“Nate”

Wednesday 20.08.14

@stevesnothere - comment of the day! Don't worry guys - it's not that bad - he's hamming it up... Although Kristy did throw up ;) #adaptcf

@stevesnothere – comment of the day! Don’t worry guys – it’s not that bad – he’s hamming it up… Although Kristy did throw up 😉 #adaptcf

Conditioning:

20 Minute AMRAP of:

• 2 Muscle Up’s
  • 4 HSPU’s
  • 8 Overhead Kettlebell Swings (32/24kg)

Coaches Notes:

• Muscle Up subs are Jump Through M/Up’s or C2B (supine grip)
  • HSPU sub will be Push Up’s

Post rounds and notes to the comments page

Apparently Coops was joking when he said I was scaled to burpees instead of MU/C2B/PU, but I do as I’m told. So scaled to burpees, regular push ups and 20kgs swings, I managed 12 rounds and 4 swings. 20mins felt like forever!

• Scaled MUs to C2B. Did SHPUs.
    10 rounds + 2 C2Bs
    Can’t kip, can’t skip.

Scaled to jump throughs. 11 rds + 1 KB. Hard to judge pacing for 20 min so just might have gone too slow early. Hated the heavy KB. Still, it was kind of fun (but I still maintain that real men don’t work out to Buck’s Fizz songs).

Checked MyWOD and found I did this with MU back in October. Think that might be when I hurt my shoulder and lost confidence. Might be due another stab at them soon.

Ahhh.. memories from Monday. Because hurting every time I have to walk up and down the 2 sets of stairs at home isn’t enough 😉

After a month without muscle-ups, they came back… for 10 minutes!
    Split this into 10 mins RX and 10 mins scaled. 5 muscle-ups (so 2 full rounds + 1 muscle-up). Then when it took 4 mins and I wasn’t getting rep #6, I subbed back to C2Bs.
    Got a few more rounds in (3 I think?) with the scaled option.

Flashback to only 1 MU last time I did Nate, with jump-throughs from rep 2 onwards.

Grats to Ben, Kathleen and Matt who made this look like a (slightly painful) walk in the park.

• David N says:

10 rounds.
    Scaled MU with pull ups(not quite C2B) before moving to jump throughs for the last few rounds.
    Scaled KB swings to 28kgs. Some sets were unbroken after some good tips from Coops!

First attempt at Nate and managed 7 rounds rx. Plenty of room for improvement with my MUs, so keen to give it a go again down the track.

Only managed 5 rounds plus 2 pull ups but did kipping pull ups and HSPU on ab mat. Needed lots of rest with the HSPU so I don’t start failing….only failed 3 or 4 reps. Only recently nailed kipping pull ups so these were also slow. Pretty stoked to be able to do kipping pull ups in a WOD though and happy with my HSPU 🙂

This was my second Benchmark of the day. I did Jackie in open gym at lunch time, first time to do Jackie and thought it was my first time to do Nate too but Sara H was convinced I did it beside her back in May! You were right Sara, I found it on MyWod! 😛
    Subbed to jump throughs instead of muscle ups – finished with 9 rounds and 2 HSPU. Getting closer to a proper kip in the ring dip. Previous score was 7 rounds and 1 jump through.

• Marc D. says:

Got through 8 rounds – RX. So stoked! Never had more than 3 MU in a WOD.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Brought back down to earth with this one. Challenging combination of movements.

14rds + 7swings

• Annie says:

10 rounds + 4 HSPU
    I got about 8 rounds last time.
    Scaled to jump throughs.
    HSPU were my rest, broke the swings into sets of 4. 24kg is super heavy for me, had to really focus on planting my feet so it didn’t throw me around.

• RACH says:

15 Rds. C2B instead of MU’s. 24kgs.
    Currently wondering how I’m going to treat anyone tomorrow given I can’t lift my arms……will have to walk on their backs!!!

• Leanne says:

Only second day of training in nearly 3 weeks…feeling like a sack of potatoes when I ran today!!
    Happy to do NATE again as I love KBs.
    I finished 1 rep more than last time and on a smaller band, strict PU ( so solid now) and 20kg KB ( next time I’m having a crack at the 24kg as I can lift it overhead but never tested it with high reps)
    HUGE thanks to Tarryn for making sure I reached my target and keeping me going when I really wanted to stop

• 11 rds and 2 hspu. Was aiming for anything over 10 so im happy with that. MU unbroken for 11 rds which is a lot better than last time. #gainz

• Carrie says:

Scaled to C2B with red + yellow bands, pushups and 16kg KB.
    10 rounds + 2 pushups.
    Was good to work on pushups. Did them all on my toes, one at a time, keeping them as strict as I could. Surprised myself at how long I could keep that up for – was really struggling with them by round 10 though. Pullups were still feeling good at the end – probably could actually have done them with just the red band.

• Tom R says:

A) 7 rounds + 2 jump throughs
    Scaled to jump throughs and HSPU on an ab mat and 10kgs plate. Last time we did this I struggled on the jump throughs, but this time it was the HSPUs (last time I did push ups). After a while the trouble was getting on the wall lol.

• Kylie J says:

Scaled MU’s to C2B pullups and they were slooooooow.

8 rounds flat. Got some work to do but happy with my progress.

• Craig W says:

Partnered with Benny M tonight, nice work battling through the muscle ups mate.
    I wasn’t sure what to expect going into it so just focused in pacing my muscle ups and punching through the rest. Completed 15 rounds and 7 KB Swings. Cheers for the support guys – great atmosphere in the class. Had a bromance session with some of the lads after on bench press #globogymstyle, we stopped sort of bicep curls though

Only got through 2 rounds but it is still 4 more mu then iv ever done in a wod before so cant be to upset with that 🙂

• eliza says:

14rounds 4 push ups, 4 situps and 1 goblin squat
    thanks coach sean for the fun

• Aldog says:

Worked with Em tonight. We were scaled to 4 ring rows, push-ups and swings. Becca told us to stop if we got to 20 rounds. I got 18rounds + 1 row

Another fun session thanks Sean

• 7 rounds Rxd.
    Used this session to learn how to do kipping HSPU. Felt harder than doing them strict (probably because I’m unco) and it shows as I lost a couple of rounds. Need to practice getting my false grip as the rings were a fair bit higher than normal and had trouble jumping into it.