Front Squat/Back Squat sets

Tuesday 16.09.14

Morgan decided to have a crack at #fran this morning...

Morgan loving life

Strength

• A. 3 x 4 Front Squats + 6 Back Squats @ 60% of Front Squat 1RM
  • B1. 4×5 Strict Press rest 60 sec
  • B2. 4×5 Strict Pullups

Conditioning

• 5 rounds
  • 400m run (15 Burpees if raining)
  • 35 Squats

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

sean

A. 40kgs
    B1 and 2. 25kgs strict press and ring rows
    C. Just made it through 4 rounds

A) 60kg (Slightly above 50%) – sets were good, I felt for the most part that my torso was straight and I have my weight centered on my feet/heels.
    B) First 2 sets at 40, Last 2 sets at 45kg.
    C) Ring Rows.
    D) 17:26 – Super pleased with this. On Christmas day I did the WOD from Crossfit.com 4 x 400m Run and 50 Squats. I completed that in 18:14.
    This was my first complete session working back at normal levels without scaling for my knee. I concentrated on trying to keep my form as good as possible especially during the running so that my legs moved as much as possible in straight lines.

A) Worked with Ivan at 70kg. My squat is coming back πŸ™‚

Bananas in Pyjamas) 2 sets of presses @ 40, 2 @ 45kg and all pull-ups pronated grip (I wasn’t thinking what Ivan was thinking and laughed off the 50kg he easily pressed overhead).

C) I should have looked at that time. Oops. It was at least a minute under Coops but I was just glad that it was over and I wanted no memory of it.
    I had Sean yelling “Quick! Ivan’s catching up” when I got in from the last 400m, so that last set got done pretty quickly.
    This was much easier than when we did 50 squats each round & the weather was great to squat outside!

Time was 13:04 Steve. Or, from my point of view, you were 13s too fast.

I didn’t realise you had a 140kg front squat? That is awesome!

I don’t know about Steve, but I sure don’t. I was going on 60% of 110, plus a litle bit to make it less fiddly. Of course, Steve is awesome.

It was working sets at 60% not 50% Ray ;P (Plus I went under 60% of 120 which should have been 72kg – I sacrificed 2kg to work on technique).

Thanks for the time Ivan! Next time we’ll really wear the weight vests! Haha.

A. 70kg.
    Bs.40, 40, 45, 50kg. Pretty surprised this was manageable, esp as I went to the work gym yesterday and focused on shoulder strength.
    C. 13:17. Bloody Steve. Should have run just that little bit harder.

• A. Did 80,90,100kg
    B. 60kg press
    C. 13:55

Didn’t really push myself today on the weights.
    A. 60kg
    B. 40kg
    C. 14:28 for me I think – really happy with this – didn’t think I’d make it through in the time cap – set myself the goal of sticking as close to Ivan as I possibly could (I’ve noticed he keeps a good pace for these sorts of WODs πŸ˜‰ )

• Mark says:

A good workout this morning – although I didn’t really feel like playing, it was just what I needed to manage current stress levels.
    A: First three @ 50kg, then I bumped the last one to 60.
    B: 40kg.
    C: 16:15 or something like that.

• Bec B says:

A. 32.5kg Front squats felt like the easy part of this…
    B. 25kg and orange band. Dropped to the yellow for the last one, should have done it around the other way. Underestimated myself a bit there.
    C. 15:57 didn’t like that much at the time, wish I was better at running! Felt great afterwards though.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Sets @ 100, 110, 116.5

60kg press work pull ups of 5,5,6,7

11:02

• coops says:

A. 70kg
    B. 35kg – prob should’ve gone heavier but can assure you tekkers were good :p
    C. Just behind jace

• Marc D. says:

A) 55Kg – FS 1RM = 92Kg
    B) 52.5Kg

Writing those down makes me think my squat needs work!

C) 15:43

A: Worked at 60kg, slightly above 60% but I rounded up so plates were less fiddly.
    B: 30kg for the press and banded pull-ups.
    C: Whose idea was it to program running 2 days in a row?? Finished just in time at 17:53.

A: Worked at 50kg – a bit above my 60%.. just round it up from 45kg! Sure thing Tahn, thanks πŸ˜›
    Lets see how that unfolds over the next few weeks πŸ˜‰
    B1: Started at 30kg and my felt pain in left shoulder after 2 reps so tried a 20kg then 15kg bar – no joy! I’ve been ignoring a little niggle over the last couple of weeks so time to get it looked at. Only affects it for shoulder to overhead strict push movements.
    B2: Strict pullups in sets of 3 unbroken and doubles or singles
    C: 14:00 mins – horrible! Mental battle in the 3rd round, my last set of squats were quick I was almost jumping off the ground! Haha

• RACH says:

A. Rehabing a back – just used empty bar
    B1. 30kg
    B2. 5, 5, 4/1, 3/2, 3/2
    C. 13.10 – subbed airdyne (1.30mins) & 15 pushups. Tough.

A. Worked at 70kg

B1. 45, 45, 47.5 and 50. Pretty happy as only set 5rm at 50 last week and did it easily tonight.
    B2. Should have done more then 5 a set

C. 13:18

Really enjoyed tonights session was good getting a lot of work in means a bit less time spent in open gym and a good combination of movements

• Tom R says:

a) 50kg
    b) worked up to 35kg
    c) 13:52

A: 50kg – estimated my 1RM to be 80kg and rounded up from 48kg.
    B1: 30kg
    B2: Dialled back to a yellow band to focus on engaging my lats – my lats suck!
    C: Was in absolutely no hurry, 15:15