Power clean triple, TnGs and deadlifts

Thursday 14.8.14

Morgan finishing off yesterday's 21-15-9 pull-ups and box jump WOD #support #gotCommunity? #adaptcf

Morgan finishing off yesterday’s 21-15-9 pull-ups and box jump WOD #support #gotCommunity? #adaptcf

A: power clean – 15 min to work up to a heavy triple (can drop and reset after each rep – but gotta go within 4 sec)

B: 3x ME TnG power clean @ 80% of A

C: 6 min Ladder

• 1 DL @ 60% / 200m run
  • 2 DL @ 60% / 200m run
  • 3 DL @ 60% / 200m run
  • 4 DL @ 60% / 200m run
  • etc. / etc.

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments.

Coach B

Coach and Owner of Adapt CrossFit

• charnel says:

A: Worked up to a 55kg 3RM, then jumped straight up to 62.5kg (not sure why), but managed a new 2RM.
    B: Worked at 45kg – 8 reps
    C: Worked at 65kg and went on the Air Dyne. This was tough but it felt good afterwards! I finished off the 7 DL after the buzzer.

• Brendo says:

A: 80kg was good, 82kg proved the tipping point this morning

B: 9, 4 (tried to go too quick and fell forward), and 10 @ 60kg.

C: Finished 6 DL after the buzzer @ 80kg. Was looking forward to a whole lot of running when I saw that the ladder seemed to include 1x200m, then 2x200m etc. This ended up not being the case.

• A. 95kg
    B. 8,8 @ 75kg (didn’t do a 3rd)
    C. Finished 6 after time @ 100kg

• Mark says:

A: Hit 80kg. Tried for a sneaky 90kg 1RM, but no go.
    B: 65kg – 6,7,6
    C: Finished up the 6 D/L @ 90kg after the buzzer.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

110kg for 3
    120kg for 2,second rep was very much on the edge of power or squat clean so stopped there.

Worked @100kg managed 5 across the 3 sets

Finished the set of six deadlifts and got to like the light pole maybe a little further when time ran out.

A. Got 45kgs and only managed one rep at 50kgs
    B. Went for 12 at 35kgs so Coach Ben pumped me up to 40kgs, got a set of 8 and then 10.
    C. Almost finished 4 deadlifts at 65kgs.
    D. F lipped some types for giggles afterwards

A: Worked up to 60kg. (My power clean 1RM…) And got 2 at 62.5kg.
    B: Worked at 50kg. Around 5 each round.
    C: Worked at 85kg and 3 calories on the Airdyne. Finished the round of 6.

• Bec B says:

A. Got 3 at 45kg but failed the second at 50kg twice.
    B. Worked at 36kg (that extra kilo haha) having lots of trouble re gripping with a bit of a sore hand still… 6,7,7.
    C. That hill! Worked at 60kg and didn’t quite finish the 5th run. Sprinted the last bit after the buzzer which Coach Craig was pleased about!

• john parr says:

A: worked up to 100kg (did 90kg and they were a legit TnG! I didn’t let go), I attempted 105kg on the call for “last lift” but I didn’t set up rite and tweeked something.

B: did 1 lift and realised I tweeked something, so I sat this bit out

C: worked with 120kg, and finished the run for the set of 5

Trained at 5pm Open Gym
    A: Worked up to 60kg – rested too much before doing 65kg and wasnt feeling it so moved on
    B: 48kg – 8,10,10 probably should have gone heavier given that my power cleans from A could have been better. Was aiming for 8 on the first ME abd realised afterwards that U could have oushed for a couple more so did that for the second and third.
    C: Ran out the back of the gym so not so sure if the 200m distance is the same. Worked at 69kg – went out for the run after the round of 5 DL before time, got back 6mins 30secs.

• Amelia says:

A. worked up to 55kg
    B. 45kg reps:7, 7, 5
    C. completed the 5th run just before buzzer

• pip says:

First week back training after three weeks away with work. Easing my way back in as have been fighting some pretty hefty fatigue/jet lag.

A: 60kg
    B: 7,7,7. My grip was failing more than anything else.
    C: 5 rounds at 75kg

• A: 95 was good, [email protected]
    A2: Worked at 80, 6,6,5
    B: About 10m short of 6th run.

Hit an 80kg snatch PB after a 20min snatch EMOM, so I was pretty happy with that today!

• Cherisse Kelly says:

A: 35kg
    B: 25kg – 4 and then smacked my knee with the bar.
    C: finished 4 deadlifts @ 40kg. Love any opportunity to go for a run.

• A) 85kg. Failed at rep 3 twice at 90kg. Need to get faster past the knees and be more aggressive.
    B) 5 @ 72.5
    C) Got about 150m of the run completed in the 5th round (90kg).