“Grace”

Saturday 16.08.14

Dan Bailey, time to beat 1:02??????

Strength

• Clean and Jerk Max

Conditioning

• “Grace”
  • 30 Clean and Jerks for time 60/40*
  • Note: Scale to 50-60% of above unless you can Clean and Jerk 100+/70+

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

A. 80kg C&J, 90kg clean (PB).
    B. 2:46 @ 50kg.

Now at weightlifting comp. just watched Tahni snatch 60kg in her first comp.

• Tom R says:

A) 65kgs. PR!
    B) 4.13@40kgs. Should have done it faster, might do it again soon and try a little harder.

• Nathan says:

A: Didn’t really go for a 1RM today, just working on better split jerk technique.

B: 3:23 @55kg (next time going for rx)….

• Did a 4 round warm up with Pip Karl Ben of 10 burpesles 15 kb thrusters and 20 cal row. Finished grace Rx 2:52 first time rx and a time pb of 15secs.

A: no new PB here for me. My jerk is letting me down as per usual πŸ™ made all the cleans relatively easily but couldn’t even jerk 60 today when my PB is 62. Attempted it about 3 times.
    B: did this at 35kg, finished 3:48. Was considering RX, glad I didn’t!

A. 90kg failed the jerk at 95kg twice.

B. Worked at 50kg and finished in 3:22 was pretty annoyed in this just a crappy morning was off balance and just moved poorly until probably my last 10 reps whole thing was a battle so spose im happy to have turned it around in the last 10 to give me something to take out of it

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Didn’t have the right mindset this morning to hit Grace super super hard like you need to, aka I was a bit soft.

Opted out and did double-grace from the CF Games. Finished it off in 6:27, first 30 @2:49

Legs burning!!!

• Annie says:

A. Finally hit 60kg, there was a bit of a press on the jerk, damn it.
    B. 2.34 @ 30kg
    Really tried hard not to let this get in my head, thanks Cindy & Ben for pushing me. Would like to have a crack at this RX next time, warning though it will scare some people LOUD NOISES!

• Kylie J says:

First workout back after two weeks off. Glad it wasn’t pull-ups!
    A. didn’t work to 1RM, focussed on technique particularly on my jerk, 65kg
    B. 3:38 Rx, haven’t done this Rx before, need to work on movement being more efficient esp at the beginning, might survive the end better??

Great to back after 3 weeks! Thanks for the support from all, was really good to see everybody again πŸ™‚

A) Expected little and surprised myself with 82kg, got 87kg clean and failed the jerk. Very happy.

B) @45kg – 2:42 – Stoked at this, last time was 3 mins at 50kg but didn’t want to push it in first WOD back.

• Josh B says:

Didn’t work to a proper max today on the C+J :-/ worked up to 110kg no problems.
    And then came Grace, my type of WOD!! Lift heavy things a lot, as fast as you can πŸ™‚ finished her off in 2:25 RX.

• Mark says:

A: 80kg new PB
    B: 2:57 @ 40kg. Very happy with both of those.