20 rep Back Squat & a quick workout

Friday 29.08.14

Annie from a comp earlier in the year

Annie repping it at a comp earlier this year, local comps will be popping up more regular in the 2nd half of the year. Keep your eye out for an opportunity to have a bit of fun.

Strength

• 20 rep Back Squat @ ~65% 1rm – try to add 2.5/5kgs on last week

Conditioning

• For time
  • 400m run
  • 50 Kb Swings 24/16
  • 40 Thrusters 20/15
  • 30 Pushups
  • 400m run

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

sean

A. Loving doing this every week, and being able to do more each week. Another 5kgs jump to 65kgs today. Keen to try 70kgs next week!
    B. Happy to finish! 14.49 Kinda nice to be doing some longer WOD’s again too.

• Gabriel says:

Good to drop into a 5:30am session for the first time in a while
    A: Did this about 3 weeks ago at 70 so went to 80 today
    B: 8:49, feeling a bit tired so just tried to keep a constant pace throughout

• A. 115kg. Up 5kg from last week :/
    B. 9:15 – this killed me after squats!
    Did some T2B practice after and finally learnt to link them! Very happy with that! πŸ™‚

A. Up 3kg to 95kg. Keen to get to 100kg. Have been reflecting since last week that this could well be above my early 1RMs when I first started at Adapt (the records are lost in the mists of time). I call that pretty damned good progress.
    B. Not actually sure of the time. 8:40 or 8:50 ish. Broke KB up into 30 and 20. Broke thrusters into sets of 8.

I am doing the CrossFit Team Series WOD’s tomorrow so didn’t think the 20RM would be a good idea given that there is a 3RM front squat WOD and and “Dirty, Horrible” Fran type WOD with Thrusters and Chest to bar pullups programmed along with 2 others…

A: Last week I hit 65kg for 20 and hit a new 1RM of 100kg from Tuesday so did 1×[email protected], 1×[email protected] & 3×[email protected] – so much easier to work out percentages now! πŸ˜›
    B: Planned to pace through slowly (running sucks this week) – thought my time was 9:14 but came in the door after Mike so must be 9:24 – paced the run slowly, 50 unbroken KB swings (I could do them all day), thrusters were 20,10,10, push ups in sets of 3 (they were tricky!)
    Great to see everyone finish the Met Con this morning!

A: 60Kg – thought I would fall over, but struggled through it.
    B: 11 something…. felt pretty average on the last 400m – could not really hold my arms up and had to let them flop beside me for the majority of the distance.

• Jamiew says:

A: worked @ 130kg
    B: 9 and a bit – forgot to look at the clock as at the time I was reflecting on how much I love running

A. 32.5kg, up 2.5kg

B. No idea of my time. The combination of running and squats left me completely gassed and I had to use my puffer a lot. Did front squats (sets of five) instead of thrusters skipped the push ups to get the last lap in… but happy to finish. Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement and support, especially Mark who jogged the last lap with me πŸ™‚

C. Did some ring rows in the remaining time, haven’t done these in ages so it was good to get some practice in.

Best of luck to everyone doing the team series this weekend.

• Matt B says:

Felt terrible this morning, I’m not sure if it’s because I didn’t eat enough breakfast or I’m nervous for the team series tomorrow.

A) 80kg…probably shoulda been heavier

B) 8:07, 50 unbroken swings, 20/10/10 thrusters, push-ups were unbroken…but the final run was more of a shuffle hehe

A) 20 @ 77kg – Up 5 kg on last week.

B) 9:0X – the 200m walk was a bit embarrassing after the push-ups…

Looking forward to tomorrow!

• Marc D. says:

A) 82kg – 2kg bonus thanks to the G2 bar. Up 7kg.
    B) 9:0X – The 800 metre walk took ages! πŸ˜‰
    C) Cashed out with some bench and T2B.

Great programming this cycle!

• Amelia says:

A. 60 kg
    B. felt really gross after this workout and completely forgot to check my time..,

• Bec B says:

A. First time doing 20 rep back squats. Shift work and life so don’t always fit with regular sessions! Went for 40kg which is a touch over 65% and knocked out 8 reps that felt pretty good so I went up to 45kg for the 20. Felt pretty shaky by the 5ish so was probably the right weight (although I have also been sick this week so might have played a part in that!)
    B. Nasty – totally with you Amelia (although I didn’t come in the door first after the run!) completely forgot to look at my time. I think the sick thing caught up with me on this one.

• Carrie says:

A: Second time doing this – 40kg, up 5kg from last week.
    B: I was hoping to go a little longer before reaching the ‘first crossfit injury’ milestone, but physio thinks I’ve got some kind of shoulder capsule issue going on. Overhead stuff is out, so I subbed front squats for thrusters. Finished in 10:11? Slow on pushups but made up time on the run πŸ™‚

• Tom R says: