20 rep Back Squat & Heavy Triple Deadlift

Friday 12.09.14

Strength

• 20 rep Back Squat – add 2.5/5kg on previous weeks
  • 8 mins to build to a Heavy Triple Deadlift

Conditioning

• For Max reps – KB must not touch the ground for the first 4 mins
  • 2 min KB Swings 24/16
  • 2 min Goblet Swings 24/16
  • 2 min Burpees

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

20RM – Really nothing to report. Tried 105kg and bailed mentally very early on. Thought I’d have another go, but really wasn’t disappointed that we ran out of time. Might be the first time I’ve done that so thoroughly.
    B. 140kg. This was better. A Significant PB, but felt a bit flat because I started from a fresher base than just about everyone.
    C. 176, 41, 34. Never going to be a fan of goblet squats.

Strength:
    Added 5kg to last week and managed to get through the 20 reps @ 75kg – was fighting with my mental strength but I overcame it and didn’t settle for the 15RM I was sure I would finish at when I started
    Conditioning:
    I do like the kettlebell – even if it does involve more squats! πŸ˜›
    72 swings, 48 goblet squats & 30 burpees
    I went in the second heat and left nothing in the tank… was lying on the ground trying to catch my breath and 30 secs later Sean springs a surprise cash out on us – 2:03 (was just holding on for the 2 min mark)
    Oh, plus another 25 burpees for not introducing myself to Sarah πŸ™
    Welcome Sarah and well done on the cash out this morning πŸ˜‰

• A. Tried 122.5kg and failed after 15. Apparently 120kg is saturation point!
    B. 160kg (I think – can’t remember)
    C. 75,26,25… Good chance I made those numbers up! Around there anyway. Impressive planks by Tim and Sarah too πŸ™‚

• Tom R says:

A) 70kgs. 75% of my new 1rm. Thank god that’s over!
    B) 115kg. 10kg off my 1rm
    C) 60, 33, 24
    D) 1:28

Didnt get to do a class today but snuck in at 9 to do some open gym before I went away and did a wod in rounds of 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 of pullups pushups and burpees. I did this in my 1st week at adapt which was a year ago and it took me 11:01 12 months later its 4:11

• Carrie says:

A: 47.5kg. Was only game to increase by 2.5 on last week but just realised this was my 3RM 8 weeks ago!
    B: 65kg.
    C: Think this was something like 65, 22, 21. First time doing goblet squats and couldn’t figure out a good way to hold that thing!
    D: 5:15.

• Amelia says:

A. 65kg (this took a lot of time)
    B. 65, 75, 85
    C. 72, 24, 30, give or take a few reps

• KJ says:

First time training on a Friday night. First time doing a 20 rm. Came in planning on taking it super easy after an all-day sports carnival. Never actually happens that way.
    A: 70kg. (Thanks to Ewan telling me to go heavier!)
    B: triple at 95kg. (A bit light – but safe) Ewan and Tahni went on to do some stupidly heavy weight!? 140?
    C: 75 Kb swings 50 GS and 50 sit ups.
    D: plank hold 3.28 mins
    Walked out feeling smashed, but slightly better than when I walked in.

A: have only done the 20rm once last week at 47.5kg, so I cranked it to 55kg today. Felt good!

B: worked up to a triple at 95kg. Failed the 3rd rep on my first attempt due to some wonky plates but nailed it the second time.

C: pretty happy with this one…75 KB (love KB swings) 28 squats and 23 burpees.

A: 85kg.