Power Snatches, HSPU and Double Unders

Thursday 11.09.14

Ivan - post #Fran

Always good to see a Lawler in pain.

Strength

• Power Snatch max
  • 3 x ME TnG power snatches @50% of above

Conditioning

• 6 min to climb the ladder
  • 1 HSPU/10 Double Unders
  • 2 HSPU/20 Double Unders
  • 3 HSPU/30 Double Unders
  • 4 HSPU…..

Post loads, rounds and training notes to comments

sean

A. Got a messy 40kgs
    B. worked on 20, seemed really light! dd 15, 11, 12 more puffed than anything
    C. Scaled to pushups, got to 14 DU in round of 30

Had a few days off the flu and travel so just did some mobility work in open gym this morning.

• Sam B says:

A: Worked on weighted pull-ups instead of snatches, got up to 12kg pronated, and 16kg (messy) with supinated grip.

B: 3 ME rounds of pronated pull-ups, managed 5,4,3… Need much more work.

C: Managed 5 rounds and 3 HSPUs.

A) Worked up to 55kg – New PR
    B) 18/16 at 30kg. Didn’t get to do my 3rd round as we ran out of time.
    C) Hand Stand Holds – 24 DU’s into the round or 3/30.
    Also managed to string 7 DU’s together!!! new PR there as well.

I resemble that remark Sean. I tend to agree if it’s a Lawler under 40.

I scaled today to riding a mountain bike with friends on the way to work. I would, of course, have set a new PB snatch and climbed way, way up the ladder if I’d been there.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Hit 85kg for the power snatch max

Worked @ 60kg for ME work, went 10-10-7-5

Finished 15 double unders into the set of 60

• A. Did 85kg looked and felt ugly. Not in my best form atm.
    B. Worked at 40 and 45kg.. 13x @ 40kg, 18x 45kg, 13x @ 45kg.. More cardio :/
    C. 10 DUs in the round of 50. Can’t skip!

A. 27.5kg. Really expected to get more for this. Need to drop under the bar more and be faster with my arms as I was pressing out…
    B. 8, 10, 8 @ 20kg. I was surprised at how easy this was considering that I struggled with the first part.
    C. 19 DUs into the third round. Scaled to push ups. DUs are coming along, managing to string them together with more consistency.

• KJ says:

A: 52.5kg solid. 55 failed. Just got heavy!
    B: 16, 16, 20 @25kg
    C: 20 DU in round of 8/80

• john parr says:

A: worked to 72.5kg, attempted 75kg, but no dice

B: worked with 35kg and went 15, 10, 9

C:7 HSPU 32 DUs

• Leanne says:

A) got 32kg which is a 2kg PB… Failed 35kg at my chest 3 times and did a couple of ‘lay down, jump ups’ thanks to coach Craig

B) 15, 10, 8 ( and the fatter bar was ripping my hands so just stopped)

C) struggled with this one… Almost 2 years on and I still can’t get double unders but I will never stop trying 😁😁

• Amelia says: