossfit

Josh nailing some Box jumps a couple of weeks ago

Strength

• A. 3×3 Front Squat+ 7 Back Squat
  •      @ 70% of Front Squat
  • B1. 3×8 Strict C2B Pullups
  • B2. 3×5 Back Extensions

Conditioning

• In Pairs alternating rounds
  • 4 Rounds
  • 400m run
  • 20 Ring Dips
  • 15 T2B

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

A) Worked at 80kg with Steve-O. Nice and strong on these.
    B1) 5 Pull ups with Blue Band – Arms slightly wider and trying to engage my lats and shoulder more than my arms.
    B2) No worries with 5 of these. Really enjoyed this.
    C) Worked with Dave P.
    We finished 3 round and Pushups (scaled)
    I did pushups and knees to chest.

Great to be back in the gym after a week off.

• Elaine says:

A:35kg, it was a little easy but I have not tested my 1RM front squat for a while.
    B1: 3X6 with orange band so that I could get them out quick enough
    B2: 3×5 felt pretty easy
    C: Worked with Sharon and finish with Sharon doing the last run. Jeez my legs really felt really heavy and slow on both runs. To ensure I didn’t get stuck on ring dips did 6 ring dips and 14 push ups. Managed to do both sets of T2B at a good pace.

• A. 3x 3+7 @ 100kg
    B. 8c2b/5hypers,6/5
    C. Worked with Tim, finished about 2 mins or so after time.

A) With Ray @ 80kg
    B) maintained 6 C2B, first 6 pronated and next 2 sets supinated – Back extensions are always good accessory work.
    C) Got to work with Jamie tomorrow, always impressive to watch his body weight work. I got my 2 rounds done in 3:49 and 5:37 – T2B after ring dips were not pleasant!

I have been made aware that I typed “tomorrow” when I worked with Jamie. It was in fact today… apparently it takes a lot longer to wake my brain up when I get up for those 5:30am classes.

Missed my normal 6:30 session as I had to take interstate friends to the bus station at short notice. So I finally got to attend the fabled 10:00am session (school hols with the kids).
    A. Worked with Ryan and Will. 82kg. I wouldn’t say easy, but I felt stable and consistent.
    B1. 5 then 3 on the first set, then 4, 3,1 on second and 4, 2, 2 on the 3rd. And if I’m honest, the last couple were barely C2B on the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
    B2. Apart from losing my dignity on the dismounts (don’t say a word Annie), no real problem.
    C. Worked with Josh B. We didn’t finish but I can’t actually remember where we got to. First round was 3:09. No idea on the 2nd. Ring dips were surprisingly hard, so there were lots of singles in there. First 100m of each run was good. Which sounds poor, but I’ve had lots of feet and knee issues for a while which I’ve pressed through. Today was probably the first time in a couple of months when nothing hurt.

• RACH says:

A: 47.5kg – happy with that
    B1: orange band to get strict C2B
    B2: 3 x 10
    C: Worked with Cheryl – fun! Got thru 2 rds each.
    Scaled dips to 5 ring dips + 15 push ups.

• Bec B says:

A. 40kgs just over 70%. Thought this was going to be awful but better than expected, squats are starting to improve yay!
    B1. Orange band and then changed to red to get that last bit.
    B2. Love these, need to work on posterior chain so great exercise.
    C. Lucky enough to go first on this… scaled to push ups. T2B not great tonight as my hand was a bit annoying from a tear from Saturday. Jac still had to do the last run as I finished my second round with like 30sec to go, ooops!

• Liv says:

A: Worked at 60kg (rounded up again this week from 56kg – have to find a squat training partner thats not a Lawler 😛 just kidding Tahn x) They were tough but happy I went heavier, glad there was only 3 sets 😉
    B1: Used an orange band for strict c2b
    B2: We did 10 back extensions – I could do them all day!
    C: Finished off the last 5 T2B after the buzzer. I scaled the 10 ring dips and did 20 unbroken ring rows for both my rounds. Not doing any pushing movements at the moment. T2B felt pretty good tonight.
    Well done to Tahni for doing 15 ring dips each round 🙂

A: Worked at 67.5kg wasn’t too bad once I warmed up
    B: Banded C2B and we only got through one round of back extensions as we ran out of time.
    C: Worked with Megan, with my slow single T2B, we got to 15 pushups in the 3rd round.

• A) 80kg
    B) Had trouble getting that last inch to my chest. Need to keep my legs tighter to help.
    C) Cut off during the last run. The dips really slowed us down.