FRAN

Saturday 19.7.14

Johnny Parr - post #fran

Johnny Parr – post #fran

A: 1RM Cluster

B: “FRAN”

21-15-9

• Thrusters at 50% of A (Rx 42/30)
  • Pull-ups – no bands today, it is either kipping pull-ups or ring rows

6:46 RX. A 4 second PB and might be my first time RX. Boy does Fran take it out of you!

A. 46kg. Tried 50kg but couldn’t get it overhead. Was happy to get under the 50kg clean though.
    B. DNF 8/9 thrusters @ 25kg and ring rows (8 minutes). Still an improvement considering that my last scaled Fran time was around 11mins.

• Leanne says:

New 1RM thruster of 40kg = happy

Beat my old Fran time by 36secs at same scaled weight of 20kg… Super tight and legit ring rows… Even no-repped myself on one of them👏
    Feeling it now… And I have to work tonight OUCH!!

A. 80kg equal 1rm but had no interest in trying to break it just getting ready for fran

B. 6:10 rx absolutely stoked with this time it was 4:38 quicker then my fractured fran from 2 weeks ago. Big thanks to matt for coaching me through it and not letting me rest for long

• Ben M says:

A) 82kg, 6kg PR today
    B) 4:44, almost a 1 minute PB, this is the first time ive done Fran at Adapt, i did it once in Japan at a globo, its nice having a decent pull up bar.
    Still it was tough.

I love Saturdays… and I’ve been looking forward to Fran for weeks!
    A) 82kg (pb by 2kg)
    B) 5:17 rx – PB by a bit -previous was 7:01! Huge improvement!
    C) cashed out with Annie – PB 5:33 and made the whiteboard!
    Awesome work by the Sat crew.

• charnel says:

A: 60 kg – a 5kg PB. I’m pretty happy with that 🙂
    B: Finished in 7.20 – 30kg thrusters and ring rows.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

2:47 for me today. Quite a big PR.

#happy

• john parr says:

DUDE

Awesome work

• john parr says:

It’s fun been the cover photo

A: worked up to 80kg, Attempted 90kg but no dice

B: PRed something epic. Last time did fran 5min, today 4:34.

On a random note I used to G2 bar today and after the 21 thrusters coach B pointed that out and loaded the bar accordingly. Which means I did 82kg and attempted 92kg.

A: 50kg cluster, 2.5kg PB!

B: 7:48 with 25kg and ring rows. Happy to finish. Looked at the clock at 6 minutes and pushed myself to make sure I finished. Last time I did Fran was 12 months ago and I worked at 20kg with jumping pull ups and I did it in 4:39. Not sure how much of an improvement that is…

Ok so looking at my past with Fran, that attempt 12 months ago was done with a push press only so I feel better about my improvement now.

Fractured Fran at the end of October last year I used an empty bar and ring rows and got 7:58 so 3:58 Fran time.

We did Outlaw training this afternoon which had Fran programmed for the WOD (to my complete disgust – thought I was getting away with not doing it today)
    We also had 1RM Snatch, Clean & Jerk and a 3RM front squat beforehand, so I went something like this…
    PB Snatch @ 52kg then @ 53kg (+3kg) YAY!
    Did a 1RM Cluster instead of Clean & Jerk – PB 60kg, +20kg from previous recorded (didn’t go to failure because front squats and Fran were still to come and looks like I’m doing Fran Rx! D’oh)
    Did a 1RM front squat instead of 3RM as my 1,2&3RM are all currently at 70 – PB for 1RM @ 75kg, failed 80.
    And onto Fran.. was really nervous to do this as it’s my first time Rx (abd Coach B was counting my reps) – last time was modified with front squats @25kg & jumping pullups (as I was on bands and only had 40kg thruster) in 4:04.
    Today, I didn’t finish in 8min time cap (didn’t expect to or even want to!!) but finished the thrusters unbroken in the round of 9, only had pullups to go and I mentally and physically finished right there on the buzzer. No really Coach B, I’m done..
    Thrusters (11,6,5) (5,5,5) 9 unbroken
    Pullups 2,2 and.. singles – got rid of the extra kip before each single so cycled through a little quicker.
    Won’t be doing that again in a hurry but I reckon I’ll finish in the time cap the next time I do!
    Great arvo session with the crew 😀

• PaulT says:

A – 75kg. The 80kg clean didn’t quite happen today.
    B – 07:23.