OHS Max, then 8 min to climb the ladder

Tuesday 29.07.14

Your 2014 Crossfit Games Champs, Rich Froning Jr and Camille Le Blanc

Strength

• 1RM Over head Squat

Conditioning

• 8 min to climb the ladder
  • 2 Cleans 60/40
  • 2 Lateral Bar Burpees
  • 200m run
  • 4 Cleans
  • 4 Burpees
  • 200m run
  • 6 Cleans
  • 6 Burpees
  • …and so on

Post loads, rounds and training notes to comments

• kirsten says:

This was really fun today.
    took some time to warm up on the overheads today, finished with 45kg.
    I am beginning to realize i take way to long to warm up… i will work on this.
    6/8 cleans – the run was tough!

A. 72.5 PB. As I said to Karen later, that’s only 1 off Froning’s effort. Just put a 1 in front of it and convert to pounds (bloody Americans – why can’t they use kg like the rest of us?).
    B. Just started the run in the round of 8. Might have done it but bloody shoelaces came undone in the second run and tangled up so I couldn’t even re-tie.

• Michael G says:

A. 92kg
    B. 2/8 burpees

• A. 32.5kgs! Considering my previous attempts on an unloaded bar resulted in me on my butt, Sean tips and Prue’s encouragement got me through it! So proud.
    B. 5 into the 6 cleans @ 35kgs – blegh to running 🙂

• DJ says:

A: 65kg. 15kg off PB but working on technique.
    B: Started the run on the round of 8 before the timer went. Completed the run.

• charnel says:

I am still not feeling 100% this week. My body feels all out of whack! I am booked in to see Craig tomorrow and the physio Friday 🙂
    A: 50kg – PB by 5kg and this felt light :/
    B: Airdyne instead of running and was 2 cals away from finishing the round of 6.

A: PB @ 60kg (+2kg from when we last tested in May) I had 65kg twice but was only parallel on both! Just needed that extra inch.. ah well, next time 🙂

B: Rx, 23 secs remaining on the clock when I went out the door for the run in the round of 8 – not sure how far I got to time but probably only count half way. 😛

• Matt B says:

Great workout today!
    A) Hit a 10kg PB at 90kg, so I’m pretty stoked with that

B) got 4 burpee into the round of 8…tried to keep on the bar

C) stuck around and did some muscle ups and rope climbs and then so.e snatch work with Ben M…but my shoulders were fairly smoked by this point

• Ben M says:

Open Gym) worked up to a heavy triple back squat, 110kg, went for 121kg for new 1rm but failed it.
    A) got 80kg, failed 85 although i felt i should have been able to stand it up, ran out of time to try again.
    B) 1/10 cleans.
    played around after with some snatches, tried 70kg for the first time, got under ok but needed to reach more at the bottom. small steps

• john parr says:

A: nailed 80kg, had 2 attempts at 90kg, but 2 fails

B: finished the round of 8’s. Well I could of been at the bottom of the hill when the timer went off

• Amelia says:

A. 47.5kg (PR)
    B. finished the 8th ladder

• Nathan says:

A: Worked up to 80kg, 5kg PB. Definitely a weakness of mine so some Open Gym is on the cards for OHS…

B: Finished the 8 burpees and missed the run..

C: just did some strict HSPU’s to finish the session.

august is the start of open gym for me, so hoping my numbers head upwards from here 🙂

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Hit 90 for a set of 5 & 100kg for 3

Finished the round of 8s

• Kylie J says:

A. 65kg, felt good. Cldn’t jerk 70kg

B. Maybe half way in 8’s run when whistle went?

• A) 92kg (7kg PB). It felt quite easy so had a go at 102, but went down a little too quick and lost my breath so it dropped it forward.
    B) 6 burpees of the round of 8. Did the first run a bit too fast and hit a wall on the cleans.