unbroken (UB) hi hang power snatch triple

Thursday 21.8.14

Post 'GRACE' coffee chill out. Mads & Coach B working hard! #adaptCF #chillout #grace #crossfit #coffee #community

Post ‘GRACE’ coffee chill out. Mads & Coach B working hard! #adaptCF #chillout #grace #crossfit #coffee #community

A: 15 mins to establish UB hi-hang power snatch triple

B: 3x ME UB hi-hang power snatch @ 90% of A (if you managed a triple of 60kg/40kg or above) otherwise hit a max UB set with the full weight from A.

C: 10 min Partner AMRAP:
5 UB hi-hang power snatches @ 35/25kg
5 bar facing burpees (flat out)
— P1 goes while P2 rests; then vice-versa

D:?

Post loads, reps and rounds (and times) to comments

Finally managed to get last Saturday’s [Adapt Programming/Open Gym] chat up too – have a listen…
[soundcloud_ultimate track=http://soundcloud.com/bencapod/adapt-crossfit-bens-chat-on-competitor-programs-and-making-the-best-of-open-gym]

Coach B

• David N says:

A: 30, 35, 37, 39.5kg.
    I found that when I made sure the bar was dropping down close to the body helped me the most.

B: 12,13,9 @35kg

C: 16 rounds + 1 Burpee with PHIL. I was finding jumping over the bar extra hard today, I suppose A&B had anything to do with that.

D: 1:16. I felt my legs almost stop on the last leg uphill

E: listened to the podcast. Regarding social media, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for me.

• Sam B says:

A: 30, 35, 37.5, 40kg.

B: worked with 35kg, managed, 9, 10, 7 (had a brain fart on the last set…)

C: worked with Jamie, 15 rounds plus 1 burpee.

D: 1:20

A. 18kg. My right trap is recovering well, so just working on creeping the weight back up slowly (was at 8kg on Monday). Was also great to see that I had some good shoulder mobility happening during the warm up – kinda helped that I had physio on my shoulders on Tuesday.

B. 18, 19, 13 @ 18kg. With a light barbell my limiter was the huffy puffy.

C. Hannah and I got through 8 rounds + 1 burpee @20kg.

D. 2.34

• A. 70kg
    B. 60kg x12,9, 40kg x 10 (running out of time just did what was there)
    C. Luke and I finished 19 rounds
    D. 1:14

• Matt B says:

A) Hit the triple at 60kg and then only a single @ 62.5

B) 4, 5, 4 @ 50 kg

C) worked with Ben M and we got 21rds plus 5 snatches

D) 1:10

• Tom R says:

A) 40kgs
    B) 5,8,10. Got lower as time went on
    C) 16 rounds + 1 burpee
    D) 1:15

• Bec B says:

A. 30kg Coach Karl said my chest was dropping slightly so just went at this weight again to get it right.
    B. 5,5,6
    C. Partnered with KJ who looked so composed through this while I felt like I was dying! 1 burpee short of getting into the 20th round. Felt pretty uncoordinated jumping over the bar tonight!
    D. 1:24

A: 37.5kg – probably could have tried for the 40kg – but did 3 sets at 35 and 2 at 37.5 just to keep technique in check.
    B: Worked at 37.5 – sets of 6, 6 and 9.
    C: Vomited a little in my mouth at the end of this WOD with Karl (Carl? sorry!). He gave me no rest. We got to 4 snatches in round 20.
    D: Could not even muster the strength to start strong on this haha. Finished at 1:48 which is about 20 seconds longer than last time! Also felt my knee slipping around a little bit – but I’m not trying to make an excuse, I am definitely slow!

• A) 50kg – That really brought out the fact that I don’t finish the movement.
    B) 8, 9 and 7 at 50kg
    C) 19 + 4 snatches. Teamed up with Tessa.
    D) 1:24

Just listened to the podcast. I really liked it and would be interested in utilising the extra time if I wasn’t working 10-12 hours a day at the moment. I can certainly feeingl my output plateauing at the moment, but working less and sleeping (and showing up to the gym) more would probably go a fair way in fixing that.
    Re: communication methods – Facebook and the website definitely work best for me.

• Love being back at 10am.
    60kg then 8,8,10@55
    20rds with Josh B
    1:06 a few seconds off my PB here.

A. Heaviest I got was 50kg spent alot of time going through position 1 with coach bec was really really good alot of bar work to fix this up and take my lifts up a notch in time.

B. Worked at 40kg got 11 and 12 and only 3 one time cause I struggled hitting the right position

C. 13 rounds with jordan

D. 1:08 pretty pleased with that

• Kylie J says:

A. 40kg, Coach Craig no repped my 3rd lift at 45kg ‘apparently’ I dropped my chest……bribes and pleas for a bro rep were ignored…. 🙂

B. 7, 7, 7 at 35kg, grip was my challenge???

C. Partnered with Jessica, 20 rnds +1 snatch Rx, she did not let me rest!!

D. no run – achilles, but my patience will be worth it.