5RM Back Squat, some running and Pullups

Tuesday 09.09.14

#adaptcf sunrise - It's Spring people and it time to get on top of your fitness

View at this mornings 6:30 am session

Strength

• 5RM Back Squat

Conditioning

• 16 min AMRAP
  • 400m Run
  • 20 Pullups

Post loads, rounds and training notes to comments

I’m calling this a good day.
    A. 110kg. 5kg PB (for once I checked in advance so I was sure of it). In fact, that was my 1RM a year ago.
    B. Finished 5 rounds with about 15s to go. Didn’t think I’d finish the run so just stopped.

A. Up 5kgs to 75kg
    B. urghh… running wods! I had 30 seconds to go when I started my 4th run, which I completed after time! Please tell me that one day these will get easier?

• Gabriel says:

A: 95kg
    B: Tore my hands last night so did strict pull-ups instead, 2 rounds + 10 pull-ups

• Coach B says:

Trained with Dale and the 6:30am crew
    A: worked up to 120 – left knee was playing up so dropped it back to 110 and hit 3×5 at that.
    B: managed to complete the run and 3 pull-ups in my 5th round (83 pull-ups in total) – happy to be training again πŸ™‚

A) Due to not working my knee I did 5RM Strict Press – 50kg.

B) Airdyne (10 Cal) + Ring Rows.
    4 Rounds + 1 Calorie.

Knee is still going well and hasn’t twinged or collapsed for about 10 days now. Only a tiny bit sore. I should be able to start medium level full workouts again next week. Fingers crossed.

• Jamiew says:

A: worked up to 180kg – new max for 5rm but probably had another 5-10kg in the tank.
    B: finished 4th run then thanked Sean for programming in running

Another great 630am sesh! Best way to start the day!
    Strength: 5RM @ 77kg – should have tried for 80kg as this felt really good.
    Conditioning: Completed 4 rounds + 5 push ups. Changed to pushups at rep 10 in round 4 to prevent my blood from going everywhere πŸ˜›

Will be back at it again this afternoon to get me some strong(er) legs!

A) I’m joining the “forgot to squat” group and worked a bit more on technique. Too many thoughts to remember…

B) Finished 4 rds (80 pull-ups) and the extra 400m run (i tried so hard to push that last 20 reps out to time out for the run… Sean busted me, he is way smarter than I give him credit for).

Great morning to wake up for, the sunrise session is looking good for the spring season!

• Sam B says:

Still no legs, so:

A: Worked on 5RM strict HSPU, got down to a 10kg plate.

B: Weighted ring dips – worked up to a 16kg 1RM.

C: Did the WOD – 4 rounds exactly.

Also continued working on my muscle-ups before the class. Getting there, I think…

• Craig W says:

A. Trained with Rosey today which is always great. Hit 140kg for 5RM, havent really done this before so in the books for next time!
    B. Cruised the WOD (around 80%) after doing presses before and pull ups y’day. 4 Rounds +15 Pull Ups
    C. Hit tyre flips and sledgehammer after which is always fun

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Good 10am session this morning, rain looked like it was on the way but it held off and we ran instead of doing burpees very lucky!!

155kg for 5

Finished 6 rounds with about 25-30seconds spare, so went on a 200m run and timed out somewhere along the way.

• A; 3×5 @ 90, working on building my squat technique back up. I told Loui that I would lift whatever she lifted. But she lifted 95 so I had to tap out…
    B: 4rds +200m

• Matt B says:

A) worked up to 5 x 115kg which is 15kg below my 1 rm, so I’m happy with that

B) Me and Dean were neck and neck, and looking good for 6 rounds. But the I tore my hand on the 10th pull-up in the 6th round, so I dropped of the bar and did the run…just scrapping in the door as the buzzer went off

A: worked up to 70kg. Got 3 out at 72.5kg. 1rm is 80kg so I am ok with that.

B: not running at the moment, trying to heal my injured foot, so did 0.3 of a mile on the airdyne. Did kipping pull ups which slowed me down. Got 3 reps in a row a few times but was on singles most of the time. Got 5 pull ups in my second round before my hands started to tear (only a tiny tear but a nice blood blister underneath) so moved to strict on red and orange bands so I could get more out unbroken. Finished 2 rounds plus 0.2 mile on the airdyne, got the ex 0.1 after the buzzer.

A: New 5RM @ 85kg, equal 3RM @ 90kg (thought it was a new 3RM)
    B: 3 rounds & 7 or 8 pullups – did butterfly pullups, sets of 3 & 4 – some sets better than others. I ripped my hand as I jumped off the bar on my last pullup πŸ™
    First time to rip on pullups, I will be investing in bitch mittens.. I mean “hand protectors” πŸ˜‰ so that I can continue my training the next day after pullup volume. I was supposed to be working on butterfly technique at open gym tomorrow so we’ll have to see how that goes 😏

• Amelia says:

a. 70kg (5kg PR)
    b. 3 rounds, finished early after the first run due to torn hands. was pretty happy with how my kipping pull ups went today (probably why I failed to stop in time to save hands)

A: Pretty happy with this as coming from injury. Got a 5kg PB with 105kg.
    B: Burpees instead of run, go to the pullups in the 3d round.

A. 130kg. Had 5 minutes left but honestly could not have done 1kg more haha but it is 3 kg above my 3rm so gotta be happy with that.

B. 4 rounds and probably about 300m of the run. Butterflies betrayed me in the 2nd round but got them back after that not very pretty but well enough to keep cycling. After 50 c2b and a 2.5km row last night in the open gym these did not come easy

• Annie says:

A. 65kg, 70k x 2 kind of annoyed at myself, I think I could have finished this set especially with a bit more noise.
    B. 3 rounds + 10 pull ups