Press, Push Press, Push Jerk Max

Tuesday 22.07.14

5:30am massive getting it done - pause clean and jerks #stronger #whileYouWereSleeping

5:30am massive getting it done – pause clean and jerks #stronger #whileYouWereSleeping

Strength

• 8 mins to find max Press
  • 8 mins to find max Push Press
  • 8 mins to find max Push Jerk

Conditioning

• 12 min AMRAP – Alternate rounds
  • 5 HSPU
  • 10 OH Kb Swings 24/16
  • 15 Double unders
  • then
  • 3 mins AMRAP – One person hangs other person jumping squats
  • Flexed Arm Hang
  • BB Jumping Squats

Compare to 20.05.14

Post loads, rounds, reps and training notes to comments

• charnel says:

I was feeling very sore and flat today, so no PB’s for me ๐Ÿ™
    A: 45kg current PB is 47.5kg
    B: 60kg current PB is 65kg
    C: 60kg curent PB is 63kg
    D: 6 rounds and 7 DUs

Pretty good day today for me. A pleasant surprise given that I started with a pretty stiff and sore shoulder.
    A. 65kg. One kg PB. Geez I worked for it – legs were shaking and everything – no dignity in that lift.
    B. 80, failied 86kg. 85kg is a PB, so mildly disappointed, but I blame this on working so hard for the strict press PB.
    C. 85kg. I’ll call this a PB because I didn’t have anything recorded in MyWOD (rectified now). I normally find the push jerk really awkward.Today it felt bettter (I’m hesistant to say good) so the heavier weight didn’t seem so daunting.
    D. Not so well here – DU issues for our team, so we didn’t get all that far (which was OK because my shoulders really weren’t keen on HSPU). About 40 back squats.

On other news. Karen doesn’t get to post here much, but she got 3 PBs today. The best was a jump from 40 to 47.5kg on the push jerk.

And that horrible blonde teenage kid got a 70kg snatch yesterday. I think I’m being left behind. Bah humbug.

A. Got 50kg then jumped up to 60kg with Mark and DJ but no dice for me – I really struggle keeping my core tight on this.
    B. 75kg – 5kg PB
    C. 85kg – 5kg PB
    D. Mark and I got 11 rounds + 2 HSPU I think. I went first so completed 6 rounds (but I had to sub 1 of my last set of HSPU for a push up – I just could not get any more out – had like 5 attempts). For part 2 of this I think it was somewhere around 40 squat jumps.

Good session.

• Michael G says:

Worked with Tim.
    A. 80kg strict
    B. 85kg push press
    C. 80kg push jerk (was smoked after A)
    D. Not sure how many rounds got with Tim, lost count! DUs got better (by my shit standards) towards the end and I stayed strict on the HSPUs.

• Michael G says:

Ps. is Totalwod dead? Anyone else use a good progress tracking app?

• David N says:

XFIT PR (android) Has all the Bench Mark WODS etc, Timer, converter, search, build-your-own, graphs for progress, autofill from Adapt.

• Leanne says:

MyWOD for iPhone… Free and has all the benchmarks, graphs, percentages, timers, etc

• David N says:

Strict Press – 52kg
    Push Press – 65kg
    Push Jerk – 67kg (I think) Need to lock arms out faster

B: Flexed arm hang was not fun

A. New 1RM 37.5 up from 35
    B. Equal PB 50kgs
    C. Equal PB 50kgs
    D. Worked with Char. We were on kettle bells in 7th round, slowed by my double unders.
    E. I need to learn to hang onto the bar!!!

• kirsten says:

A: 47.5 old PB 45KG ๐Ÿ™‚
    B: 50kg up from 45
    C: 50kg up from 45
    not sure about how many rounds – worked with Ann. my double unders were terrible towards the end… at one point i was sure i had broken through the skin on my butt through my tights…
    today was really fun.

• DJ says:

Been training with the 630am crew this week and walking away with that morning buzz.

A: 60kg
    B: 75kg
    C: 80kg
    D: Trained with Teagan and we knocked out 12 rounds + 10 DUs into the 13th. We cranked out about 45 squat jumps and props to Teagan who was using a 20kg bar.

So after training on/off for the past 60 months, my strength is down about 20%. This factor really tests my patience, but I hope to stick with it and commit to getting back on track over the next 3-6 months. What I have really loved seeing is all the people that started 6 months ago become so strong and fit. Well done to you all.

• Bec B says:

Warm up was heaps better today, I got on the rower for a bit then Coach B smashed our shoulders with wall walks!
    A. 35kg strict press (current 1rm know I shouldn’t have hit it again!) went to 37.5 and really thought I would get it but stared it down in front of my eyes twice, no dice grrr.
    45kg push press then pretty sure it was 52.5kg push jerk – felt like I had more but the 8 mins went really quick.
    Worked with Louie who was giving me no rest at all! 5 KB into the 10th round and then 45 BB jumping squats. Felt smashed after that 15mins!

• Marklewis14 says:

80kg Strict-press (PB), 90kg Push-press (Down 10kg from last yr), 95kg Push-jerk and 11 rounds +2 HSPU with Jason ๐Ÿ™‚

• Bryan says:

A: 90KG
    B102.5KG New Pr
    C100KG
    D: I think Jaime and I did either 7 or 9 rounds and then 47 squat umps

• Leanne says:

Worked with Ellyse tonight which I havnt done in awhile.

A) 32kg
    B) 42kg … 2kgPB
    C) 42kg… 2kg PB
    D) 7 rounds and I think 3KB @16kg
    E) 40 squats were harder than hanging on I think

• Gabriel says:

A: 48/68/77, my push press & jerk are getting better but my strict press has been stuck here for a long time
    B: Worked with Matt, can’t remember how many rounds we got for the first part but I think we managed 58 jumping squats for the second

A: 33kg up from 32.5 (huge! Haha)

B: 45kg, failed 50kg 3 times. Frustrating as I had 50kg push press 12 months ago, but haven’t nailed it since. 1rm currently sitting at 47.5kg.

C: 50kg, up from 41kg in May. So mixed night tonight!

D: failed 5th HSPU in my second round about 6 times so cracked it and did a normal push up just so we could progress. Ended up with 4 rounds plus 3 HSPU on ab mat. Last time Em and I did this we got 41 jumping squats (is that right Em?) But tonight we got 60. Rather than just hanging on for as long as possible we did sets of 10 and transitioned fairly quickly.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

80kg Strict Press
    105kg Push Press
    missed 110kg push jerk a few times have hit 115kg before and am usually pretty consistent with 110kg so not sure what happened there. not to worry.

Really not sure how many rounds and reps here just tried to smash it out the best i could with Dan.

• Amelia says:

A. 37.5kg (PB)
    B. 52.5kg
    C. 55kg
    D. on the 8th round with 70 squats

• A) 70
    B) 80
    C) 85
    D) Teamed up with Kim. Can’t remember our rounds, but I think we got 49 squats.