20 rep Back Squat and a friday circuit

Friday 22.08.14

Elaine

Elaine crushing some Double Unders from earlier in the year

Strength

• 20 rep Back Squat – add 5kgs to last week

Conditioning

• Circuit
  • 2 rounds ( 1st round 1 min, 2nd round 45 sec)
  • Tyre Flips
  • Box Jumps
  • Air dyne
  • Sledgehammer
  • Toes 2 Bar
  • Row
  • Burpees
  • DB Shoulder to Overhead

Post loads and training notes to comments

A. up another 5kgs too 60kgs. Legs were wobbly for awhile after!
    B. Circuit was great fun, especially tyre flipping and sledge hammers

Ouch……….. I’m spent!

A. Went up by 22kg to 92kg. I had to – Coop and Tim did it first. Felt better than I’d expected. Last week I knew I was too careful, but I surprised myself today.
    P.S. Shhh. Don’t tell Ewen. I hope he goes in later and does 85 or so. That will give me a few days ammunition.
    B. 2 rounds. Fancy that.

• A. 110kg.. I don’t think it’s feasible to increase by 5kgs a week continuously!
    B. Good fun. That big tyre is heavy!

A: Added 5kg onto last week to get 20 reps @ 65kg
    B: This was fun – I did rebound box jumps on the 20″ for one round and regular box jumps on the taller (boys size) box, 10kg DB and I lifted the heavier tyre to make it a bit more challenging. 😉

Hopefully my legs hold up for Nancy later on today!
    Running and OHS 😛

A. Started at 35kg and only got 13 reps out, so went back to 30kg for 20 reps. Only did 25kg last week as it was after a 1.5 week break.

B. Just kept moving. Was fun. Finally felt like I got the sledgehammer thing. DB shoulder to overhead was harder than expected.

• Sam B says:

I’ve done a number on my right knee (torn meniscus – damn!), so for now I’m not doing any leg work. As a result, this morning I did the following:

A: 1RM weighted pull-ups (pronated), worked up to 8kg, tried for 12kg but no juice…

B: worked on slow eccentric lowering of T2B for a while…

C: circuit, but subbed KB swings for tyre flips, handstand holds for box jumps, just used arms on the airdyne, and DUs for the rowing.

D: post-session: pushed out a few sets of strict supinated pull-ups, strict ring rows and HSPUs to a 15kg plate.

After three sessions this week of predominantly upper body work, my forearms are so tight, you could play them like violins… Lots of stretching and mobilising this weekend.

A) I missed the last 2 so went at 60% – 72kg.
    Have you ever had to squat like your lofe depended on it? Godzilla was roaring “squat or I’ll eat you” right behind me.
    Well that’s what it sounded like and it scared me a little.

Circuits are fun. Extra work isn’t. Great vibe in the 10am as usual.

• eliza says:

A – 35kg – light, but ok with that
    B – Fun stuff! And as Sean said, we have finally found my movement…….. the sledgehammer!! totally useful!
    thanks sean

• Tom R says:

A) 65kgs. I swear I’m going to have to cap out at some point. Downsides of being a Friday regular lol
    B) fun. Sledge that hammer!

• Annie says:

A. 55kg first 10 squats ok, noises necessary for the next 10.
    B. Great circuit love tyres and sledgehammers. My abs however didn’t appreciate T2B today OUCH!

A: Added 5kgs to do a set at 75kg. Felt good.
    B: Geez that hammer was bouncing all over the shop for me

• Carrie says:

A: First time doing this – 35kg. Was fairly comfortable.
    B: Fun circuit, but couldn’t figure out the sledgehammer much to Sean’s amusement! Getting better at knee lifts… T2B doesn’t seem as far away as it used to.

• Mark says: