20 rep Back Squat, Speed deads and row

Friday 05.09.14

Deadlifting and wall walks with the 6pm crew #adaptCF #deadlifts #crossfit #girlswholift

Deadlifts from last nights 6pm class

Strength

• 20 rep back squat ~60-65% of 1rm, if you have performed this previously add 2.5/5 kg on previous
  • EMOTM for 8 mins – 2 Speed Deadlifts @ 50% of 1rm + bands

Conditioning

• 500m row for time

Post loads and times to comments

sean

Good 6:30am session this morning – thanks Sean. Also enjoyed catching up and working with “the unicorn”.

A. Having not done the 20RMs before and trying to fix my back I opted for sets of 5 @ 52kg, 72kg, 82kg
    B. 82kg + red band (Sean commented that these were the best looking deadlifts I’ve done – so happy with that)
    C. 1:30.7 (just needed to maintain pace on the last 3 pulls and I would have cracked 1:30 i think)

• A. 120kg (up 5 again – probably not coming Fridays anymore!)
    B. 80kg
    C. 1:36 – not happy with that. Legs were blown up from squats!

I’m with you Mike – Horrible this morning, I’m wearing skins to try and avoid DOMS over the weekend! ๐Ÿ˜›

• Jamiew says:

A: 20 @ 140kg
    B: 110kg with red band
    C: 1:36.7

A. 35kg โ€“ up 2.5kg. Very happy considering I tried 35kg two weeks ago and only got 11 out. Always good to do something that you couldnโ€™t do yesterday.
    B. 45kg with orange band.
    C. 1.59. Happy to break the 2 minute mark but went too fast at the start and couldnโ€™t maintain pace for the last 200 m.

A: Worked at 70kg as my last set of 20 was 2 weeks ago at 65kg – this was difficult after 9 reps so had to fight for the rest (very close to racking it a couple of times but the awesome encouragement from the 6:30 peeps kept me going) – This is over 75% of my previous 1RM, 70% of my new one.
    B: More deads! ๐Ÿ™‚ Worked at 60kg with an orange band – felt like I was slow on the first but then my levers are a bit long ๐Ÿ˜›
    C: 1:44.7 – same as previous recorded time (1:44 recorded), quads were on fire! Was shortening my pull a bit to give them a rest from activating! Certainly hadn’t done a “Sean warm up” & 20 rep back squat @70% the last time either – just handstand practice and TGU ๐Ÿ˜€
    Really enjoyed the session though ๐Ÿ˜‰

• A: 82 – have missed this one 3 times so I didn’t want to destroy myself by chucking on too much.
    B: 82 w/ red band. Tight from last nights heavy deads.
    C: 1:32.5 PB but I’m blown away by Jase’s 1;30, so close to getting under that mark!

Spent a good half hour with Sean working on my squat – I’m having some serious feet stance and hip movement issues and he gave me some really good advice and feedback to work on.

A: 20 @ 60kg (70% of 1RM). This was really tough, felt a bit light headed by the end.
    B: Worked at 60kg with an orange band but called it after five rounds as back was feeling a bit dodgy.
    C: 1:54.5 – my butt and forearms were on fire. I wish my stroke was longer!

A: Kinda failed 60kg…. I wused out… boo
    B: 60Kg with orange band….. hands were killing – but reps felt ok,
    C: 1:48 holey c*#p my butt cheeks hurt after that.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

112kg for 20 reps

100kg plus orange band for deads

1:28.7 row have gone faster and have also felt worse afterwards

Joined the 10am crew today which was fun!

A: Have missed this one so far (I didn’t realise how many Friday’s I have missed…) so I worked at 60% – 47.5kg (true 60% is 48 but Jaqui was working off 47.5 so I just did the same). This was tough!!

B: 57.5kg with Yellow band. Tried with the orange but its the first time I have done banded deads and I wasn’t comfortable with it and wasn’t moving fast enough so I dropped to yellow. Felt good once I got used to it, around Round 3.

C: 1:46.4……ouch!!! I went all out and then slowed right down toward the end in the last 150m…..couldn’t stand up when I finished, I kinda just fell over….was in pain for a good 5-10 minutes….my forearms also blew up so I must be holding on too tight or something.

• DJ says:

A: 90kg – Ben M kept me going.
    B: 90kg with orange band.
    C: 1:31.8.

• Sam B says:

Right knee still out, so:

A: Worked on muscle-up jump-throughs, on progressively higher rings. Then Worked on getting a good swing and movement on the rings.

B: EMOTM 4 ring dips (dropped to 3 after the 5th round, but these have definitely improved in the last few weeks).

C: 300m row, arms only, can’t remember my time, but about 1:19 or so???

• Gabriel says:

A: Did 80 last week so went for 85, only got 9 reps out, not sure why but just had nothing in me today, legs did not want to work was a battle to even get 5 reps out
    B: After the squats just stayed at 60kg
    C: 1:40.7, once again had no power in the legs today

• Carrie says:

A: Third time doing this, increased by another 5 to 45kg. This is getting tough!
    B: 35kg with yellow band.
    C: 1:59.

A: Only done this once before with full depth squats but got a bit ambitious and went for 80kg. Made it, but it was real tough!
    B: 70kg and orange band.
    C: 1:47 – 9 seconds slower than last time – knee still hasnt got 100% flexion back, so feel like I used my arms way too much.

• Bec B says:

A. Got 45 last week but warm up felt heavy so only went up to 47.5 – tough!
    B. 50kg and orange band, felt a bit faster than last time.
    C. 2.01 blergh! Next time I have to crack 2min, seriously!!!

• eliza says:

a – 40kg: 5kg up from last time I di this, was harder, but could go up again
    B – 40 orange band, could go red or weight higher, good fun
    C – 2.03 kinda was talking and joking a bit much, prob should have focused more but I’m only semi pro after all…. ๐Ÿ™‚
    thanks coach sean