Max Snatch then Randy

Saturday 13.9.14

cat-meme-crossfit-humor

A. Snatch Max

• Work up to a max, this could be a new 1RM or just a heavy snatch with good form

B. Randy

• 75 Power Snatches for time
  • 35/25kg is RX
  • Technique must be at the forefront today, especially as you fatigue
  • Break up the reps, don’t be a hero

Post the max weight lifted, your time for the WOD (or reps completed) and any notes to comments

A. Got some great tips from Coach Craig which saw me get under 40kgs, but dropped to a knee, so no rep. Keen to try it again soon.
    B. This was my first hero wod completed RX. Finished in 7.24, did 4 sets of 10 and then sets of 5.

A. 65kg. PB by 4kg. Got very close on 67.5kg. Particularly enjoyed working with Jim who must have just had something click with technique – improved on his PB 4 times this morning!
    B. 6:31. Quite satisfied with that.

• Matt B says:

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! so close today! I worked up to 77.5kg and went for a PB at 82.5. I got under it twice but my kegs wouldn’t stand it up 🙁

Randy = 60 solid reps and then massive Hulk arms. Finished in 6:11

• Mark says:

A: Feeling super flat this morning. In spite of that, hit 50kg snatch (which I thought was a PR, but when I checked records I’ve already done 52).
    B: 57 in 8:00

• Mark says:

Just checked out my rolling randy from this time last year – 52 lifts in 10 mins (plus all the rolling). So this is probably an improvement.

A) Stayed with 40kg. Focused on form. Was given a couple of tips from Craig. – knee felt good and strong.

B) Finished WOD RX in 7:14. Very happy with this.

A: got 50kg! PB by 2.5kg and considering 2 weeks ago I failed 48kg a number of times I was pretty stoked. My goal was to get 50kg by the end of the year! Goal accomplished!

B: 7:37 rx. Rested a bit too much but happy to finish within the cap!

Just searched the site out of interest. ..12 months ago we did a “rolling randy” (3 forward rolls of the bar os down). I scaled to 20kg and only finished 60 reps! Time limit was 10 minutes too. Pretty happy with that improvement!

A: 52.5kg
    B: First time doing Randy – finished RX at 6:11

• john parr says:

A: worked to 65kg, tried 70kg a few time, but that was not going to happen

B: went RX and knocked it over in 5:52 which is a PR

Hit up open gym for a 1RM clean & jerk before the 8:30 session. New clean PB @ 71kg (+1kg), failed the jerk but thats ok cos I PB’d on that last week @ 70kg.
    No new 1RM for Snatch – got 50kg, failed 51&52.. Current 1RM is 53.
    Happy to see that I can still hit close to my maxes – felt like I was losing form in the last couple of months.
    First time to do Randy, did a rolling Randy previously.
    Finished it in 5:46 Rx – didn’t really have a strategy except to try hold on for sets of muscle snatch for as long as possible.