3 Position C&J, then Partner AMRAP

Wednesday 10.09.14

LU Xiaojun 204kg Clean and Jerk

Strength:

• 3 Position Clean (floor, knee, hi-hang) + 1 Push Jerk

Conditioning:

10min Partner AMRAP

• 10 x Situps
  • 10 x KB Swings (24/16kg)
  • 10 x Box Jumps(24/20″)

– then –

5min AMRAP

• P1. Max effort cleans (60/40kg)
  • P2. Handstand holds (or plank)

Post load, reps to comments.

Coaches Notes:

• For max effort cleans, power cleans are acceptable but MAKE SURE YOU SQUAT UNDERNEATH THE BAR!

A: 50 kg. this was tough but good. Happy with weight.
    B: worked with Zoe and completed 8 rounds then 53 cleans RX. Super tough 2nd portion of the workout, but we just paced and got through!

A. Got 70kg, failed 80kg a couple of times. Yeah, I know, I should have gone to 75kg, but somehow didn’t feel inclined. I have gotten 82kg in the past, and reckon it’s there, but felt sluggish today. Very tired/tight along the left hamstring etc.
    B. Worked with Mike and did pretty well I reckon. 9 rounds in the first part, with about 40s to go so we decided to rest. 47 (or 48?) cleans in part 2. We were next to Ben and Steve O, and in front for most of it, but we tired in the last minute and they ran us down.
    Good fun.

A) Scaled to Power Cleans. Concentrated on learning to catch with bent knees. Worked to 60kg.
    B. A) Worked with Sam. Completed 9 rounds. Scaled to step ups onto shorter boxes.
    b. B) I Scaled to 50kg and Sam scaled to push press and hollow rocks intead of hand stands.
    I have no idea how many reps we did. I know we worked hard and it was a solid effort. I concentrated again on trying to be smooth and catch with bent knees and in the hand stands to try and “push” into the ground to lock my shoulders out and stay strong.

Thanks to Coach Ben for the support and encouragement during Part B. πŸ˜€

• Came in early today before work.
    A: Worked up to 90 comfortably with the cleans, but the push jerk was a no-go.
    B: Did this by myself (sad) 7 rounds in 9mins. Took the last min as rest then 3min amrep of C+J – 17 reps, didn’t mean to add the jerk, just misread the board. Sub for HS holds?

• Tom R says:

a) 60kg. Still need to practice jerk. So unsure under the bar most times.
    b) 8 rounds + 5 BJ with Paul. Didn’t count Cleans πŸ™

A) hit 70kg – on 2nd attempt. Glad to have gotten it back after not getting it last week at the hi hang!

B) got to do this twice today. After opem gym this morning I saw Coach B had no partner so did a few rounds with him then 51 cleans, 3 each until 42 then I held onto that wall whilst Ben finished it off..then I returned at 5p and did it again with the other Ben!
    This time was full cleans (morning was power… grrrr) – I think we did 5 or 6 rds each then 37 cleans.
    Both were great sessions to be part of πŸ™‚

• john parr says:

A: worked to what I thought was 90kg (g2 bar strikes again) then when I got that (92kg), I tried 95kg and got that.

B: worked with will. We cranked out 8rounds even (I think) and 26 cleans. Those cleans got heavy fast

• David N says:

A: 70kg with a press out
    B:
    R1: We marked it down but I didn’t take notice of the final score, about 10, then
    R2: 44 power cleans with Jamie doing most of them.

A: Worked up to 62.5kg for the complex.
    Really happy with that as I just got all 3 positions at 60kg last week (without the jerk).
    B: Partnered with Kayla – we smashed out 12 rounds and 10 situps. Not much rest haha. First time to do Plyo box jumps in a fast WOD, happy with how they went, so much quicker.
    38 cleans – felt like a sweaty mess! note they were full cleans cos Sean said so! – hard core task master πŸ˜›
    Really enjoyed tonight’s session!

A. Only 70kg hit 80kg cycling all the cleans but sucked the jerk so bad.

B. Worked with td got 10 rounds and 10 situps then 29 cleans

• Carrie says:

A: Shoulder has improved enough to start going back to cleans and overhead stuff. Just worked with an unloaded bar today to see how it went. Pain free and still feeling good now – hopefully will remain so as I slowly increase the weight back over the next few weeks.
    B: Worked with Karen, finished 8 rounds + 9 situps, then 24 cleans (still with unloaded bar for me).

• A. 90kg. Did 95kg but failed the jerk.
    B. Worked with Ivan and did 9 rounds and 47/48 cleans. That was tough!

• Annie says:

A. Worked up to 55kg
    B. Partnered with Sara we got 10 rounds + 10 KB Swings then 31 Cleans.