Happy Monday!

Monday 11.8.14

The Grid. #adaptcf style. Saturday's sessions went off. If you were part of it I'd love to hear your feedback? - Post to comments

The Grid. #adaptcf style. Saturday’s sessions went off. If you were part of it I’d love to hear your feedback? – Post to comments

A: hang snatch double + 2 OH squats

B: For time (12 min cap)

• 30 burpee over the box jumps @ 24/20″
  • 30 fronts squats (cleaned from the floor) @ 70% of your 1RM
  • 30 burpee over the box jumps @ 24/20″

Post loads, times and training notes to comments.

Coach B

A. 55kg. Maybe I could have gotten more(?) but both ran out of time, and while the 2nd go at this felt pretty good, the first was a tad shaky. Breathed a sigh of relief when I looked up to see Tahni just fail at 55kg. I’m now reduced to not even bothering to keep up with my 15 year old son, and trying to stay ahead of my 18 year old, 5’4″ daughter. Pathetic really.
    B. 11:46 @ 70kg. Bit of a psychological battle. Broke the front squats into sets of 5. Finished them OK and had plenty of time for the burpees. Or so I thought – nearly didn’t make it.

• A. 60kg
    B. 11:33 @ 70kg. This was tough!

A. 60kg
    B. 13:47 @ 60kg (kept going after the buzzer on the burpees)

Having a barry today – left home this morning without my specs (not sure how – I’m blind as a bat without them) so had to rush home to get them then had it in my head even after all the strategy talk for B that it was 3 rounds of ( 30 burpees + 30 front squats ) so I’d resigned myself it just being a long slog and kept at a very steady pace instead of getting my rush on. Oh well.

A: Worked up to 45kg, but kept failing the second lift. 40kg was successful.
    B: 12:47(?) @ 55kg (2kg above 70%).
    Good sesh this morning followed by some great coffee and chat πŸ™‚

Oh and re Saturday’s WOD: I thought it was good fun! The bigger teams made it a bit more difficult to communicate, but nothing a bit of practice wouldn’t fix πŸ˜‰ A nice way to start the weekend.

• David N says:

A: 45kg. That second OHS was tuff. Worked through from 30kg.
    B: 26 Burpees with 55kg Front Squats.
    Did sets of 5 but they were hard work. This was the right weight for me in this workout. 1 RM is around 85kg (untested). Burpees were just slow and steady.

• Elaine says:

A: 30kgs
    B: 7 burpee over the box with front squats @ 35kgs

• Tim Manning says:

A: 65kg – still learning to lift at 5:30am

B: 11:13 @ 80kg

A. 60kg rushed 65kg and missed the first oh squat

B. timed out at 11 burpee over box jumps

A: 35kg. Was a bit off tonight for some reason, snatch and OH squats are normally a strong lift for me but struggled with both today.

B: purposely took it slow, then realised I was probably taking the burpees too slow. Finished 4 over box burpees and front squats at 40kg, in sets of 5

A: Worked up to 50kg (my snatch 1RM….) OH squats were the easiest part for me.
    B: timed out at something like 19 burpees with sqauts at 55kg. The knee didn’t particularly enjoy the snatches, so tuned it back for the WOD. Was doing step-ups instead of jumps and changed to a 16inch box for the second lot. Also subbed half of the squats for “power squats”.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Hit 70 for the complex
    Missed @75 I did like two super ugly, slow hang snatches and called it there.

10:46 @105kg for the METCON. Just tried to keep up with KJ she wrecked this workout! So speedy.

• Ben M says:

A) 60kg, struggled with the snatches today
    B) 11:10 @70kg

• Nathan says:

1st session back after a week off…
    A: worked up to 60kg, first time snatching in a while so happy to work on technique.
    B: @80kgs, finished 4/30 burpees after squats..this felt super heavy!!

• KJ says:

A: Got through the snatch complex at 55kg. Crazy – considering I couldn’t crack a 60kg snatch last week!
    B: 9 something at 50kgs. Looking at my time, I maybe should have gone a few kilos heavier on the squats – but I did work hard at 50 and felt pretty smashed at the end.
    Loved being back in a 5pm sesh.

• DJ says:

A:50kg – body was very stiff and tight this morning.. Maybe just the morning cold. πŸ˜›
    B: 29 burpees on the buzzer. Worked at 70kg in sets of 10, 10, 7, 3.

• James says:

A: 70kg
    B: 11:53 @85kg ouch.

• Becca says:

A. Worked to 35kg
    B. Well that was mean πŸ™‚ got to 16/30 burpees in last set with front squats at 40kg. Felt kinda spuey after this…

• A) 70kg. Had a go at 75kg and lost the bar forward on the 2nd snatch.
    B) Cut off with 9 burpees finished of the last set. Did 70kg FS, which was quite challenging. Pushed too hard in the first round of burpees.

Saturday was fun and I certainly got a mental workout trying to keep us all organised. I did feel like we were herding cats with that many people per team though.

• Tom R says:

A) 45kgs
    B) 8 burpee box jumps from finishing. So gassed after today. Most gruelling workout in a while.