Power snatch 1RM, TnG power snatches and muscle-ups

Thursday 7.8.14

Mark and Phil getting it done yesterday #pistols #t2b #whileyouweresleeping

Phil getting it done yesterday #pistols #t2b #whileyouweresleeping

A: Power snatch 1RM

— Focus on keeping the bar close and hitting each position. Make sure you are generous with your catch position

B: 3x ME TnG Power snatches @ 50% of A:

— This (if done correctly) should fatigue your legs – not your arms. Make sure the barbell meets your hips every single rep. “Dust – lightly brush” (as opposed to smash) your quads with the barbell as you return it to the ground for your next reps. Aim for at least 10-15 reps, focusing on cycling the movement so it’s smooth and precise.

C: 6 min Ladder:

• 1 muscle-up / 10 double unders
  • 2 muscle-up / 20 double unders
  • 3 muscle-up / 30 double unders
  • 4 muscle-up / 40 double unders
  • etc. / etc.

scaling: 1 muscle-up = 3 C2B pull-ups / strict pull-ups / ring rows

Post loads, training notes and completed rounds and reps to comments.

Coach B

A. 65kg
    B. 15,15,15 @ 35kg
    C. 3 T2B in the 4th round (nice and steady – hands are smoked and my DUs were pretty rubbish today)

A. 65kg. Really pleased. Thought it was a 5kg PB, but it was actually a 10kg improvement.
    B. 18, 17, 20. The “improvement” at the end was just be badgered by the coach. Got a little sloppy at the end there. I think the middle set was my best. Gee, I’d hate to have to do Randy soon…
    C. Glad Jason went first, because my forearms were smoked too. I wondered if I could even hold onto the bar initially. Did C2B and felt like there was no power in my arms a few times. 1 C2B into the 5th round.

• A. 85kg
    B. 45kg didn’t count reps :/
    C. Box elevated ring rows. Did about 25/30 dus

• Elaine says:

Had an awesome PT session at 5:30am this morning with Sean to sort out my cleans. I have been tracking my results since the beginning of the year and despite coming consistently have noticed that while most things have improved steadily my cleans (all forms) have not moved past 40kgs since 19 May. After 30 mins Sean got me lifting more than 40kgs and then I got to set a new PB of 45kgs. Managed to lift and get under 47.5kgs but did not manage to bounce it out of the bottom and lift it up.
    I came away with a simple strategy to improve different technical aspects of future lifts, confidence to chase 47.5kgs next time we do cleans and some gynastics stuff to work on as we had a spare 15mins left. Highly recommend PT if you want to progress something that’s not improving with workouts alone 🙂

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Hit 80kg pretty comfortably, would have liked to have given 85kg a shot but just ran out of time. It’s there.

Worked at 60kg so obviously way higher than 50% but definitely didn’t want to get stuck repping out 40kgs 30 times

Maintained 8s across three sets @60, no straps.

Only got to 4 muscle ups into the round of 5, MUs weren’t working for me today. Thought I’d do much better, oh well!

• David N says:

A: Got a 55kg but 50/52 felt nicer.
    B: @ 30kg, 12,15,15. Still too much arms.
    C: 40 double unders with pull ups

• Tim Manning says:

A: 60kg
    B: 20, 15, 10 @ 35kg
    Was all about my left hand grip and it didn’t really want to hang on.
    C: 1 MU and 10 double unders, from there I had nothing. Happy to entertain Jamie and Coach.

A: Managed to PR by 1kg with 51kg. Which is actually more than my full snatch from last test.
    B: 25kg – Managed 15, 15, 5 – hit myself in the kneecap with the bar, because of the short round, hit a 4th set for 10. I liked these, feels good to work on fluidity.
    C: Subbed airdyne for DU and banded C2B. Got to 5/12 C2B.
    HUGE congratulations to Kettie who got her first bar muscle-ups! 🙂 🙂

• Tom R says:

A) New PR at 52.5kgs
    B) @25kgs 15, 12, 10
    C) paired up with Harry. 9DUs into the 4th round

• KJ says:

A: 52kg. Failed 55.
    B: @25kg. 21, 16 then 16.
    C: 6 minutes to get 1 MU. But am good with that!
    Went next door with Ben m – did some c2b and DU FOR 6 mins – to finish off.

• john parr says: