3 Position Power Clean, Pullups, HSPU and Double Unders

Tuesday 15.07.14

Strength

• 3 Position Power Clean (Ground, Hang, Hi-Hang) – Work to a max

Conditioning

• 4 Rounds
  • 6 Pullups (must be pronated grip)
  • 12 HSPU
  • 24 Double Unders

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

A. Pretty happy with this. Used the G2 bar so weights were 62, 72, 82. Couldn’t finish the complex at 82 so had a couple of goes at just the high hang and got it on the 3rd. New PB there. I find it hard to pull myself under the bar while also spinning my elbows under. Hmmm…
    B. 8:44. Again happy but think I can do better when my post-butterfly shoulder recovers. HSPU got hard in the last 2 rounds.

Proud of Karen who soldiered on and finished after the buzzer. Her first complete WOD for a while with HSPU due to sore neck.

• Sam B says:

A: worked at 60kg for a few sets, trying to get under the bar from the high-hang. Finally got it. Some helpful tips fro Coach Sean about how to use my arms.

B: 11:49. Really pleased to finish this. Did HSPU on an abmat.

• David N says:

A: 60kg on the 3rd attempt. Wasn’t the greatest lift but got it there.
    B:11:26. Tough to make it under the cap, luckily my double unders didn’t fall apart like they are known to do under pressure

• Amelia says:

A. worked up to 45kg. attempted 50kg, but failed at the hi-hang.
    B. first WOD attempting HSPU since learning the movement a few weeks back. I quickly forgot my form, but was happy to get the practice in. Scaled using 10kg plate. Did not finish. Was on my fourth round with 4 HSPU.

• Ben M says:

A) worked upto 72kg for the triple had issues withthe high hang, got pos 3 and 2 @77kg no dice from 1, really slow elbows.

B) 7:13 or 14 with 6″ deficit HSPU, finished 5 rounds in 11:03. The HSPU’s got pretty hard.

• john parr says:

A: worked to 80kg pretty easy, then tried 90kg 3 time and kept failing on the high hang, so I dialled it back to 85kg and got that

B: RXed it and knocked it over in 5:05. Fun workout

• Nathan says:

1st post in a while….probably because I was happy with my power cleans tonight 😉

A: Got 102kg for 3 positions, super stoked as this was my previous 1RM power clean. Karl and Steve O were peer pressuring me to up the weigh so I just went with the flow and managed to put up some decent numbers.

B: Finished 10:26, HSPU faded pretty quickly, haven’t done much HSPU volume work lately, definitely something to work on again.

• Bec B says:

A. Got through at 50kg which felt awesome, had a crack at 52 and was thinking about it too much gah! Got it from the ground eventually which is a 1rm power clean but missed the hang.
    B. 1 HSPU in the last round, feel like I’m not far off being able to finish this rx! HSPU got slow slow but I think I just needed to break them up a bit better early. Great to work with Nic! x

• Karl Buchhorn says:

100kg clean complex

4:57 for the METCON.

A. 80kg pretty happy with that.

B. Finished 2 rounds + 4 pullups pretty stoked with that most hspu iv ever done