power clean triple, 3×3 back squat and 21-15-9…

23.7.14

Morgan decided to have a crack at #fran this morning...

Morgan decided to have a crack at #fran yesterday

A: 10 mins to work up to a heavy TnG power clean triple

B: 3×3 back squat – maintain load across sets but these should be ridiculously heavy. warm up across 4-5 sets and then rest 90 sec – 2 minutes between working sets.

C: 21-15-9 (5 min cap):

• bumper plate burpees
  • sit-ups

Post loads to comments

Compare to 21.5.14

Who’s the dude with the Camera?

If you notice a guy wondering around taking photos don’t freak out. I’ve asked Dave (one of our members and photographer) to take some shots of both coaches and all our athletes over out the next couple of weeks. We’ve been meaning to jazz up the website with some images and Dave takes rad shots #JustSoYouKnow #smileForTheCamera

Coach B

A: 55kg (failed 3rd at 60kg) – Ben did push me to go higher and I thought ‘no way’ – damn brain……. I almost got it….. happy to have tried!
    B: 72Kg – again I thought ‘no way’ – but this was a perfect working weight.
    C: loved this sh#t. 4:32 tough as, but fun!

A. 35 kg – My technique was a bit off this morning – too much arms and not enough legs.

B. Did a set of 3 at 50kg (not heavy enough) then a set of 2 at 52.5kg (ran out of time for a 3rd set). Tried to find a weight that was heavy enough to be challenging, but not too heavy to sacrifice form.

C. Urgh Burpees!! Got 15 sit ups into the round of 21. Am finding the jump up and down burpees challenging and slow –need to practice these.

A. Worked with Mike and Tim today. Got 80kg with good form then jumped to 90kg – so close – tried a few times.
    B. 100kg – was the heaviest back squats I’ve done in ages.
    C. 4:17 I think – damn sit ups. Nice work to the fellas in the 6:30 session who cracked 4min.

• Brendo says:

A: was a little “trepidatious” if that’s a word, as I was working with Dale but the “holy crap I better lift heavy so I don’t slow him down too much”-factor kicked in and I got 80kg up for the triple.

B: Went to 100kg – got the first one out but the second one stuck. Realised I had the safety bars set too low and had to bend further than my nearly-40 frame was expecting. Didn’t quite end up kissing my own arse, but I did have to don the “ice pack of shame”. The difference between that and the “ice pack of bad-assedness” is all in the context.

C: 4:20. Made Dale go first for a bit of extra rest after B and it seemed to work – sorry Dale if you needed the rest!

• Michael G says:

A. 90kg
    B. Got up to 120kg
    C. 3:54
    Awesome session today. Good squad.

A. 50kgs, pretty happy as it took three goes to master and it was my previous 1RM
    B. 75kgs, which is bang on my 85%. 3 x 3 was tough
    C. I’m so slow at burpees… got to 6 in the round of 15, pretty happy to get to the 15’s though.
    D. Thanks to Ann… got another 6 or so birthday burpees in too…

A) 85kg
    B) 110kg. Previous 2rm I think?
    C) 3:24 – tried chasing Karl’s 3:19… wasn’t possible haha.
    Great 5pm session with Alex, great work on those cleans!

A: 57kg up from 55kg in May. First attempt was a bit messy. Second attempt was much much better.

B: 65kg felt good. Worked at 55kg in May. Might try 70kg next time!

C: happy but disappointed at the same time…felt very average so didn’t expect to get far into the round of 15, but I ended up getting out 4 of 9 burpees. Disappointed I didn’t finish in time.

• eliza says:

A; 35kg
    B: 55kg
    c: 3.44, subbed in box jumps instead of burps
    Awesome fun to work with bec and Sean I was blown away by your awesome coaching tonight 😉
    thanks to james too

• Tom R says:

A) 66kgs. One more than before. Did one at 70 (my 1rm)
    B) 87kgs. 7kg improvement and 3kgs short of my 1rm
    C) 4:32. So stoked to finish!

• DJ says:

A: 82kg. Failed 3rd lift @ 87kg.
    B: Worked up to 112kg triple
    C: 4:03.

• Amelia says:

A. 45kg, failed 50kg @ 2nd rep
    B. 3 x 70kg
    C.4.17

A: I got to 60 which is 5 more than last time – but my form was going to shit (I blame being out for 2 weeks) so I dropped it back to 55 and did a couple more sets.
    B: Not allowed to break parallel at the moment so did box squats instead but did working sets of 5 to get some volume. Worked at 85kg which is less than last time but trying to take it easy!
    C: Again taking it a bit slow so as not to jar my knee too much with all the jumping. Finished the 15 sit ups i think? Wasnt really paying attention as I was getting a bit sore by now.

• Bec B says:

A. 45kg. Failed the 3rd at 47.5kg. Not so comfortable touch and go I much prefer to set up and stay tidy!
    B. Worked up to 55kg which is just over current 90% 1rm.
    C. 4:41 tough in that round of 15 sit-ups! they all of a sudden didn’t want to go haha

• Karl Buchhorn says: