Max C&J, front squats and T2B

Thursday 17.7.14

Elmira and Amanda finishing off the morning with some tire flips #oldschool #noExcuses

Elmira & Amanda finishing off with some tire flips…

A: Max Clean and Jerk (15 mins)

B: 4×5 front squat (increasing loads to a heavy set of 5 – so not a 5RM)

C: 50 Toes 2 Bar (untimed)

Post loads and training notes to comments.

A. New 1RM of 51 up from 50
    B. Highest set at 55kgs, no previous recorded 5RM
    C. Knee raises, burn good together through 50 of them

First session back after a few days with the flu and a week in Adelaide. Not sure about anyone else but time away always makes me nervous/anxious to get back into things.

A. 80kg – stopped there (ongoing back niggles).
    B. 70kg for the 4 sets focusing on posture/technique and my back
    C. 100 situps

Enjoyed the warmup today – nice change – exactly what I needed after a few days off. Good one Coach B.

A. Solid at 80kg. Nearly got first attempt at 90kg but then psyched myself out on 2 more attempts. Felt a bit sluggish this morning.
    B. 80, 85, 90, 95. Really battled last couple of reps.
    C. Sets of 10, 10, 6 or so for rest. Felt almost easy compared to earlier bits.

• charnel says:

A: New 1RM clean AND Clean and Jerk @ 62.5kg.
    B: Highest set @ 65kgs, and that felt tough today! But I may need to re-test my 1RM which is 70kgs
    C: Managed 25 T2B and moved on to 15 tyre flips with the heaviest tyre

Awesome sesh this morning πŸ™‚

• Ashleigh says:

A: 30kgs, working on better splits
    B: 30, 35, 37.5, 37.5
    C: 15 knee raises & 100 Situps
    Followed by 30 tyre flips! Then Tegan convinced me to do 50 Kettlebell swings… for some reason πŸ™‚
    Also – shout out to the awesome coffee man BEN!

• Matt B says:

Soo sluggish this morning after a block of night shifts. Still, I managed a 1kg pb on C&J at 96kg. 100kg is def just around the corner πŸ™‚

4 x 5 @ 80kg…probably should have gone heavier but I dud some pause front squats last night

50 T2B, In sets of 10

A: 42.5 kg – 1RM is 47.5 kg but wasn’t feeling it today. Trouble standing up with the clean and getting low for the jerk.

B. 40kg – suprised that this was so much of a struggle.

C. Got 30 knee raises out then some tyre flips for fun πŸ˜‰ Great session. Loved the warm up as well.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

115kg C&J

Squats @110

T2B’s all good. Nice finisher

• Amelia says:

A. 60kg (PR)
    B. 35, 55, 55, 60, 60, 55
    C. First kipping t2b

A. 90kg failed 102 a few times. 1rm is 100

B. 90kg for all sets

C. Shitty and slow im awful at anything not timed or scored I dont get it I cant beat anyone? Haha

Didnt feel great tonight but pretty happy with how I went for not feeling great

• A) 90kg. Was heavy, but want to go for 95 next time.
    B) 80kg for first set, then 90 for the other 3.
    C) That wasn’t much fun. My form’s great, but my grip always lets me down.