20 rep Back Squat, Speed deads and row

Friday 05.09.14

Deadlifting and wall walks with the 6pm crew #adaptCF #deadlifts #crossfit #girlswholift

Deadlifts from last nights 6pm class

Strength

• 20 rep back squat ~60-65% of 1rm, if you have performed this previously add 2.5/5 kg on previous
  • EMOTM for 8 mins – 2 Speed Deadlifts @ 50% of 1rm + bands

Conditioning

• 500m row for time

Post loads and times to comments

Good 6:30am session this morning – thanks Sean. Also enjoyed catching up and working with “the unicorn”.

A. Having not done the 20RMs before and trying to fix my back I opted for sets of 5 @ 52kg, 72kg, 82kg
    B. 82kg + red band (Sean commented that these were the best looking deadlifts I’ve done – so happy with that)
    C. 1:30.7 (just needed to maintain pace on the last 3 pulls and I would have cracked 1:30 i think)

• A. 120kg (up 5 again – probably not coming Fridays anymore!)
    B. 80kg
    C. 1:36 – not happy with that. Legs were blown up from squats!

I’m with you Mike – Horrible this morning, I’m wearing skins to try and avoid DOMS over the weekend! 😛

• Jamiew says:

A: 20 @ 140kg
    B: 110kg with red band
    C: 1:36.7

A. 35kg – up 2.5kg. Very happy considering I tried 35kg two weeks ago and only got 11 out. Always good to do something that you couldn’t do yesterday.
    B. 45kg with orange band.
    C. 1.59. Happy to break the 2 minute mark but went too fast at the start and couldn’t maintain pace for the last 200 m.

A: Worked at 70kg as my last set of 20 was 2 weeks ago at 65kg – this was difficult after 9 reps so had to fight for the rest (very close to racking it a couple of times but the awesome encouragement from the 6:30 peeps kept me going) – This is over 75% of my previous 1RM, 70% of my new one.
    B: More deads! 🙂 Worked at 60kg with an orange band – felt like I was slow on the first but then my levers are a bit long 😛
    C: 1:44.7 – same as previous recorded time (1:44 recorded), quads were on fire! Was shortening my pull a bit to give them a rest from activating! Certainly hadn’t done a “Sean warm up” & 20 rep back squat @70% the last time either – just handstand practice and TGU 😀
    Really enjoyed the session though 😉

• A: 82 – have missed this one 3 times so I didn’t want to destroy myself by chucking on too much.
    B: 82 w/ red band. Tight from last nights heavy deads.
    C: 1:32.5 PB but I’m blown away by Jase’s 1;30, so close to getting under that mark!

Spent a good half hour with Sean working on my squat – I’m having some serious feet stance and hip movement issues and he gave me some really good advice and feedback to work on.

A: 20 @ 60kg (70% of 1RM). This was really tough, felt a bit light headed by the end.
    B: Worked at 60kg with an orange band but called it after five rounds as back was feeling a bit dodgy.
    C: 1:54.5 – my butt and forearms were on fire. I wish my stroke was longer!

A: Kinda failed 60kg…. I wused out… boo
    B: 60Kg with orange band….. hands were killing – but reps felt ok,
    C: 1:48 holey c*#p my butt cheeks hurt after that.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

112kg for 20 reps

100kg plus orange band for deads

1:28.7 row have gone faster and have also felt worse afterwards

Joined the 10am crew today which was fun!

A: Have missed this one so far (I didn’t realise how many Friday’s I have missed…) so I worked at 60% – 47.5kg (true 60% is 48 but Jaqui was working off 47.5 so I just did the same). This was tough!!

B: 57.5kg with Yellow band. Tried with the orange but its the first time I have done banded deads and I wasn’t comfortable with it and wasn’t moving fast enough so I dropped to yellow. Felt good once I got used to it, around Round 3.

C: 1:46.4……ouch!!! I went all out and then slowed right down toward the end in the last 150m…..couldn’t stand up when I finished, I kinda just fell over….was in pain for a good 5-10 minutes….my forearms also blew up so I must be holding on too tight or something.

• DJ says:

A: 90kg – Ben M kept me going.
    B: 90kg with orange band.
    C: 1:31.8.

• Sam B says:

Right knee still out, so:

A: Worked on muscle-up jump-throughs, on progressively higher rings. Then Worked on getting a good swing and movement on the rings.

B: EMOTM 4 ring dips (dropped to 3 after the 5th round, but these have definitely improved in the last few weeks).

C: 300m row, arms only, can’t remember my time, but about 1:19 or so???

• Gabriel says:

A: Did 80 last week so went for 85, only got 9 reps out, not sure why but just had nothing in me today, legs did not want to work was a battle to even get 5 reps out
    B: After the squats just stayed at 60kg
    C: 1:40.7, once again had no power in the legs today

• Carrie says:

A: Third time doing this, increased by another 5 to 45kg. This is getting tough!
    B: 35kg with yellow band.
    C: 1:59.

A: Only done this once before with full depth squats but got a bit ambitious and went for 80kg. Made it, but it was real tough!
    B: 70kg and orange band.
    C: 1:47 – 9 seconds slower than last time – knee still hasnt got 100% flexion back, so feel like I used my arms way too much.

• Bec B says:

A. Got 45 last week but warm up felt heavy so only went up to 47.5 – tough!
    B. 50kg and orange band, felt a bit faster than last time.
    C. 2.01 blergh! Next time I have to crack 2min, seriously!!!

• eliza says:

a – 40kg: 5kg up from last time I di this, was harder, but could go up again
    B – 40 orange band, could go red or weight higher, good fun
    C – 2.03 kinda was talking and joking a bit much, prob should have focused more but I’m only semi pro after all…. 🙂
    thanks coach sean