20 rep squat, Tech work and 6 mins of fast reps

Friday 15.08.14

Kylie Jo

Kylie crushing it in the Open from earlier in the year

Strength

• 20 Rep Back Squat @~60% – if you did this last week put 5-10kgs on

Technique

• For max reps
  • 2 mins Situps
  • 2 mins rest
  • 2 mins OH Lunge Walk 20/10
  • 2 mins rest
  • 2 mins Burpees

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

Weightlifting ACT comp tomorrow from 930 at The X

A. Increased 20RM from 50 to 55kgs.
    B. Played around with devil at 20kgs as I was shaking all over by this point!
    C. Was happy to get 52 sit ups (to Elaine’s 56?) but then couldn’t keep up with her 52 lunges, I only got 27 and burpees… only 14.

• Elaine says:

A: 20rm increased from 40 to 45kg.
    B: Did this at 20kgs, good fun.
    C: Got 57,52 and 26. Brilliant to see how well Sharon did at this πŸ™‚

A. Didn’t do this last week as I was air freighting a snake. And this week I have a bit of a glute strain from Oz Tag. So, with excuses in place, I went for 70kg. And now I feel a bit soft. Could have gotten 80 well enough I think. Next time.
    B. Did two rounds at 40kg. I reckon they were not too shabby.
    C. 77 sit ups, 51 lunges, 34 burpees. 162 total.

What the? Snakes on a plane!!! Hope Samuel L Jackson wasn’t on the plane. πŸ˜‰

Aha – someone reads my rantings. In a futile effort to simplify our lives, we’ve sold Ewen’s snake. Happened to be to a guy in Sydney, so had to air freight it. No, so far as I could tell, Mr Jackson was not present.

A. 25kg. My legs are really struggling after a week and a half off.
    B. Worked on technique with the 8kg bar
    C. Went something like, 30, 17 (5kg), 18.

Strength:
    60kg (65%) – added 3kg from last week (thought it was 5kg) but I did heavier than 60% last week and suffered the following few days. Weight was just right this morning. Tough in the last 5 reps and loosened my belt after not being able to breathe last week πŸ˜›
    Technique:
    Sets at 25kg & 30kg – first time to do this all the way through with weight, I missed it the last few times it was programmed
    Conditioning:
    66 situps, 61 OH lunges (unbroken), 30 burpees = 157
    Was great to be back to an am session and train with the 6:30 peeps this morning! πŸ˜€

• Brendo says:

A: 65kg – might have been able to get 70kg, but then I would have had absolutely nothing left for the rest.

B: Loaded up 30kg and thankfully didn’t give myself a shave with the bar like I did yesterday. I don’t recommend it – it’s definitely not the best a man can get!

C: 63 situps, 42 lunges and 31 burpees. Lunges were interesting – I probably should have gone faster as my legs seemed to have spare capacity but my shoulders were blowing out.

• A. 105kg
    B. 30kg practicing tech
    C. No idea! Lost count!

• David N says:

A: 65kg. This wiped me out, I’ve been feeling it all day.
    B: 30kg. Thought I could do more but still recovering from A so did’nt push it.
    I’m trying to work on improving snatch technique from Pos 2 to 1.
    I also need to bend my arms less.
    C: more than enough of everything. 61 SU, 25? Lunges, 29 Burpees.
    Took a few breaks through the lunges, the weight didn’t feel that heavy but I couldn’t hold my arms up for that long.

• Tom R says:

A) 60kgs, 5 more than last week
    B) got to 35kgs
    C) 57 SU/35 lunges/34 burpees

A: Didnt do this last time as I was away. Worked at 70kg and FULL DEPTH – YAY!!! Felt surprisingly ok!
    B: After the warm up rounds, did a round at 25kg, then one at 30. Felt good – knee clicked around a little but held up!
    C: 62 sit ups, had to stop lunges as the knee protested too much, and 28 or 29 burpees.

• MSK says: