Snatch max, back squat heavy double and an 8min AMRAP

B: Back squat – 10 mins to work up to a heavy double

Compare to 12.5.14

C: 8 min AMRAP:

• 5 push-ups
  • 10 sit-ups
  • 15 squats

Post loads and rounds to comments.

A: 43kg (missed 46 two times, which would have been a PR – doh)
    B: 75kg – this was HARD!!!
    C: 7 rounds and 5 squats – almost got the 8 out…. but push ups limited my speed by round 5 or 6.
    Great morning to get back into it!

A) 60kg today. This is the second time I have managed this weight and it felt like I could have done more. I just have to figure out how to nail this every time.
    B) 120kg if we had time, I think I could have done more.

C) 10 round plus 5 Sit ups.

A. 25kg – up from last time and things seemed to be a lot smoother today. Took me a few attempts to get a smooth 25kg out but got there in the end.
    B. 45kg
    C. 3 rounds + 10 squats. Focused on keeping my chest up in the squats (as I tend to fall back into old habits with high rep squats).

A. 35kgs, still need to work on getting under it quicker
    B. 75kgs, kept it easy due to my sore knee
    C. 6 rounds plus 3 push ups.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Hit 80kg for my snatch

150kg double back sqt

14rds & 5 push ups for le METCON, spicy.

A. 50kg and several fails at 62kg. Following the advice of Tim – “Well if your PB is 61, let’s got straight to 62.”. Seems good in theory. In hindsight, maybe fewer reps at the lower weights, then a 55kg for good measure might have seen me there. Still, got it almost overhead so it’s there. No, really it is…
    B. Must charge my phone in advance – didn’t bring it, so convinced myself that my backsquat 2RM was 110kg. Went for a PR of 112, again only to discover it’s already 120kg. And, yes Tim, you were right. I blame my memory on my age.
    C. 12 rounds and 3 squats. This one felt good. Found the right pace early so it was fast, but didn’t leave me gasping.

• Ben M says:

A) 67kg on the 3rd attempt PR so pretty happy with that, maybe time to try body weight.
    B) double @105, failed the second @110 not quite as good as the double @113 on Friday.
    C) Chased Karl for the metcon, 13 rounds and 8/15 squats. the man is just too fast.

• Matt B says:

a) 80kg!!!! Sooo pumped to finally hit that goal!!! Thanks to Bec who got me to keep my chest up, so I could nail it.

b) 115kg

c) I kinda estimated 10rounds…after discussions with a few others who lost count after the half way point πŸ™‚

• Amelia says:

A. 40kg (PR) – got this three times. it didn’t feel, or look, great so decided to stick with it. By the third time I think it was acceptable.
    B. 75kg (PR) – was pretty surprised I hit this as my 1 RM is 73kg
    C. 11 rounds and 5 push ups

Haven’t trained for a week as I was off sick all of last week, I usually either come back feeling great or hit struggle town, was expecting struggle town today but was happy to feel great instead!

A: 47.5kg! So stoked! Up from 40kg in May (failed 42.5kg then too).

B: 72.5kg, failed second rep at 75kg. Only got 70kg and a single at 72.5kg in May, so happy with tonight’s effort.

C: cardio part wasn’t so great after being sick, can’t remember if I got 5 or 6 rounds, but I finished the round on the buzzer.

Great session today, just what I needed!
    60kg snatch, first full snatch at this weight πŸ™‚
    112kg pb by 2kg
    11 rds and 8 squats? Happy. I love sit ups.

• Bec B says:

A: 36kg PR by 1kg (35 was only last week) feeling so much better now my shoulders are starting to play along!
    B: 60kg double I didn’t make the 12/5 session but 60kg is my current 1rm so will need to re test that πŸ™‚
    C: 8 rounds and 5 sit-ups, push ups were slow but I was trying really hard to make them perfect. Tough little WOD though!

A. 70kg stoked to pick this one up! 4kg pb

B. 130kg got 1 at 135 feel like I should have got this but I rushed it bit more rest between sets I think I could have got it still a pb though.

C. 10 rounds and 3 situps

• john parr says:

A: 70kg, tried 73kg, so close yet so far (72kg is the Pr)

B: worked to 140kg

C: did 10rds 1 sit up

• Gabriel says:

A: 57kg, new PR, had a few goes at 60 with no luck but I know I have got it in me
    B: New 2RM of 105kg and 1RM of 112kg
    C: Lost count after about 6 or 7 rounds

• Was feeling a bit sore from my physio appointment just before the session.
    A) 80kg – had to really work for this.
    B)125kg – may have been able to go slightly heavier, but it was pretty close to max for the day.
    C) 9 + 14 squats – my rubbery abs let me down on this one.