Snatch complex, deadlift double and Burpee Helen

Monday 4.8.14

We’ve just started a new cycle

Tahni, at last year's Smash Clash - Looking forward to some upcoming local comps...

Tahni, at last year’s Smash Clash – I’m looking forward to some upcoming local comps…

A: hang snatch + drop snatch (snatch balance) + OH squat

B: 8 mins to work up to a heavy double deadlift – Form must be absolutely perfect – any rounding (no matter how slight) will be penalised with 20 burpees.

C: Burpee Helen (10 min cap)

3 rounds for time:

• 30 burpees (no step downs)
  • 21 KB swings w/ 24/16kg (overhead)
  • 12 pull-ups

Post loads and times (or completed reps) to comments.

Coach B

I thought I recognised that girl in the pic.
    A. 50kg. Felt pretty good, so I was confident at 55kg. As it turns out that was a little unwarranted. 55kg hang snatch was OK, but the drop snatch just wasn’t happening. Dropped back to 40kg to feel good about myself.
    B. 120kg. Felt pretty good. I felt like I could have gone heavier, but the threat of 20 burpees (and the 90 burpees that were looming over the horizon) scared me off.
    C. I was right to be scared of the 90 burpees. Just got the burpees done in the 3rd round. Then the buzzer went and I fell over. Stupid burpees. I’m with Tim – next time I’ll do the run for Helen, even if it’s snowing.

• Michael G says:

A. 70Kg
    B. 120Kg
    C. Finished 20 burpees in the last round

Good to be back in the gym. Still a little broken so very scaled. Thanks Coach B for the support!

A) Worked with the bar only. Tried to concentrate on speed under the bar, and upright chest position.

B) Played with 70KG. Enough for a little challenge, but not enought to put too much pressure on my knee.

C) Rowed instead of burpees, and ring rows. Got to 5 ring rows in the second round.

I felt strong in the OH Kettlebell swings.

A. 60kg
    B. 90kg (or 100kg? – ooops wasn’t paying attention – was focused on not getting a 20 burpee penalty for poor form before C. plus I knew I had more deadlifts programmed in for open gym)
    C. 17 burpees in the last round. Really quite happy with this.

• Matt B says:

A) worked with Nick and a G2 bar…which worked out to be 67kg for the complex. I was happy with that, as I don’t think I’ve ever done a drop snatch with weight before.

B) 120kg, I was kinda like Ivan and reluctant to be dished with any extra Burpees!

C) finished the 3rd Rd of Burpees….this was tough, there is no rest for your arms unlike normal Helen.

Nice to be back after a chest infection.
    A. 30kgs, needs to work on snatch more. OHS was solid.
    B. 105kgs, happy as 1RM is 112kgs, need to focus on keeping back straight.
    C. Happy to get to 16 burpees in second round with ring rows, didn’t think I’d get that far. Was struggling to get my breath back after though!

• David N says:

A: 45kg. I got a 50kg hang snatch but didn’t hit the drop properly. I couldn’t repeat the hang after that.
    B: 120kg, failed 130kg
    C: 63 burpees.
    Why are those things so hard?

• Amelia says:

A. 37.5kg (fun complex)
    B. 90kg
    C. Finished on a 3rd round with 15 burpees. First wod without bands

• Gabriel says:

A: 60kg
    B: 120kg
    C: 4 pull-ups into the last round, close but no cigar!

• john parr says:

A: 69.5kg (used the G2 bar). Good, I had not done a snatch balance in a while.

B: 182kg for the double, tried 187kg, got the single, but something was not rite on the way down, so I didn’t go for the 2nd one

C: yeah, this one sucked! I did 5 kbs in the last round

• eliza says:

A. Snatch complex thing- did 27th, hands stopped me then
    B. Deadlifts – 70kg
    C. 3 x rds-20box Jumps and 20 situps
    Finished that at 7.03min
    Good to work with Montana I her first session 🙂
    Thanks coach bec

• Bec B says:

A. Liked this complex! 35kg was hard but still felt tidy (don’t think my 1rm snatch is 36kg anymore…)
    B. 85kg double, something not feeling great with these so didn’t push it, and didn’t want burpees!
    C. 1 burpee in the 3rd round, my arms went quickly in the second set of burpees!

• DJ says:

A: 50kg – I did a bunch of snatch drills in the Open Gym before class so hang snatch was good. Snatch balance was challenging.
    B: Worked up to 150kg which was borderline. Dropped back to 140kg.
    C: 1 KB swing in the final round. Tough workout but I’m happy that my pull-up rhythm is coming back after losing it a year ago.